: WERA to race Grattan in 03'!!!!!

vtr996
11-18-2002, 05:23 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!!! Grattan baby!

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?threadid=18297

Good to see, I was afraid that fall of MGP would mean no racing there next season.

ddub
11-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Grattan has always been a favorite of mine , back when I was racing (91,92,93) they would run the track clockwise one weekend then counter the next time :thumbsup always a lot of fun ! sounds like a few road trips to Mich. :D

cherrypicker
11-18-2002, 06:03 PM
I'd love to go up and watch the races there. I plan on doing at least 2 or 3 track days there again next season.

Hell in 2 or 3 years when I think I'm ready (need more consistency... and more money) ... I'll just race there myself.... hmmmm.

loudes13
11-18-2002, 07:32 PM
If WERA would do a couple races at BFR too, I'd have to get Wera license. I can't afford to run both clubs (i can't afford to run 1 club, but...)

ddub
11-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Ten years ago they did, not sure what the problem was or is, it might have been the run off area(trees).

phozed
11-18-2002, 08:17 PM
that's very cool - now, does anyone know if CCS is going to run there??

Jack
11-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by phozed
that's very cool - now, does anyone know if CCS is going to run there??

I very much doubt it. According to the Race Manager it looks like:

two Road America's, two Gingerman, two Mid America, 3-4 Gateway and 6 Blackhawks.

Of course that all depends on scheduling....

phozed
11-18-2002, 08:32 PM
thanks Jack! Now I need to decide if a re-surfaced BHF w/6 dates at an hour away is better than 3 putnams and 3 grattans... it'll certainly be cheaper :p

Super Dave
11-19-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ddub
Ten years ago they did, not sure what the problem was or is, it might have been the run off area(trees).

It's been longer than than.

WERA saw, and seems to see, a steady state of decline. They are surviving. CCS Midwest (Blackhawk, etc.) has one of the largest number of entries in the nation. LRRS has the most.

As for run off, WERA ran at Pocono for years. Then you have Skummit Point and Nelson Sledges for WERA tracks. WERA seems to be continuing to receed. They used to race at Gateway.

As for CCS racing at Grattan, Grattan would only give them non prefered dates...dates that conflicted with other events.