Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

F4/F4i ???'s

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  cherrypicker 
#1 ·
Cherry and Kruz, I have 2 ?'s for ya'.

Since my F4 is pretty similar to yuze guyz F4i's:

How limited is your ground clearance on the track? On the F2 It had rear sets, and the pipe was tucked way up, but the body work still dragged some. What drags on your bikes???

Steering dampeners, do you guys have them? Any head shake probs???

#2 ·
You MUST get rid of the stock can and get at least a oval slip-on (low mount)

Otherwise at your pace, you should be okay as long as you get off the bike.

A steering dampner is nice to have, but I'f you not stupid wiht the throttle and keep you arms relaxed, you should be ine.

I'll let you ride my biek if you go to Putnam.

#5 ·
The rearsets, hi-pipe, and 208s give me plenty of clearance. On the stock setup I ground down my feelers....never had the lo-pipe on at the track. I've never scraped any plastic, and from what I read from the reviews, no one had problems with plastic or other body parts scraping. Rearsets were the biggest issue.

Even when I started to ride a little faster I was fine on the stock rearsets....I just hung off more. I got the new rearsets more for the feel and crash protection.

As far as headshake...it was minimal and only after the last turn heading down the straight WOT through 3rd and sometimes 4th gear. I have the Scott's on now and love it.

Jimbo...Kaws have worse clearance...but I'm sure you overlooked them because they really haven't been "in the 600 class" for years.

#6 ·
Kruz said:

Jimbo...Kaws have worse clearance...but I'm sure you overlooked them because they really haven't been "in the 600 class" for years.
i dont know where you are getting your biased:rolleyes information from, but every comparo test ive read in the last 2 years said the honda had the worst clearance, known to touch the pipe down along with rear set. as for kawi they said ground clearance was not an issue. but i could be wrong doubt it but i could.:twofinger

#7 ·
JimGoFast said:

unlike you i dont care how far im leaning, as long as im in front, and guess what kruz im always ahead of you!!! so chew on that for awhile, by the way kawi rules!!!!:twofinger :helmet :helmet :helmet :twofinger
You guys are killing me!

I might have to goto Putnam just for the benchracing and trashtalking on Sat night...

I'll bet JeffJ will be faster than both of you. LMAO

#11 ·
Allen, If you want, I made offset plates fpr Lupi's F4. They raise the stock pegs up and back 1 inch. Good idea until Lupi High sided the muffler so it interferres with the S-pipe. LMK they are just sittin in the garage.

#12 ·
Champ91 said:
Allen, If you want, I made offset plates fpr Lupi's F4. They raise the stock pegs up and back 1 inch. Good idea until Lupi High sided the muffler so it interferres with the S-pipe. LMK they are just sittin in the garage.
Now you're all set Allan. Get the spacers from Champ, I'll give you my Micron Slip-on, and you can either buy a Scott's or learn how to ride smooth and relaxed.

BTW - if you want to gear the bike down, I'll give you a Vortex 15T front sprocket that has only about 1000 miles on it. I'm getting a 520 conversion, so I don't need it anymore.

I'm going with a 47 wiht this conversion. That will put me +2 o na F4 and +1 from stock. Should be just about right for Putnam I think. Although I still doubt I'll need 6th gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.