: The RS125 has landed

phozed
12-15-2002, 12:19 PM
HUGE thanks to Mark for help picking her up!!! She won the MGP LW championship last year, next year I'm going to do the bike no justice but I'll have fun :) I have a huge pile of spares with her and a LOT of learning to do!!! I also need to buy a new front rotor, but other than that shes ready to run!

http://www.phozed.org/personal/pic/rs125_new1.jpg

http://www.phozed.org/personal/pic/rs125_new2.jpg

Champ91
12-15-2002, 12:36 PM
nice lookin lil bike.

Jack
12-15-2002, 12:51 PM
very cool!

Hey, where were you yesterday???

phozed
12-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys! Yesterday I was driving to Grand Rapids, MI to pick up the new toy!

vtr996
12-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Glad I could help out:cheers

The bike is sweet, looks to be in good shape and Phozed has tons of spares to keep in running well. If nothing else you must appeciate the purity of design that goes into something like this. It is truely purpose built, with none of the comprimise you see on the streetbikes. No BS, just GO FAST. 1:23's at Grattan is very respectable IMO.

If you guys can't already tell I'm green with envy, If I could figure a way to effectively shoehorn my 6'2" 220lb frame on one of those things I would buy one in an instant.

Congrats Phozed!!! :cheers :D

KBOlsen
12-15-2002, 03:42 PM
SWEEEEET!!!!!!

I know YOU will be counting the days until spring.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:cheers

Kruz
12-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Mark...just use the same dam shoehorn you use on the HAwk:D

Kruz
12-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Oh and very nice Steve.....:cheers

vtr996
12-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Kruz
Mark...just use the same dam shoehorn you use on the HAwk:D

the Hawk feels like a goldwing compard to the RS125!!!!!:laughing

jcc_rr
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Very nice.

What are you going to do with it? Are you going to race it or use it for track days?

That thing is going to be a blast!

Jim
12-15-2002, 10:37 PM
very cool steve!!:thumbsup

cherrypicker
12-16-2002, 12:04 AM
That looks sweet.

You know what the scary thing is ans exciting at teh same time?

Picture how much faster you're going to HAVE to enter tha turns and how late you'll have ot nail the brakes to stay in front of even the 600's. What a rush... and a thrill ride.

Can't wait to chase after that thing around the back section at Gratton.:cheers

lovebothkats
12-16-2002, 09:38 AM
That is just AWESOME!!! I want a two-stroke soo bad. Aprilia RS250, I know I say it everytime I see your bike Steve but it just confirms my longing. :D

Enjoy that thing it will be an awesome ride.

VIVID1
12-16-2002, 01:03 PM
NICE :cheers

phozed
12-16-2002, 04:48 PM
thanks all! Yeah I plan on racing it but I think I'm going to just do BHF and Grattan and not chase points in either wera or ccs...

Been working on it today and I can't BELIEVE how easy/fast it is to take this thing apart. I'm thinking about sanding/re-painting the fairings since there are a few cracks but nothing fancy (read expensive).

And yeah, it's gonna be a long winter :(

vtr996
12-16-2002, 05:26 PM
LMAO--

"Air resistance effect the acceleration performance and the maximum speed, i.e. the helmet, knee or elbow of rider remarkable being out of the cowling line makes the difference of 5 km/h in maximum speed and 4 to 7 PS in engine power. Form a habit of riding small with the attention to the positions of the helmet, knee and elbow."---HRC RS125 Manual

Blade Runner
12-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Hey, This site is working again. Amazing!

Since I've already emailed and hit you on the other site (hmmm, I wonder just how many sites you posted on?), I really don't have too much to say. I just felt like posting because I finally can. :laughing

Anyway, I'll lift one to you tonight. :cheers :twofinger

Blade Runner
12-16-2002, 06:18 PM
BTW Mark I don't think you could ride small on that if your life depended on it. :evil

cherrypicker
12-16-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by vtr996
LMAO--

"Air resistance effect the acceleration performance and the maximum speed, i.e. the helmet, knee or elbow of rider remarkable being out of the cowling line makes the difference of 5 km/h in maximum speed and 4 to 7 PS in engine power. Form a habit of riding small with the attention to the positions of the helmet, knee and elbow."---HRC RS125 Manual

On a bicycle they refer to it as riding with a "flat back"... meaning the upper back is parallel with the ground. You're enemy is turbulance. I think 125 riders first started using those humps on the racing leathers, and they usually lift out of the seat slightly or move themselves back to keep the airflow smooth over their back.

I can't believe that's in the owners manual.

vtr996
12-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by cherrypicker

On a bicycle they refer to it as riding with a "flat back"... meaning the upper back is parallel with the ground. You're enemy is turbulance. I think 125 riders first started using those humps on the racing leathers, and they usually lift out of the seat slightly or move themselves back to keep the airflow smooth over their back.

I can't believe that's in the owners manual.

yeah we'll have to schedule some windtunnel time for Phozed to perfect his tuck:evil Makes me wonder if I wouldn't benefit from a fairing on the babyhawk(which currently has the aero's of a brick), hell if I could pull another 200-300rpm down the mainstrait at Grattan I'd need to go -1 on the rear or I'd be nailing the limiter in topgear.

Bruce--- I still can't figure out how Steve is gonna "ride small" on that thing....:laughing :rofl

phozed
12-16-2002, 11:23 PM
Mark I bet you'd notice a difference if you got a front end for the hawk - I know someone who's having a sale on r1 plastics too ;)

Bruce I don't know how I'll be able so stay on that thing for a whole race - think I better start the yoga lessons :laughing