: Top Ten Reasons Jeff Can't Pass John

Kruz
10-24-2002, 10:48 AM
10. Vastly inferior rider
9. Too busy trying to stuff someone to notice a silver flash blow past him.
8. Those heavy" Workstands" stickers are slowing him down
7. Missing clip-on bolts
6. His leathers are too tight...wait...that's Jim's excuse.
5. He can't ride fast unless he's following Jim
4. Can't pass if your bike is broken
3. Can't pass if you leave early
2. R6

and the #1 reason Jeff can't pass John is.....

He's trying to pass a Honda

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Jeff with a J
10-24-2002, 11:25 AM
Kruz, I think you are still slightly brain damaged from breathing my exhaust fumes!

DELIRIUM - di/lir/e/um

A mental disturbance marked by confusion.

Looks like BHF in April is the "showdown"
Anyone want to wager on Kruz...I'll cover all bets :D

Kruz
10-24-2002, 11:39 AM
There he is...hello Jeffy :D It's gonna be a long winter for you...:D

KBOlsen
10-24-2002, 11:40 AM
Wasn't that a song by Prince in the '80's?

"I get delirious... whenever you're near"

Jim
10-24-2002, 11:45 AM
1) while we where not looking jeff broke his own exhaust because he was scared of the insane speed we where pulling away from him.:twofinger :rofl :rofl

Kruz
10-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Yeh I saw him kicking his header in the staging area....:rofl

vtr996
10-24-2002, 11:49 AM
You guys crack me up!:rofl :rofl

You should really settle this in a real race though. Why put unwilling participants at risk? If you both register for the season opener CCS BHF round at the same time you'll be almost guaranteed nearly equal grid positions.... then when the green flag drops the bullshit stops. Loser pays winners race enty fee ???:evil :evil

KBOlsen
10-24-2002, 11:53 AM
That's right... both of yas do the Learning Curves school on Saturday, buy your licenses and put this whole thing to bed on Sunday!:helmet

Kruz
10-24-2002, 11:55 AM
WHy would I do that....I've already proven he can't pass me?

Plus I've already posted at least 3 lap times a full second better than his fastest.

I'm going to ride this one out until Spring. :D

IN FRONT!

Champ91
10-24-2002, 12:08 PM
yep gona be a Loooooooooooooooooong winter I can see it now.

Jim
10-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Kruz

Plus I've already posted at least 3 lap times a full second better than his fastest.

I'm going to ride this one out until Spring. :D :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
are you saying he never got into the 25's?:rofl :rofl :rofl
man thats slow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff with a J
10-24-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JimGoFast
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
are you saying he never got into the 25's?:rofl :rofl :rofl
man thats slow!!!!!!!!!!!!

For your info...

I ran a 125.09 on Saturday. Had I been given an opportunity on Sunday, I'd of ran 123.00 or better.

You guys can kiss my A$$! :laughing :laughing

Jim
10-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeff with a J

For your info...

I ran a 125.09 on Saturday. Had I been given an opportunity on Sunday, I'd of ran 123.00 or better.

You guys can kiss my A$$! :laughing :laughing

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I wish i would have seen that, but i dont have mirrors!!!!!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :twofinger

Kruz
10-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Man so close too.....gotta beat a 1:25:04 though....

123 or better:rolleyes .....guess we'll never know....
better luck next year
:D

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 05:22 PM
You know I sit up here and I read all this smack and I gotta say, John, your a friggin instigator :twofinger

Racing like this at a track day, you should all be ashamed, defiling street riding, and moving to the track is nobel, but now your defiling the track. John if you wanna race people and brag about it, get your licsense, and those of you that want to shut em up, go get your licsesnse and spank that little biatch!

I guess part of the problem is I'm not there so I don't know if you all actually talk smack like this to one another in public.

OK, I'll head back into my little MN corner now, bye bye.

Nick

Vcook
10-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Nick your just jealous cause we are all faster than you.

:laughing

well, maybe not me.

VIVID1
10-24-2002, 05:34 PM
I'll come and watch if you guys race for pink slips :cheers

Gosh, I think I have to cheer for John ... it's the whole Honda/F4i ... I think I'm obligated :D GO RED!!!!

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 05:36 PM
This may or may not be true Chris. But unlike you guys, I'm corfortable riding at my pace and not trying to make more out of it. Sure I'm no Kruz, but I have been to two track days and continue to plan for more. Sure I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but I have managed to to use all of my tires, and keep up with the pace of my local cornies.

Besides, you wanna talk about jelousy. Umm, yea, we have roads up here that are actually fun to ride, hell my dayly cammute is fun. And our local track which I can ride to in about 20 minutes is 1.4 miles and 16 turns, costs a whopping 70 bucks, and you usually run 120-150 miles a day. Boo Hoo It sucks up here! Perhaps if you could stand putting more then 100 miles on in a day you might be able to check some of it out. :twofinger

VIVID1
10-24-2002, 05:37 PM
:ot

Nick, please update your bike info...

<---------------- it still says HONDA :(

KBOlsen
10-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Rosemount? Is that right? I've heard about it... sounds fun.

Jim
10-24-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Nick 600 F3
You know I sit up here and I read all this smack and I gotta say, John, your a friggin instigator :twofinger

Racing like this at a track day, you should all be ashamed, defiling street riding, and moving to the track is nobel, but now your defiling the track. John if you wanna race people and brag about it, get your licsense, and those of you that want to shut em up, go get your licsesnse and spank that little biatch!

I guess part of the problem is I'm not there so I don't know if you all actually talk smack like this to one another in public.

OK, I'll head back into my little MN corner now, bye bye.

Nick

Yeah john is a smack talker, but thats all it is so you may relax now!!;)

Champ91
10-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Nick what you see here is just a bunch of :bs No one is racing anyone. We push each other a bit but thats it. Everyone I have dealt with has always been positive and try to help you be a better rider. So dont worry that we are pushin each other to race or ride over our heads thats not happening.

Jim
10-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Sure I'm no Kruz
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

kruz, passes jeff and now he's a supa star!!!!!! rotflmao!!!!!!!!!

Vcook
10-24-2002, 05:48 PM
.. Sure I'm no Kruz, but I have been to two track days and continue to plan for more. Sure I haven't gotten a knee down yet, but I have managed to to use all of my tires, and keep up with the pace of my local cornies. ...

you dont want to be a Kruz, Nick. That would be a step down. And I promise to make the next ride up to MN. ;)

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 05:52 PM
Oh no, I know you guys are BSing, glad your really not pushing each other too much. I remeber John talking smack about everything and anything before he bacme a track only snob. And I only used John as an example cause I have a good idea of where his skills are at cause he is always balbing about them.

Anna, do I have too, ohh alright, afterall I am porud to say I have owned a honda and now a kawi, and they are both damn nice bikes!

vtr996
10-24-2002, 06:00 PM
words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah words words blahh blahh words words blah.............

And our local track which I can ride to in about 20 minutes is 1.4 miles and 16 turns, costs a whopping 70 bucks, and you usually run 120-150 miles a day.

16 turns in 1.4mi????

You asked for it.....OK I'm THERE. CLSB's invades MN trackdays!!!!! Please book a solid week at said racetrack next season and let me know. Is it cool if I crash on your garage floor????:rofl

:- :laughing :laughing :cheers

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Kim, yes, rosemount is correct. The guy who organizes it is getting dates set up for next summer. If anyone is intrested you could make a fun weekend out of a saterday here and then a sunday up at BIR or RA or down at Mid America.

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by vtr996

16 turns in 1.4mi????

You asked for it.....OK I'm THERE. CLSB's invades MN trackdays!!!!! Please book a solid week at said racetrack next season and let me know. Is it cool if I crash on your garage floor????:rofl

:- :laughing :laughing :cheers

Actually the place is a total pice of shit!

No Mark it is cool, and the guys that look to have the most fun are the ones on the little bikes. I exagerated a bit, technically there is 16 turns but 4 of them are made up by two sets of flip flops. You now a real quick right left chicanne.

Hey, out of cureostiy, did you sell your supa chicken, or do you still have both, going racing next year for real?

vtr996
10-24-2002, 06:20 PM

Actually the place is a total pice of shit!

No Mark it is cool, and the guys that look to have the most fun are the ones on the little bikes. I exagerated a bit, technically there is 16 turns but 4 of them are made up by two sets of flip flops. You now a real quick right left chicanne.

Hey, out of cureostiy, did you sell your supa chicken, or do you still have both, going racing next year for real?

Sounds like a fun little track, how is the surface and runoff room?

Supachicken is officially gone now, babychicken will soon have a new garage mate though. The ministry of information will be releasing tech details at a later date:evil :evil :- :-

The plan for next year was originally to run the Michigan GranPrix series at Grattan. Now with rumors that MGP will be no more, I'll probably end up running CCS in the MW Sportsman class at Blackhawk and Grattan events(if CCS runs Grattan...another rumor floating around). :thumbsup :thumbsup

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Cool, so you sold the chicken knowing that you would eventually be getting something else for the street? Just tired of the chicken?

The run off room is good, for the speed of the track you don't need much, so with all the people I have seen go off, none have ever hit anything. The surface, for being maintined by a technical college (it was built for teaching cops driving techniques) is probably better then most tracks. Its got great grip, its always clean for the bikes, there are no braking ripples, however toward the end of this season they did put some tar strips down on some cracks in two of the turns, but good lines avoid them or cross them perpendiculerly. Hopefully they won't get carried away with the shit or they could ruin a good thing for the bikes.

Jeff with a J
10-24-2002, 06:38 PM
You guys are getting off the subject at hand, let me help guide you back....

KRUZ SUCKS!

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 06:42 PM

Jeff, get a new tire yet for the 9R?

Jim
10-24-2002, 06:45 PM
You guys are getting off the subject at hand, let me help guide you back....

KRUZ SUCKS!

im dying over here. this winter is going to be so long for you!!! its to bad the year had to end this way for you but man is this funny!!!:laughing :laughing

Jeff with a J
10-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Yep. Got one right after I got home.

It was a little nerve racking riding over 200 miles on the steel strip.

Hey Nick, I was in MN, on business Tues & Wed & stopped by Shiek's for a few beers.
:cheers :evil :cheers

Looking forward to seeing you MN guys again next year.

Take care.

vtr996
10-24-2002, 07:00 PM
Cool, so you sold the chicken knowing that you would eventually be getting something else for the street? Just tired of the chicken?

That sounds like a fun track! Post some info when you get some dates for next year!

Heres the full SH scoop in horse pill format.... I lowsided the superchicken @ grattan(in the rain) earlier this year with minor damages. Got it all fixed in time for the CLSB date at BHF and was plagued with electrical problems all day. The bike went to the dealer where it was found the battery was toast as was the voltage rectifier, $100+ later I picked the bike up and it was running great. Rode it all the way home and proceeded to lowside it(in the rain) not 60yards from my house. This time around the bike wasn't too fortunate as it sustained some significant damage (and I totalled a Shoei and pair of gloves). Basically after 90days of dicking around, State Farm gave me the option to fix it or total it. My 1st instint was to have them fix it(I love that bike!) but the $$$$ they came up with to total it was VERY big so it wasn't much of a decision....GONE.

The moral of this story.... Mark will NEVER ride in the rain again on anything but race rain tires.

:rolleyes :laughing

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Jeff, should have given neal or I a PM, we proabaly would have come out and BS'ed with ya.

Nick 600 F3
10-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Mark, I'll post the dates once there up.

Ahh the old rectifier on the super hawk story.

You know for Honda being so great and all, there not!

How about the all the CCT problems. At least the other groups own up and recall the shit, honda just keeps movin forward. Well atleast the 954 gots its new head bearings. Tank slapper liabilty means wrongful death suites, rectifier, cct, who cares!

vtr996
10-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Mark, I'll post the dates once there up.

Ahh the old rectifier on the super hawk story.

Your tellin me! Around the same time my brothers 900RR had the SAME problem (burned up rectifier).:rolleyes

That model rectifier is on over 14 honda models from 1993?-2000, everything from CBR's to VTR's to scooters to ATV's have the same crappy deal.

ON TOPIC----Ohhh yeah.... Kruz sucks...and so does Jeff!:twofinger :evil :evil

Odysseys
10-24-2002, 07:29 PM
:rofl ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE WANNA BE POSERS:twofinger :laughing

be like me...(quite) and then as i rail by your ass giving you the finger...:laughing ask phozed (steve) he knows allll about that 1;)

Jack
10-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Man, all this smack over one pass? Sheesh. :D

My last track day was at Grattan, my first time there. I had an F'n blast following this guy on an RC around one session. We were having a blast, I seemed faster in the tight stuff and he always got a good drive onto the straight. Anyway, I never passed him, had a blast behind him.

But that didn't stop me from running some of my best times after he pulled off. I ran a good 5 seconds faster by myself.

Anyway, one pass? Yeah, but I know, it's all good.... :)

VIVID1
10-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Boo Hoo It sucks up here! Gosh Nick... don't let the cat out of the bag... damn right it sucks up there, it sucks so bad that I'll ride 4-5 hours just to ride those damn nasty MN roads :D

cherrypicker
10-24-2002, 08:48 PM

Looks like BHF in April is the "showdown"
Anyone want to wager on Kruz...I'll cover all bets :D

This might be good. John really turned it up at the end of the day at Putam. I was getting worried about the poor guy after Gratton. But now he's knocking on everyones door.

O nhe other had... that R6 has a motor and once Jeff gets the set up right... he;ll be hauling. I never did help you sett eh sag or anyhing.... shit I couldn;t get my own set-up right.

Jim
10-24-2002, 09:10 PM

I'm going to ride this one out until Spring. :D

IN FRONT!

kruz your killing me:rofl :rofl :rofl

Jim
10-24-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by cherrypicker

This might be good. John really turned it up at the end of the day at Putam. I was getting worried about the poor guy after Gratton. But now he's knocking on everyones door.

O nhe other had... that R6 has a motor and once Jeff gets the set up right... he;ll be hauling. I never did help you sett eh sag or anyhing.... shit I couldn;t get my own set-up right.

i agree, if kruz can remember what he did at putnam and apply it everywhere else he will give jeff fits. also jeff doesnt have me out there helping him with his pace so will jeff be able to maintain his current pace???
all i know is you,allen and i have some very cheap seats to some exciting stuff to come!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Jack
10-24-2002, 09:16 PM
all i know is you,allen and i have some very cheap seats to some exciting stuff to come!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Whad-ya mean, team-stuff'n president? I'm sure we'll have some interesting maneuvers in the A group! :)

That is if I show up. :D :twofinger

I might go shopping for some new rotors and pads for next year! :):rolleyes :p laughing d

vtr996
10-24-2002, 09:22 PM
I was getting worried about the poor guy after Gratton.

I hate to pull a spell checker but would you please spell Grattan correctly just once? Jack's been there once and has his spelling down pat, get with the program cherry:nono

G-R-A-T-T-A-N

:twofinger :evil :twofinger

Jim
10-24-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Jack

Whad-ya mean, team-stuff'n president? I'm sure we'll have some interesting maneuvers in the A group! :)

That is if I show up. :D :twofinger

I might go shopping for some new rotors and pads for next year! :):rolleyes :p laughing d

yes the A group is looking to be very exciting next year. where all going to have a good time mixing it up. as for the rotors and pads, thats a good idea, i can garauntee that it wont be that easy as it was back in may!:D

Hooligan
10-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Lets see here.......... what did you say to that girl when we got there saturday morning?

Hmmm 160 a day 2 days " well for everyone but you"
How much was your room again? 49 a night for me.

I might be slow........... but Im pretty sure I turned more laps and for a lot less money:D

Jim
10-24-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by HooliganZX6
Lets see here.......... what did you say to that girl when we got there saturday morning?

Hmmm 160 a day 2 days " well for everyone but you"
How much was your room again? 49 a night for me.

I might be slow........... but Im pretty sure I turned more laps and for a lot less money:D

actually at your pace the average $$ per lap would probably be equal to us. figure you 7 us 10. 7 sessions a day that 21 more laps a day x2 thats 42 laps. chewy isnt it!!!!:twofinger

Jack
10-24-2002, 09:35 PM

actually at your pace the average $$ per lap would probably be equal to us. figure you 7 us 10. 7 sessions a day that 21 more laps a day x2 thats 42 laps. chewy isnt it!!!!:twofinger

DAMN!:laughing :rofl

Well, that's 42 more laps than I got! :)

Champ91
10-24-2002, 10:29 PM
$49 a night. :D glad I had the RV. $0 so it didn't matter that I lost the last session and only got 9 laps a session according to the lap timer when it worked the whole session.

Lupi
10-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Odysseys
:rofl ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE WANNA BE POSERS:twofinger :laughing

be like me...(quite) and then as i rail by your ass giving you the finger...:laughing ask phozed (steve) he knows allll about that 1;)

I will laugh my ass off when Kim and Pete are railing circles aroundcha!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Champ91
10-25-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Lupi
I will laugh my ass off when Kim and Pete are railing circles aroundcha!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

yeah that will be the day.;)

Kruz
10-25-2002, 10:58 AM
O nhe other had... that R6 has a motor

You mean that motor that tried to pass me but could not:rolleyes
That motor has nothing on mine....

Don't worry....I won't forget what I learned out there....basically all I did is experiment with some different shifting patterns while being on the gas a little earlier and the brakes a little later. I know I can shave another second off that time in turn one...I know I can go through their much faster.

As far as Grattan goes....I guess Im just chicken of that roller coaster ride. I'd like to go back and try that again.

Kruz
10-25-2002, 10:59 AM
Jack?! Where they heck were you?

Jack
10-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Jack?! Where they heck were you?

Sorry man, I missed you guys too! Just couldn't make it...

Ducman
10-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Man so close too.....gotta beat a 1:25:04 though....

123 or better:rolleyes .....guess we'll never know....
better luck next year

I might be able to help you beat 1:25,
when you come out of 10 and you're in 2nd gear, some point along the straight you need to shift up.:evil

Champ91
10-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Ducman

when you come out of 10 and you're in 2nd gear, some point along the straight you need to shift up.:evil

OUCH that hurst.:D

Michael
10-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Ducman

:rofl

Ducmanism's RULE! :D

vtr996
10-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Michael

Ducmanism's RULE! :D

My thoughts exactly!:laughing :laughing :laughing

Hooligan
10-25-2002, 05:31 PM

I was comparing my weekend to Jeff............. Not you Mr. Almighty one...............You are the king, you are the ruler, how could anyone compare themselves to you????????????:twofinger

Champ91
10-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by HooliganZX6

I was comparing my weekend to Jeff............. Not you Mr. Almighty one...............You are the king, you are the ruler, how could anyone compare themselves to you????????????:twofinger

Who'd want to.:rolleyes :D

Jim
10-25-2002, 10:18 PM
here kruz i had your avitar updated for you, figure this one is good for the next 5-1/2 months!!!!

Champ91
10-25-2002, 10:20 PM
^^^^^^:rofl :D

Jim
12-09-2002, 08:11 PM
bump!!! hahahahahahahahaha:jester :jester :jester

Kruz
12-09-2002, 10:58 PM
bumpity bump bump....

Champ91
12-10-2002, 01:10 AM
Where'd Jeff go?

Where's who go??????????????

Jim
12-10-2002, 01:20 PM
10. Vastly inferior rider
9. Too busy trying to stuff someone to notice a silver flash blow past him.
8. Those heavy" Workstands" stickers are slowing him down
7. Missing clip-on bolts
6. His leathers are too tight...wait...that's Jim's excuse.
5. He can't ride fast unless he's following Jim
4. Can't pass if your bike is broken
3. Can't pass if you leave early
2. R6

and the #1 reason Jeff can't pass John is.....

He's trying to pass a Honda

:rofl :rofl :rofl

just in case he goes to the last page he can see why we are all here! Is it April yet?:laughing :laughing

cherrypicker
12-10-2002, 07:53 PM
Maybe he actually works at work... unlike us.:twofinger

Jim
12-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Maybe he actually works at work... unlike us.:twofinger

im sick today! thats why im posting so much today;)

Champ91
12-10-2002, 11:55 PM

im sick today! thats why im posting so much today;)

yeah sick of work.