: GUN ALERT: Resolution to Ban Your Guns Moves Forward

tWisTEd
05-12-2004, 09:27 PM
:mad

YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED - STOP DALEY FROM RAIDING YOUR GUN CABINET

Gun grabbers in the Illinois House today moved a resolution that
would result in most of your guns being banned and confiscated.

HR 656, sponsored by rabid antigunner Rep. Julie Hamos
(D-Evanston), directs the U.S. Congress to "extend and
strengthen" the so-called "assault weapons" ban.

If Hamos and her friends get their way, then the list of banned
guns would grow considerably to include a BAN ON ANY GUN MODEL, OR STYLE EVER
PURCHASED BY ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

That would mean:

* All Colt revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All S&W revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All Ruger revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All Colt 1911 style pistols would be banned and confiscated.

* All Glock, S&W, Sig, H&K pistols would be banned and confiscated.

* All Trapdoor Springfields, Krags, M1903 Springfields, M1
Garands would be banned and confiscated.

Get the picture?

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS:

1. Call the following Representatives Wednesday and Thursday of
this week and POLITELY inform them that you are opposed to HR
656 and POLITELY request that they VOTE AGAINST HR 656 if it
comes up for a vote before their committee.

a. Rep. William Delgado (217) 782-0480

b. Rep. Patricia Bailey (217) 782-5971

c. Rep. Richard Bradley (217) 782-8117

d. Rep. Annazette Collins (217) 782-8077

e. Rep. Careen Gordon (217) 782-5997

f. Rep. Constance Howard (217) 782-6476

g. Rep. Lovana Jones (217) 782-2023

h. Rep. Pat Lindner (217) 782-1486

i. Rep. Eileen Lyons (217) 782-0494

j. Rep. John Millner (217) 558-1037

k. Rep. Chapin Rose (217) 558-1006

l. Rep. Jim Sacia (217) 782-8186

m. Rep. Ron Wait (217) 782-0548

2. PLEASE FORWARD THIS ALERT ON TO ALL YOUR GUN OWNING FRIENDS AND HAVE THEM CALL TOO.

3. PLEASE POST THIS ALERT TO ANY AND ALL INTERNET BULLETIN
BOARDS TO WHICH YOU MAY BELONG.

Please act today - the future of the 2nd Amendment is up to you!

Gun Control is a Disease - You are the Cure

Odysseys
05-12-2004, 09:33 PM
i stuck this thread

thanks for the info, sometimes i wonder if i should just move to florida.

but dam right i will call and voice my choice.

Jimbo
05-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Let me get this stright; so the bad guys will have guns because they get them illigal anyways, and the honest, hard working person won't have a gun??? :bs I'm calling. Do we have to call the Representatives in our area, or just the ones on this list. Also is there something on-line to vote about this???

BusaDave
05-12-2004, 10:51 PM
You should ALWAYS contact your representative with issues of concern. Others who are on committees or cosponsor these BS bills should be contacted as well.

R1_Pilot
05-12-2004, 11:48 PM
do we really need to call? all those numbers are central IL, I highly doubt that a central IL person would be for giving up their guns....?

I will make my calls anyways, thank you for the info, and ill pass it on...

Downforce137
05-13-2004, 01:12 AM
I think these are prolly the reps that are on the fence. I've sent many letters to my rep, Jesse Jackson JR, but I'm sure he probably did not change his position. Most letters sent were from another Bill that would allow NATO and the UN to put taxes on ammo that is sold in the US.

www.infowars.com

Volkl42
05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Just a little update on this:

BLAGOJEVICH TAPS SCHUMER'S GUN CONTROL ACE FOR LAST MINUTE PUSH FOR SEMI-AUTO BAN

This will be a critical week for Illinois hunters, sportsmen, and other law-abiding firearm owners.

With the current legislative session winding down towards a late May adjournment, Blagojevich, Daley, and their gun grabbing pals are frantically trying to get a ban on semiautomatic firearms through the General Assembly.

In the past, the semiautomatic ban has been dead meat from the get-go. But now, Blagojevich and his pals are pulling out all stops in a last ditch effort to take your guns away from you.

Bradley Tusk, a top aide to NY Senator and rabid gun grabber Charles Schumer, has been called in to draft and shepherd a semiautomatic firearm ban. Tusk will be ramrodding his proposal this week in the legislature.

To the gun-grabbers, getting a semiautomatic firearm ban in Illinois is a top priority. By doing so, they'd create a "California" or "Massachusetts" smack dab in the middle of the country. It's very important that you begin calling your state representative and senator this week and tell them "NO" to any gun bans.

Schumer once said it was his intention to, "...hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy!" Well, folks, Schumer has placed that hammer in Bradley Tusk's hand, and sent him to Illinois to hammer the daylights out of your rights.

Are you ready to bow down in subservience to a guy like Schumer?

DURBIN SIGNS ON AS CO-SPONSOR OF BILL TO BAN MOST GUNS

Senator Durbin recently signed on as a co-sponsor of S.1431. This bill is the Senate version of the "McCarthy Bill."

If passed, this bill would ban any and all firearm models, or models sharing design features of any firearm ever purchased by a law-enforcement agency or other governmental agency.

In essence, passage of the bill would mean that...

* All Colt revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All S&W revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All Ruger revolvers would be banned and confiscated.

* All Colt 1911 style pistols would be banned and confiscated.

* All Glock, S&W, Sig, H&K pistols would be banned and confiscated.

* All Trapdoor Springfields, Krags, M1903 Springfields, M1 Garands would be banned and confiscated.

aptyp
05-17-2004, 10:53 PM
well then, I'm making calls tomorrow. thanks for the heads up

Nickyfan
10-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Anyone know what happened with this? I know that the assult weapons ban has been lifted, but is there still an immediate alert to stop these gun grabbers or what? Ladydemona and I just purchased a couple of handguns ( a Ruger 9mm P95DC for her, and a 9mm Beretta for me), so this concerns us now as well. Wish I woulda had the foresight to call earlier :bangin But is it too late to call now?

captaincapsize
10-28-2004, 09:47 AM
I knew this would happen! Those criminal libral gun grabbing commie pinko bastards!

If they come to my house someones going to get shot!!!!!

they even want your semi auto's. I am new to IL and had to register for a FOID card. I have never heard of this in my life! I am from WI and they only require a drivers liecence to purcase a gun. They do a back ground check right there in the store it takes 10 minutes and you walk out with a long gun. This state is wacked!

tWisTEd
10-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Anyone know what happened with this? I know that the assult weapons ban has been lifted, but is there still an immediate alert to stop these gun grabbers or what? Ladydemona and I just purchased a couple of handguns ( a Ruger 9mm P95DC for her, and a 9mm Beretta for me), so this concerns us now as well. Wish I woulda had the foresight to call earlier :bangin But is it too late to call now?

Still many big issues and never too late to make calls. Even with the assult ban lifted, Lisa Madigan is trying to get an Illinois ban on "evil" weapons. Any help or support is greatly needed.

Stay informed! PLEASE log on to The Illinois State Rifle Association (http://www.isra.org/) join (it's only $25) and sign up for their alerts.

If you enjoy any of the shooting sports this is a very worth while step.

Meulen
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Guys....don't get too excited about this. A lot of this stuff is noise. By all means stay informed and be proactive but realize sometimes things get brought to the table that WILL NEVER PASS. Whenever, they throw around confiscate they have to consider the need for a constitutional ammendment. It's not that simple.

tWisTEd
10-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Guys....don't get too excited about this. A lot of this stuff is noise. By all means stay informed and be proactive but realize sometimes things get brought to the table that WILL NEVER PASS. Whenever, they throw around confiscate they have to consider the need for a constitutional ammendment. It's not that simple.

OK Crazy and the rest of my gun loving, hunting friends. . . Yes, a lot/some of this is noise. Unfortunately our laid back attitude thinking "sometimes things get brought to the table that WILL NEVER PASS" is why we just got over a ten year 'Assault Weapons Ban'!

Here in Illinois we have many anti-gun enemies. Between Blagojevich, (John Kerry), Obama (Not a terrible guy, but still anti-gun) and Madigan we have many things going against us. Hunting for deer or geese, enjoying a 9mm at the range or in competition, owning an AR15 for hunting and home defense or simply being a collector, all our rights granted by the 2nd ammendment --> "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." are in danger of being taken away almost daily. DO NOT have a lax attitude when it comes to this subject.

The most infamous quote attributed to Adolf Hitler reads as follows:
"1935 will go down in History! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future!"

Don't just listen to my opinion (or Crazy's :laughing ) - educate yourself! Do some of your own research and remember to be involved. Nothing makes me angrier than pissed off people who aren't familiar with the issues or made any attempt to make a difference. Angry? If you do nothing, you can only be angry at yourself.

Meulen
10-29-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm not saying to let this go in one ear and out another. ;) All I'm saying is you got to realize which ones are real and which ones are bs. If you follow all the bs you'll end up sitting in your bomb shelter with an ak-47 and a can of pork and beans rocking back and forth chanting "the Russians are coming....the Russians are coming. :2rockin

HDTony
10-29-2004, 08:33 AM
you'll end up sitting in your bomb shelter with an ak-47 and a can of pork and beans rocking back and forth chanting "the Russians are coming....the Russians are coming. :2rockin
Stop using me as an example. :laughing

Meulen
10-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Stop using me as an example. :laughing

ROTFLMAO :laughing :laughing :laughing

OldSkoolMC
10-29-2004, 08:44 AM
I'd like to know where this info came from. www.nra.org has no mention of this and I find it very hard to believe that pistols would be rounded into any type of "assult rifle ban". Sounds like a hoax.

By the way, isn't there already a "Gun ban in chicago?" I thought that was passed a long time ago. ???

HDTony
10-29-2004, 09:11 AM
I'd like to know where this info came from. www.nra.org has no mention of this and I find it very hard to believe that pistols would be rounded into any type of "assult rifle ban". Sounds like a hoax.

By the way, isn't there already a "Gun ban in chicago?" I thought that was passed a long time ago. ???
Guns are legal in Chicago if you have them registered. BUT since they couldnt make them illegal, they just stopped doing registrations.

Meulen
10-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Guns are legal in Chicago if you have them registered. BUT since they couldnt make them illegal, they just stopped doing registrations.

I guess I'll chime in since I lived there. Handguns are banned in Chicago. You can transport through if they are in pieces. I question how enforceable this is though since I know tons of people breaking the law and see a look the other way attitude. Rifles must be registered at $35 a pop last I checked. A polaroid and a form has to be filled out for each.

captaincapsize
10-29-2004, 12:18 PM
What sucks about that is it is unconstitutional. It should be nobodys buisness if you own a gun or not. It is proven that crime is lower when criminals don't know who is armed.

HDTony
10-29-2004, 01:41 PM
What sucks about that is it is unconstitutional. It should be nobodys buisness if you own a gun or not. It is proven that crime is lower when criminals don't know who is armed.
Hence everything else in the Kingdom of Daley that presides over the land of Chicago.