: AR-15 buildup

Motobeagle
02-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Let me introduce my AR for under $500.

I had to source different new parts. Rock River Arms, and various suppliers on AR15.com, but a fun build. The lower is a bushmaster, the upper Colt, and the rest Rock River Arms.

The build took about 2 hours.

http://www.pbase.com/image/26227540.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/26227541.jpg

HDTony
02-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Very nice. Oh ya we gotta talk. I like that idea.

Motobeagle
02-21-2004, 12:41 AM
That's a Rock River upper with their muzzle break (not a flash Sup). I originally thought Rock River was Colt, but I've been informed that RR builds their own stuff.

Happy Shooting:wheelie

Labdog
02-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Very Nice MOTO!!:thumbsup I think we should all have an AR-15 day! What do you think?:D

I think these are very nice but my favorite part is the easy break down and cleanings. Mind you the 1 area i HATE AND IS A BI*CH to clean is the inside chamber where the locking lugs meet!!! These fat fingers just don't get in there so well!:p

Yep that is not a "oem" Colt upper/brake. If it were you would know the legalities of the whole thing by now.:evil I know of a lot of places to get the extras to personalize your weapon.

Like i said---These are very nice weapons!

Congrats!

RickC1957
02-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Labdog
Very Nice MOTO!!:thumbsup I think we should all have an AR-15 day! What do you think?:D

I think these are very nice but my favorite part is the easy break down and cleanings. Mind you the 1 area i HATE AND IS A BI*CH to clean is the inside chamber where the locking lugs meet!!! These fat fingers just don't get in there so well!:p

Yep that is not a "oem" Colt upper/brake. If it were you would know the legalities of the whole thing by now.:evil I know of a lot of places to get the extras to personalize your weapon.

Like i said---These are very nice weapons!

Congrats!

Damn, a great idea Kelly an AR-15 day!! I want to shoot mine, and have some pointers on how the thing actually functions.

Rick

Labdog
02-21-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm up for it! The only thing i must insist on is overly tight shirts to expose the beer gut and without a doubt you MUST have on camo pants! :evil

I like the idea and it seems we have a few AR-15 online here. or lets make it a full semi- auto weapons day!:thumbsup

RickC1957
02-21-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm up for it! The only thing i must insist on is overly tight shirts to expose the beer gut and without a doubt you MUST have on camo pants! :evil

I like the idea and it seems we have a few AR-15 online here. or lets make it a full semi- auto weapons day!:thumbsup

Damn Kelly, I would have to drink beer again, my beer baby, is almost gone:D Is there somewhere we could rent a full auto AR15, I would love to try that.

Labdog
02-21-2004, 07:15 AM
No No and No! That would be illegal! the most you can do is semi. i'll PM you in regards to that.:thumbsup

HDTony
02-21-2004, 11:17 AM
No No and No! That would be illegal! the most you can do is semi. i'll PM you in regards to that.:thumbsup

You can rent them in Vegas :D :D

YZFRob
02-21-2004, 04:29 PM

$200 ATF tax stamp and you can have one up here.:D:D

Ofc. Ponch
02-21-2004, 05:07 PM
$200 tax stamp + $8000 for the gun = $8200
30 round magazine + 30 rounds at .16each = $4.80
Cyclic rate of 900 RPM + 1708 30 round magazines full = you can shoot the cost of the gun in 56 minutes.

WOW I'z be good atz maff