: New to me toy

Meulen
03-28-2004, 09:21 PM
I was out to dinner with my Grandpa today (not the one from MI who hunts all the time) and got to talking about guns. Turns out he had an old Sears 12ga in his cloeset he hasn't used in years. Long story short, when he found out how into guns I was he thought I'd like to have it since he didn't have use for it anymore.

I'm still going to get that stoeger cause I loved shootn' that thing so much, but I guess I won't be in too much of a hurry now.:D

here she is....my new toy:D

Odysseys
03-28-2004, 09:22 PM
cool was this the one you were hoping to get at some point?

also too that shotgun doesnt look like its gonna fit in the case, unless its the picture playing tricks on me.

Meulen
03-28-2004, 09:22 PM
BTW Galayans (sp?) has those cases on sale for $8 a piece!!!!

I picked up two of them along with a bunch of new cleaning supplies I needed. Couldn't beat that price for a decent case to toss around.:thumbsup

Meulen
03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Odysseys

also too that shotgun doesnt look like its gonna fit in the case, unless its the picture playing tricks on me.

No....actually I got that one too. My other grandpa gave it to me. So I got two 12ga's now. One is a single shot break away though.

The gun barely fits in the case at the right angle. I saw an alluminum case up at Galayans I think I'm going to pick up when I see it go on sale. It's a little longer and will probably fit these long shot guns a little better.;)

HDTony
03-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Very cool. Ya I want to find a nice case for my Remington. I've got one for the shot gun and the 17, but for the 30-06 I think I want one where I can cut the blocks out and make it all fitted and shit.

MIGHTIER
03-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Does Toy = Gun in motorcycle lingo? :laughing

Hooligan
03-28-2004, 10:55 PM
IS that a JC Higgins pump? I have an old JC Higgins semi.... Sears sold them.

Meulen
03-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by HooliganZX6
IS that a JC Higgins pump? I have an old JC Higgins semi.... Sears sold them.

It's actually a Sears brand. JC Higgins may have made them. I don't know too much about it yet, I have to consult my friend. All I know is it's old.:D

Odysseys
03-29-2004, 09:31 AM
"yep grammer check"
i think we need grammer aswell tony, look at the title of this thread...lol

2weelpilot
03-29-2004, 09:34 AM
is that a smooth bore Brian? No choke tubes?

Meulen
03-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by 2weelpilot
is that a smooth bore Brian? No choke tubes?

yes....it's a smooth bore. It says 12ga-full on the barrel so I'm assuming the choke is formed with the barrel itself. I'm not sure what that means as far as shot pattern but.:confused

Anyhow, Luis' got a book to identify who made it. He thinks maybe Winchester or Remington. I cleaned and oiled it up last night. Grandpa said something about it being a Ted Williams edition but I don't see any thing that would suggest that. I don't think it's worth to much so if that's the case I may clean the action and barrel up REALLY good and then throw a synthetic stock on providing its a decent barrel.

I dunno yet...I seem to shoot better with older guns for some reason anyway. I may like it. Or maybe since there is no adjustabe choke set it up like a tactical gun.

Lots of decisions.:D

Meulen
03-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Odysseys

:laughing :laughing There's no gramatical or logical errors in the title of this thread being it's not meant to be a complete sentence.:D

It's a New toy to me. Not meaning it's new, just new to me. BTW I wasn't talking about you in particular in the other thread;) Infact, spelling errors are easy to read over. Its the gramatical errors that can get trick.

:laughing :laughing ...back to our regularly scheduled program.:D