: I feel so dirty....

Jack
12-03-2002, 12:51 PM
I guess Kim has rubbed off on me. I just sniped a guy on e-bay for a bling-bling set of Akrapovics for the RC.
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_7aaeba1d64200e4813183d9d9054d3bf/i-1.JPG
Man, that's a lot of money for a couple of perty look'n pipes.

Vcook
12-03-2002, 12:55 PM
are you saying you won the bid? good for you! I did the same thing last week on a full akro system for my gixxer. :D

Jack
12-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Vcook
are you saying you won the bid? good for you! I did the same thing last week on a full akro system for my gixxer. :D

Yeah, I won it. I bid in the last minute of the auction. The poor sucker has got to be pissed right now. I know I would be. :(

Jim
12-03-2002, 12:58 PM
HEY THATS A PICTURE OF MY EXHAUST, HOW'D YOU GET THAT?????

:twofinger

Jack
12-03-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by JimGoFast
HEY THATS A PICTURE OF MY EXHAUST, HOW'D YOU GET THAT?????
:twofinger

Not unless you buy my bike so I can buy Captian America! :) :twofinger
The price just went up 1K :)

Nick 600 F3
12-03-2002, 01:09 PM
:ot But what the hell. On the Akra stuff, are those real bages pop rivited on, or are they decals.

I'm asking cause I just got my Remus Carbon Fiber Can, and was disapointed to find that there is no badge on it, just a meesly sticker, WTF, other then that, I love the thing.

Anyway, if the Akra's have a sticker, then I'm set, a sticker is just a sign of the manufacturer put there money in the pipe not some stupid badge, at least thats the story I'm hoping to use.

Nick

Vcook
12-03-2002, 01:15 PM
The akro label is just a sticker. The build quality is awesome, i cant wait to install mine.

KBOlsen
12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
:evil :evil :evil :evil
Welcome to the Dark Side... and CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase!:helmet

Champ91
12-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Personally I dont understand the logic behind sniping. Unless its the rush to try to screw a guy :D No guarantee that the bid you do at that point will get it anyway. I bid the max amount I feel is worth it and if I win so be it. If I get outbid then its more than I was willing to pay anyway. But then again I'm just cheap anyway. :D

Kruz
12-03-2002, 02:07 PM
Jack is that the set you showed me?

If you don't like them....I might take them off your hands.....

KBOlsen
12-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Pete, it's not about "screwing the other guy", just timing and smart bidding. You're guaranteed to never spend more than you feel the item is worth (hence entering your "maximum bid" once)... it's just a matter of when you place your bid. Most times it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Jack
12-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Kruz
Jack is that the set you showed me?

If you don't like them....I might take them off your hands.....

No, and they wont fit your bike for some reason. Different mounting points I guess. They fit 00-01 as far as I know, even though the guy advertised them as 00-02.

Pete, sniping sucks! I usually do the same, I bid what I want and forget it and hope I win. And I get pissed when someone outbids me. I won the auction by a measly $25. I bet the guy would have bid more if he had the chance, but he didn't. I waited until there was one minute to go and put it in. You're right, if he would have been smart and bid more he still would have got it and I would have been fine with that.

Nick 600 F3
12-03-2002, 02:23 PM
The akro label is just a sticker. The build quality is awesome, i cant wait to install mine.

Sweet, my story now works!

Yea, its a sticker, akra's only got a sticker so f off.

Champ91
12-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Kim and Jack
I understand what you are saying and you are basically saying the same thing as me. Bid your highest and hope you get it. But why watch and wait till last minute to do so thats all I am saying.

Kruz
12-03-2002, 04:10 PM
Ninja Nick :laughing .....that name just cracks me up

The Leo Vince (another highend euro system) offers the option of either a sticker or badge. If you go badge you need to drill a hole in the exhaust. Does drilling a hole make it better or worse...I would say worse. Use that story. I chose to leave my sticker/badgeless. It looks so much cleaner.

Vcook
12-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Champ91
Kim and Jack
I understand what you are saying and you are basically saying the same thing as me. Bid your highest and hope you get it. But why watch and wait till last minute to do so thats all I am saying.

you wait till the last minute and you have a better chance of getting it cheap. why bid the product way up if there are 6 days left? this gives every tom, dick, and harry tons of time to outbid you. I snipe, and I'm not ashamed of it. So do most of the people that use ebay.

Stydie
12-03-2002, 04:14 PM
I am honestly so jealous that you guys can find all these parts on ebay. Try finding ANYTHING for a 99-03 supersport and you'll be sorely disappointed. I think I saw a stock set of gizmawhats on there the other day for the 750SS :::wahhhh::: :(

Vcook
12-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Stydie
I am honestly so jealous that you guys can find all these parts on ebay. Try finding ANYTHING for a 99-03 supersport and you'll be sorely disappointed. I think I saw a stock set of gizmawhats on there the other day for the 750SS :::wahhhh::: :(

thats what happens when you choice to purchase a low volume bike. sorry.

Champ91
12-03-2002, 04:40 PM

you wait till the last minute and you have a better chance of getting it cheap. why bid the product way up if there are 6 days left? this gives every tom, dick, and harry tons of time to outbid you. I snipe, and I'm not ashamed of it. So do most of the people that use ebay.

Yeah but what I am saying is if I set a limit of say $100. If I bid early or snipe I would bid the $100. If I am higher than the highest bid then I stand a chance to get it. If I am lower than the highest bid all I did was jack the price up for the other guy and I still dont get it. Unless I now change my high limit. So I really dont see an advantage to sniping really. Yeah I have done it and do not think anyhting bad ethically with it. Its just why bother. Bid and forget. I get it good if not ok another will pop up fast enough on Ebay.

Now the concept of getting it cheaper. I just dont buy that. First you'd have to outbid the original bid. Unless you already bid high just to find out what the highest bid is and retract your bid, you dont know how high the original bid is. Not that I have ever done that b4:evil then you have to hope someone else isn't doing the same thing. In any case, if you snipe, you have 1 shot to get it. No changing your mind to increase your bid as time will have run out. That means you set a max limit and you bid. No differrent if you bid early with your max and wait it out. Hell if someone out bids you early or snipes, its more than you were willing to spend in the first place. So no difference IMO.

Nick 600 F3
12-03-2002, 04:55 PM
John,

What's so funny about NijaNick, HiiiiiYa! I say it before I get on the bike, it helps.

I was thinking about yanking the sticker off, it does have the little remus wolf stamped into the end cap.

Nick

Grover
12-03-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Stydie

Even with a higher volume bike like mine, finding what you need can take time, especially if it's body panels. Shifters and levers don't change year to year, body panels typically change color (if it's a Japanese bike) every year. Or they change it JUST enough to make it look off if you buy the wrong year. Hell, the 'naked' SV red and the 'S' model red are 2 different shades. Mine is dark and the naked (see Underdog's) is brighter.

Of course, now that I found and bought my panels, the damn things are popping out of the woodwork! :evil

Stydie, solve your problem by finding an SV track bike. I've seen LOTS for sale in the midwest. :helmet

Chris

Kruz
12-03-2002, 05:03 PM
I just imagine you karate chopping your seat or something while in full gear like a power ranger gone bad or something. The Leo have a logo stamp on the end cap too....enough for me.

Jack
12-04-2002, 06:42 AM
OK, I'm officially an addict. I sniped a ZUMA last night too. Now that was a good purchase! I've been wanting one of those for over a year now. But I think I better stay away form e-bay for awhile. :)
Somebody tried to snipe me too! Bastard! Raised the price another $40 but my max bid was higher than his!
HA-HA (http://www.mkeol.net/wavs/simpsons/HAHA.WAV)

Nick 600 F3
12-04-2002, 07:43 AM
What's a zuma?

I'm familer with zuba's, remerber the goofy ass pants, no I never had a pair.

Jack
12-04-2002, 07:55 AM
Yamaha Zuma scooter. I'm psyched. It's a bit rough, a theft recovery actually. But I don't care. Exactly what I've been looking for. It's going to be a pit bike, a way for me to get around at the track to take photos. I'm soooo psyched!

Grover
12-04-2002, 09:05 AM
How you going to keep your son off of it?
:laughing
Your kid's got more icy cold stunna skills than me. He'll be trying to pull those 4000 ft long wheelies like GTA:vice city!

Chris