: Blackhawk Farms report.

YZFRob
09-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Well INTERESTING weekend at Blackhawk.

Sat. Relatively mild during practice. Bike was doing weird things in 4 for some odd reason. Tire sliding a bit and wobbly in feeling. Got out of the leathers since my race was teh last one of the day. Races went well until the amateur GTU class went out. A racer forgot to tighten his oil filter and clamp and sprayed oil in 3a (bus stop area) about 25' long and 6' wide at spots. He went down and a smoke cloud developed so thick you were riding blind through it. A few bikes went down. They red flagged and called the race. The cleaned the track, so they thought. The next race a guy binned it on teh hot lap which we (I was in the turn 4 stand talking with a worker since I wasnt working this weekend) and we assumed he over did it. Well lap 3 a guy went down in the same place and lap 5 another went down. Red flagged it again. This time the race director was in 3a during the whole incedents. So we had an inpromtu riders meeting where they coned the corner off and made it a no passing zone for the rest of the day. The very next race some dufus rode through the center of the track (where the oil problem was) and dumped his bike in the center of the track. Well the one cornerworker with the radio basically FUBARED this since he didnt asked for the race to be stopped for the bike until teh guys in 4 apparently called for a race stoppage (directors radio died). Race was stopped and then we had another riders meeting after it where they decided to call teh races for the day and finish them the next day (only 4 left). We had 35 people out at the corner with brooms, 55gal drums of water and simple green scrubbing the track for an hour and a half. Worked good.

Sun. Nervous going through 3a the first few laps of practice, but held nicely. 1 practice session today due to adding yesterdays races to today. The 4 remaining races were cut down to 6 laps (instead of 8). Got a 9th in heavyweight sportsman. In teh heavyweight supersport (running it only to race Kimmy:D) I caught Kim right after turn 1 on teh start and tried to pass her in the carousel, but she turned in and I had to back off a bit so we would crash (which would had been an amusing post here if we did.:evil). I kept her other wise in my sights until I clipped the curbing inside of turn 4. Felt like the bike jumped sideways 1ft . Kinda messed the next few corners up a bit for me until I got back in it. Finished 29th since I was tired and basically hot. No real crashes until the last race. A guy dove under a guy in 4, clipped him causing the guy to stand teh bike up and he went full bore into the tire wall. They med-flighted him out. He was concious and talking but they felt he should still go for precautionary reasons.

Kim was doing good out there UNTIL the last race. Dropped it again. NO WAY she can blame me this time, I was NOT IN THAT CORNER!!:rofl

As for Dano, can we say FLYING?:laughing :laughing

Loudes, make a post-it note to bring your boots next year.:jester

Champ, Loopie, cant place the name on the R6 in the SBN shirt and gualopoke (or however you spell it.:twofinger ) showed up to watch.:D

BTW whatever they say about this weekend is a LIE!!!!:jester

gulpacoke
09-08-2002, 10:23 PM
ommpa ommpa doopity doo... I wanna be an ommpa like you.....

tip toe thru the tulips with ommpa doo....

Scrub a dub.....

KBOlsen
09-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Oompah, oompah, oompah... you're soo funny! Are you sure you weren't doing a rendition of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" around Turn 4?

The oil got dumped about 20 minutes into the GTO - I had to go off-roading in the bus stop to avoid the bikes and bodies on the track (he was about 3 bikes ahead of me at the time). Was like riding into a cloud... the guy in front of me disappeared into this fog... I could barely see anything until I saw two bikes spinning around on their sides on the track along with their riders. Scary. Slowing down after exiting the carousel and desperately for clear asphalt, I opted to take the grass and got thru.

Rob, you handled those water barrels quite nicely. By the time we were done cleaning, you could eat off of 3A.

I appreciate your backing down in the carousel on the first lap, but you finished the race 28 seconds behind me. By the third lap you had dropped 12 seconds.
My times for "our" race...

1:38
1:38
1:36
1:32
1:31
1:32
1:31
1:30

Things just got more and more comfy as the day went on... although I did go wide exiting Turn 6 on 3 different occasions - rode off the track into the dirt/grass but managed to save her each time, up until the last race of the day, SuperTwins (guess that's what I get for making fun of the name - it sounds like some kind of anime cartoon to me). Went w i d e thru 6 on the second lap... tried to save it but wound up lowsiding and ending up on the track entrance road. Bike checked out okay (broke the rear brake pedal) and I could have resumed the race but decided to call it a day. Was really bummed because there was a guy on a '98 TLR racing with us who had just gotten his license the day before and I was looking forward to racing with him. And I'm not saying anything other than the fact that I saw an Ooompa Loompa casting spells on the bridge on the warm-up lap.

All in all, it was an awesome day. An awesome weekend... hell, an awesome four days! Thursday and Friday I spent getting 'back to basics'... didn't really feel comfortable until after the Saturday practice and was kind of disappointed the GTO was cut short cuz' things were finally starting to "come together" again.

Jim Ptak was RAILING until he crashed in practice... and DanO is a freakin' ROAD RACING MANIAC! I think he ran 8 races on Sunday and all were Top 5!

It was soo cool that you guys all came out... thanks for your help and moral support.

Champ91
09-08-2002, 11:01 PM
No problem Kim. Was a blast to see everyone run. Different not getting out on the track to scrap it up with you though.:twofinger

Rob we were wondering if Kim was gona lap you earlier in the day. In sight my rear. :D

I heard stories about Oompa Loompa's running around in the tulips. :D

O and we have a new Icy Cold Stunta in our midsts (sp) Hey Ody Michael says he wants to be in the video now.;)

Found out the R6 likes to leak battery juice and sprays fuel well. Had to get Ernies Wrecker service involved.

All in all had a great day. Now get ready Kimmy, 2 weeks and we get to play. :D

Jack
09-08-2002, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear you went down Kim. You looked awesome on Thursday!!!

Champ91
09-08-2002, 11:25 PM
hot damn atta Girl

Sweet Pic Jack

KBOlsen
09-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Great pic, but why do I always look cross-eyed?:laughing
You were missed by darn near everyone, Jack... did you hear about Casper's kidnapped ghost? The alleged perpetrator had his bike "gift wrapped" by a certain race team on Saturday night, that bike could have been shipped anywhere in the world with the amount of shrink wrap, etc. on it!

YZFRob
09-09-2002, 07:36 AM
Champ, if I could see that yellow helmet, she was in sight.:twofinger :twofinger (cant miss it ANYWHERES!!:laughing )

Kim you forgot the tassles that was put on the VTR250.:jester :jester :jester :jester

Lupi
09-09-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by YZFRob
Champ, if I could see that yellow helmet, she was in sight.:twofinger :twofinger (cant miss it ANYWHERES!!:laughing )

Kim you forgot the tassles that was put on the VTR250.:jester :jester :jester :jester

Yeah, but her going through the bus stop while you are entering the carousel is hardly, "In sight!":evil

Lupi
09-09-2002, 08:37 AM
Jack,
That is an awsome pic!!!!

Kim,
When ya gettin that knee down? You're almost there!
Ciao,
Lupi

Jack
09-09-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Lupi
Kim,
When ya gettin that knee down? You're almost there!
Ciao,
Lupi

She's had it down plenty, it's just the damn photo guy can't get a picture of it. :)

Lupi
09-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jack

She's had it down plenty, it's just the damn photo guy can't get a picture of it. :)

:rofl :cheers :rofl

I forgot to look at her pucks yesterday!! All I know, is my track playmate is going to be hard to keep up with now!!!!!!

Ciao,
Lupi

KBOlsen
09-09-2002, 10:35 AM
I'm proud to say that I've dragged knee in turns 1, 3, 3a, 6, 6a and 7! It sucks when I drag knee, butt and bike through 6 tho.

Now I just have to work on those left-handers!!!:helmet

Jim - how's your toe???

Rob... you know it's all good fun. Get yer other bike out next year and we can REALLY have at it!:helmet

Grover
09-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Glad to see everybody had fun. Rob called me on Saturday night but I was up in Milwaukee for the weekend and couldn't make it.

Two more weeks until track day!

Chris

OmniGLH
09-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by KBOlsen
I'm proud to say that I've dragged knee in turns 1, 3, 3a, 6, 6a and 7! It sucks when I drag knee, butt and bike through 6 tho.

Jim - how's your toe???

Toe is doing ok. It was pretty swollen last night.. I guess it probably wasn't a good idea to be walking around on it all weekend ;) I plan to keep it iced and elevated most of the day today. It's not as painful as I thought it would be - so long as I don't attempt to bend it!

Sorry to hear about the crash! I didn't even know it happened! At least you didn't break anything important (who needs a rear brake pedal anyways??)

Earlier in the day Thursday, I was trying to follow Rosno's advice of keeping the outside foot's instep on the peg (instead of toes)... well I hang off a lot, realized that the hard way. I NEED my toes on the peg - it's the only way I can reach it... so I come blasting down into turn 1, get my instep on the peg, tip the bike in, and realize that my outside foot isn't on ANYTHING... and I managed to fall off the bike, mid-corner. Dragged knee, foot, and hip through that one! Fortunately I clenched down hard enough with my thighs that when I got back on the throttle, the bike straightened up, and pulled me up with it. Whew!

loudes13
09-09-2002, 12:38 PM
It appears the competition got much faster since my last race. I feel confident that I was riding fairly quickly. I would guess that I was averaging 1:20’s in my races, but I felt downright rusty when I watched the front runners motor away. Congrat’s to DanO. You rode very cleanly, and were definitely on.

On a sucky note, I have yet another vehicle to wrench on. My pick’em up truck petered out 4 miles from home. I think the fuel pump took a dumper. I had to call AAA to get a tow home. So, Jim we have to work out how you’ll get your trailer back.

1 Van, which won’t start
1 Truck, which won’t run
maybe I should combine the 2…

Jim
09-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Ummm where is my trailer??????????? could have called me i would have come and got it/you. i hope the trailer is at your house, i can come and get it tonite.:confused

loudes13
09-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Ya, it was sweet! My truck on the flatbed, and the wrecker towing the trailer. Last night after waiting about 2 hours for the tow, and the countless misquito bites, I didn't feel like doing anything but taking a shower and going to bed! Call me if you want to pick it up. Otherwise I'll borrow a truck or something.

btw I pulled a Jeff, and hit my head on the door. I've got a big ole bump on my head!

YZFRob
09-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by KBOlsen

Rob... you know it's all good fun. Get yer other bike out next year and we can REALLY have at it!:helmet

Well when I get it built. Just have to find a rolling 89-92 TZ250 chassis and a CR500 motor.:D:D