: anyone wanna go shooting this weekend?

Odysseys
12-19-2002, 04:38 PM
also whos open so those who have can shot our big boom sticks?

anyone got the # to the buffalo range? or john is that place open in naperville and also shoots hand guns?

BFREE30
12-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Ever shoot at GAT or Gun world?:thumbsup

Odysseys
12-19-2002, 06:22 PM
nope they allow shot guns?

BFREE30
12-19-2002, 06:36 PM
I think so, Gat is in west dundee, gunworld is bensenville. I shot long rifle"sks, 30-30, ar15 there":thumbsup And of course my Glock and SW 686

RickC1957
12-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Bad weekend for me Ken:mad But maybe some time in the New Year we can get together for a round of sporting clays.:p Thats always a blast and maybe I can rape someone for a few bucks$$$$:evil Plus some asshole scratched my baby Jag, and we need to do business

Rick

Odysseys
12-19-2002, 06:40 PM
hey there will plenty of shooting weekends ahead:evil

and damm that sucks when someone keys your shit:mad

ERIC B
12-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BFREE30
I think so, Gat is in west dundee, gunworld is bensenville. I shot long rifle"sks, 30-30, ar15 there":thumbsup And of course my Glock and SW 686

Did you shoot the AR15 in GAT or Gunworld or both? Also could you tell me how much the range fee is at Gunworld?

Eric B.

2weelpilot
12-19-2002, 08:37 PM
what day are you thinking ? I need to sight my rifle for yotes soon.:thumbsup

Odysseys
12-19-2002, 08:45 PM
either saturday or sunday, hopfully andy can come out even ill go get him if need be , sunday is his b-day.

well since we are now talking shot guns and rifles...if buffalo range is not open i heard something from someone theres a place in indiana, thats free and all you have to do is clean up your mess and its suppose to be open year round...cause its free and open.

anyone know the place?

2weelpilot
12-20-2002, 09:36 AM
sat morning or afternoon would be best for me. I need to be back by 5 or so

anyone know of a 150 yard range ? I need to sight in at 150 if possible

2weelpilot
12-20-2002, 11:13 AM
cmon boys are we doing this or not ? How do we find out the name of this place in IN ? Anybody know the name of a gun shop in IN ? They would probably know.

I guess Ill do a search

2weelpilot
12-20-2002, 11:27 AM
I found the following:

Dunes Rifle & Pistol Club
Hobart, IN
219-942-4514
little bit SW of Gary, IN

Warsaw Rifle & Pistol Club
Warsaw, IN
574-267-1972
further SW of Gary, IN probably too far.

Looks like Buffalo Pit is our best bet if theyre open.

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 12:30 PM
ill try to call info for the buffalo range now and see whats up

Meulen
12-20-2002, 12:36 PM
That place in Indianna is pretty cool. It's a State Park I believe. I went there once last year. Just make sure you guys are all legal and stuff cause they watch you like a hawk out there. It's pretty far too.

Have a good time guys. My gun is still down.:thumbsup

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 12:41 PM
brain you can still come man, just ask to shot some shit, ill let you shoot off what i bring. just buy some ammo for 9mm and 12 gauge

Meulen
12-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Odysseys
brain you can still come man, just ask to shot some shit, ill let you shoot off what i bring. just buy some ammo for 9mm and 12 gauge

Thanks bro,

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see when your going. If I can get away I'll go buy some ammo and come out.:cheers

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 12:44 PM
buffalo pit range is closed till april:mad

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 12:44 PM
well i am thinking tomorrow morning bro

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Dunes Rifle & Pistol Club
Hobart, IN
219-942-4514

i left a message with these guys hope they call me back, i was trying to find out there address and time they are open, IF for some reason if someone doesnt have a FOID card can they shot with someone that does, just incase , do we need to bring our own targets etc,

hope they call me back today.

does anyone know where this palce is at and if they have a time of operation?

Meulen
12-20-2002, 12:52 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I got a party to go to tonight so I won't be able to get ammo before tomorrow. I am out guys. Sorry....one of these days I'll getout there with ya.:(

2weelpilot
12-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Youre more than welcome to shoot any of my peashooters also Brian. Ill have my .270 along and my 12 ga. and may bring my .410 and .22 for kicks. I dont have any handguns. My wife is iffy on those with 2 small boys in the house.

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 01:27 PM
mike do you know how to get there?

2weelpilot
12-20-2002, 02:04 PM
I can probably worm my way down there. 80 to exit 23 I think... into town and take Rt 6 towards the Pit. Theres a sign on the road where to turn in. These may not be the exact directions but I can find it.

How many are going ?

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 02:07 PM
mike the buffalo range is closed.
so it will have to be the place in indiana Dunes Rifle & Pistol Club
Hobart, IN
219-942-4514

and if you were...it fugures cause i am bad with directions

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 03:20 PM
looks like to much crap in the air right now and to early to go for tomorrow with so many questions still.

so i am just gonna go do some shoting now at mega.
later:D

2weelpilot
12-20-2002, 05:02 PM
so we can stick a fork in this idea ?:confused

Odysseys
12-20-2002, 05:06 PM
yeah it looks like it mike, since we dont know for sure yet whats up with that place in indiana.

just got back from shoting 500 rounds:D

YZFRabbit
12-21-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Odysseys
we dont know for sure yet whats up with that place in indiana.

That place in IN is a state park, I dont think it is the place SW of Gary. I know it is down that road that you go south on to get to that dragstrip that one of the stunt groups rented last summer to stunt on and dragrace privately. It is about 20 or so miles south of Shererville IN. Cant make it this weekend Ken, gots to do the old unpacking/cleaning/staking out squatter's rights on the shiny new doublewide.

tWisTEd
12-21-2002, 03:03 AM
Shootin'?

Shootin'!

I love shootin'! ! ! Well, almost as much as riding & racing.

Anyone go to CCKC (Conservation Club of Kenosha Co.) ?

Right over the border in Bristol Wisconsin --> http://www.bristolranges.com/contacting_cckc.htm

If you don't, you should check it out. I know, I know. . . "It's too far of a drive." But not really. It's about 10 minutes (fine, 15 TOPS) past Great America. Exit Hwy, C and head west (left) towards Rt. 45. . . Turn right (north) on Rt.45. Drive a whopping minute (or a mile) and turn left on AH. Ta da! You're there!!! On your left (Saturdays and Sundays) is the rifle, pistol and shotgun range. One block further on your right (Wed. Sat. & Sun) is the shotgun range! Trap or Skeet or 5 stand ! ! ! Very nice folks and unbelievable prices!

For handguns or small bore (non military/assault rifle - whatever, it's a big corp. and they don't want the hassle) to med. rifles/ I really like Bass Pro Shops in Gurnee. Very clean and not too bad of a price. $8.00 an hour. (But they also have frequent visitor punch cards and once they get to know you, they really don't monitor your time that closely!

Lastly, if anyone has ANY more information on the "Buffalo Range" please let me know.

I've heard of it but have never been. Where is it? How much? What can you shoot there? Is it worth it/fun?!

Thanks in advance ! ! ! !

2weelpilot
12-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Its in Ottawa, IL. If youre in the north burbs youre definately much closer to the WI range. We'll have to hit that one sometime.

Ive heard rumblings that the Buffalo Pit might be closed for the winter.. what kind of range is that ?.. I believe it was $20 for the day to shoot with the longest shot being 100 yards, and theres only 2 lanes at 100.

How far can you shoot at this one in WI ?

Im in WI all the time on business(damn near every other day) Ill have to pack my stuff some day and take an afternoon off and do some plinking.

I wish I had some weekends free but the next few are taken up with the holidays and ice fishing trips! :thumbsup

tWisTEd
12-21-2002, 01:55 PM
2weelpilot - The range in Bristol is pretty nice (not in that country club kind of way but LOTS to do) but they do have some rules. No rapid fire and "technically" you're not supposed to have more than one round in any rifle at any one time. In 5 years of going once a month or so I have yet to see any range officer check a gun (I always have a magazine with 10 rounds in) or any shooter rapid fire.

For now, there are about 30 - 200/100 yard stations but they're talking about adding a 300 yard set of positions.

Membership is a whopping $60 a year (LOL!) and that gives you an entire weekend day of shooting (9am - 4pm) for $4 rather than $15 for a non-member. Check out their web site below!

http://www.bristolranges.com

Last point of winter time fun for all the shot gunners. . .

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A BIT TIPSY IN A BAR ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND WISHED YOU COULD JUST GO SHOOTING OUT THE BACK OF THE BAR?!?!?!

Well, you can January 12th through April 6th at Jackson Bay Resort - Spring Grove - Phone: 847-587-2888.

It's actually rather safe. BUT A LOT OF FUN! They do it every other week and have been for decades. You get 10 shots at regular clay targets for $6 but thatís not the point! YOU CAN DRINK & SHOOT! Where else can you do this?! In fact, Isn't "don't drink while handling a firearm" one of the most basic rules?! Check it out. . .

CharlieTuna
12-21-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by YZFRabbit

That place in IN is a state park, I dont think it is the place SW of Gary. I know it is down that road that you go south on to get to that dragstrip that one of the stunt groups rented last summer to stunt on and dragrace privately. It is about 20 or so miles south of Shererville IN. Cant make it this weekend Ken, gots to do the old unpacking/cleaning/staking out squatter's rights on the shiny new doublewide.

The range you are thinking of is called Willow Slough. It is by U.S.41 dragway. Here's a little linky to a list of some of the ranges in IN:

http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/inranges.htm

Last that I heard was that IL people going to that range and bringing handguns ran the risk of having those handguns confiscated, though this was a while ago. If someone does organize something to meet at an IL range(preferably indoor) I may be interested in attending. I haven't been to an outdoor/rifle range in about 3 years, so I'm not really sure where a good spot would be to do something like that.