: Track insurance?

Ernie
09-23-2002, 04:43 PM
in light of some of the recent booboos this weekend, is there any company out there that provides insurance for track bikes? or do all of you with track bikes just by beater bikes and if it gets tossed down you just suck it up and start shopping on ebay for replacement parts or a new bike altogether?

lovebothkats
09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine any company offering such a thing for a price that would make it worthwhile.

Basically fixing broken parts is part of the track. Wadding a bike is a risk you take hoping it doesn't happen but if it does you are typically stuck eating it.

My suggestion would be don't run a bike at the track you aren't ok with losing completely. But that's just me, maybe someone else with more expereince can answer this better.

Why Ernie? You hooked now but don't want to risk wadding the Gixxer? :D

Meulen
09-23-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by lovebothkats
I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine any company offering such a thing for a price that would make it worthwhile.

Basically fixing broken parts is part of the track. Wadding a bike is a risk you take hoping it doesn't happen but if it does you are typically stuck eating it.

My suggestion would be don't run a bike at the track you aren't ok with losing completely. But that's just me, maybe someone else with more expereince can answer this better.

Why Ernie? You hooked now but don't want to risk wadding the Gixxer? :D

Earnie doesn't have a problem wadding the gixxer on the track. It's the crawling slow speeds and loading and unloading he's got problems with:D :laughing :laughing :laughing

KBOlsen
09-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Depending on your insurance company and your agent, if you were to have an accident at a TRACK DAY you MIGHT be able to file a claim (I say might, because if they want an accident report you're basically f*cked).

Dave's right... buy a track bike.

Lupi
09-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Well, if you take your street bike on the track and wad it up enough that you don't need medical care. Just tell the insurance co. it was out on the back roads. Once you mention, "Track" watch how fast you get denied a claim. Even if it was a school.

That's the way I've heard it told!

Ciao,
Lupi

loudes13
09-23-2002, 06:00 PM
Dude it's money!

Anyways the bike is the cheap part, it's the helicpter ride that costs the big bucks.

The driving school (for cars) I hosted last month, claimed to 300zx's. Both owners were fully covered by their respective ins companies. I even had to talk to an agent. They knew it was a race track, but we weren't timing or 'racing'.

KBOlsen
09-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Exactly. If you don't use the "R" word, you still have a chance.

Odysseys
09-23-2002, 08:47 PM
ill provide ANYONE for there bikes while racing with KENs track racing horror school of riding LLC.

for a easy 7000.00 a month in insurance for your bike..i will provide you with a policy limit of 5000.00 total....which doesnt include a 250.00 dollar deductable.

if anyone wants me to cover them just let me know;)

Champ91
09-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Where do I sign up Ody thats a steal.:evil

bluebusa60544
09-24-2002, 12:58 AM
Wadding my bike and being SOL is exactly what is keeping me from track days. I just assumed I wouldn't be covered. I need to call tomorrow. If I'm covered I'm in. Otherwise I'm buying a track bike I can afford to lose this winter. I had a blast at BHF. One of my two favorite things to do in leather.;)