AMA BOD Election - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

AMA BOD Election

The final 2 weeks of online voting are at hand in the special election for the North Central Region seat on the AMA Board of Directors. It has been my honor to serve as your N C Region rep for the last two terms. I have a record that I am proud of. I have served the interests of the AMA membership and motorcycling as a whole. I have worked hard to make the AMA more transparent and responsive to its members and I have worked hard to advocate for and preserve the right to ride & race motorcycles without restriction. Some things I have been actively involved in include stopping the lead law that threatened youth riding and racing nationwide...I co-authored the AMA's Position Statement on Lane Splitting and filtering and have been working on getting more riders to join in advocating for responsible lane splitting and filtering nationally and here at home in Illinois. I testified twice before finance committee of the Chicago City Council and helped stop the city from mandating the sale of E 15 until such time it is approved for motorcycles and ATV's by both the EPA and manufacturers. I was also involved in reforming the entire Hall of Fame selection process
I am currently serving as the Rights and Advocacy committee chair and the AMA Congress (where racing rules are formulated) & Racing committee chair. With my previous racing and advocacy experience and my experience as an AMA Board member I am uniquely qualified to finish the work I've started. This is the final consecutive term that I am eligible to serve.
AMA members can cast their votes by going to https://Eballot4.votenet.com/AMA-cycle Your AMA number and last name provide the access you need to vote. ALL current AMA members can vote. Click the link to vote NOW! Every vote in this election WILL count! I could use campaign support via word of mouth!

Thank You,

OldTimeBiker, AKA Jim Viverito

PS...Feel free to post, PM or otherwise contact me with questions or comments etc.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode