: Serious

MrBusa
03-08-2004, 12:46 AM
Saw this at the Busa forum...

LINK (http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00120.wmv)

Nickyfan
03-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Now that's what I call Home Protection. :thumbsup I want it:thumbsup

Ofc. Ponch
03-08-2004, 12:54 AM
One of the many firearms your local authorities (and federal) will not let you have.

Sweet, but what if your hidding behind something? Lets see him pull that shit with slugs in it!!!!

Nickyfan
03-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Well that's not good news:laughing

Ofc. Ponch
03-08-2004, 12:57 AM
The fact that you cant have it?

Nickyfan
03-08-2004, 01:05 AM
yup:mad

Nickyfan
03-08-2004, 01:41 AM
was it just me or did the last clip he fired off sound weird?:confused

HDTony
03-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Something in that last clip did look a little different, almost like one shell blew out the side to much.

Hey ponch why is that one iilegal, technically all it is is a semi auto shotgun, they didnt pass that law making pistol grips illegal.

CHeYeNNe
03-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Now that would definetly fuck someone or something up :evil

Brian
03-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by GsxrTony
Something in that last clip did look a little different, almost like one shell blew out the side to much.

Hey ponch why is that one iilegal, technically all it is is a semi auto shotgun, they didnt pass that law making pistol grips illegal.

It looked like 00 Buck shot in the last mag ....

and that looked automatic to me .... semi auto would be ok I think. Maybre there is a limit to the amount of ammo that you are allowed to have on board?

HDTony
03-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Ahhhh yes if it was full auto than I understand, I thought it was semi.

Vcook
03-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ofc.Ponch
One of the many firearms your local authorities (and federal) will not let you have.

what would you need it for?

Ofc. Ponch
03-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Couple of things, that last magazine had a diffrent load with slower burning powder thats why it seemed to flare out when the shell was being ejected.

This shotgun is a select fire (semi-full) and was created after 1986 which would exclude it from civilian sales due to the 1986 machine gun ban.

Next up is the 1994 AWB (assault weapon ban).

Which says

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of -
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii)a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

Is an assault rifle.

Since this shotgun was designed after the ban and includes 2 of the above(cant tell if it's a folder, if it is thats 3). Than it's an assault weapon only for Military and goverment agencies. Even if it is only semi, which it's not.

Now lets look at the magazines, again because of the 1994 AWB. No magazine can be created for civilian use that has a capacity greater than 10 rounds. I counted a lot more than 10, so the magazines are illegal to own by civilians themselves.

As far as why to own one. It's a killing device, PERIOD.

These types of shotguns were modeled after the street sweeper series created in South Africa in the late 1970's for CROWD CONTROL.
CROWD = hundreds of protestors
CONTROL = KIll them

Look at the time and place of the birth of this shotgun, it's purpose built to lay down massive amounts of lead, have a large capacity and be used in close quarters(meaning short barrels, to be civilian legal it would need one 18". These usualy come with barrels under14"). Uprising mob of hundreds trying to rebel, no problem. 3 or 4 soldiers armed with these types of weapons could disperse a crowed of 100's in minutes.
PURPOSE BUILT, and it got the job done.

history lesson over

Now let's call a spade a spade. This shotgun has no sporting purpose. It is what it is.

But I don't believe they should be illegal either.

Hope this answers some questions

HDTony
03-08-2004, 11:06 AM
That answers all my questions.

Now which ban is it that is coming up for experation in september?

Ofc. Ponch
03-08-2004, 11:13 AM
AWB September 13.

Bush has said if it hits his desk he will sign it and it will become law forever!
But he's not going to push the issue. The demorats will have to get it there.

If this ban sunsets then high capacity magazines would be legal again, bayonet lugs, threaded barrels, flash hiders, folding stocks...etc.

But don't confuse this with the Importation ban of 1989. You still will not be able to buy any HK rifles, Sig Rifles ETC... totaly diffrent law. You can thank GEORGE BUSH SR. for that one.

HDTony
03-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Ofc.Ponch
AWB September 13.

Bush has said if it hits his desk he will sign it and it will become law forever!

The senate leaders have said they have no intention of letting it be renewed. Which is a step in the right direction.

Ofc. Ponch
03-08-2004, 11:24 AM
We'll see in a few months. If it sunsets I know a few collectors who will lose their asses. Vice versa if it is made law, prices will sky rocket!!!! That is if they still include the grandfather clause.

But these are federal laws, we will always have to fight the good fight at the local level!!!

HDTony
03-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Yup, one battle at a time. If we can get some Repubs back i the state offices this time maybe we can get this state moving somewhat in the right direction. Right now we are moving twords nazi germany.

Ducman
03-08-2004, 11:40 AM
The dems tried to tie the AWB to the Firearm manuf. lawsuit ban.
The GOP killed their own bill to prevent the attached AWB to go thru at tune of 90-8.
So it looks good that the AWB will sunset, but anything can happen. And state laws will not be affected either way