: Who wants to do some indoor shooting. (lets get together)

Odysseys
02-22-2003, 08:16 PM
well someone was asking.

i am going to go to mega sports in plainfield..they got the best , cleanest, brightest shooting range around.
buy a box of over priced ammo and you get a range discount...the range fee then is something like 14 bucks for as long as you wanna shoot.

i suggest buying the bulk of your ammo elsewhere..they are high on it..and they got a GREAT selection of guns and stuff.

anyway i am thinking friday.....they open at 10am and close the range 1/2 hour before they close which is 8pm i do believe.

anytime after 3pm i can go...so if someone can make it...would be fun to compare targets etc. and just get together.

incase someone asks? each shooter MUST have a FOID card.

hope to see someone there..i also think they allow .22 rilfes to shoot there..NO SHOTGUNS though:(

call them for directions and hours of op's. but they are on rt30 between hwy55 and renwick rd (159th)

post if you can make it sometime to join up and play.:cheers

Y2KR1
02-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Where is this place located? A friend of mine who loves to go shooting might want to check this place out.....

Beef
02-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Oddy, I would be willing to go shooting sometime, but plainfield is a hike for me. I need the practice though, it has been a long time since I went shooting and the word shitty comes to mind when I think about how good my aim is.

If you find somewhere more centralized in the future, I will try to make it as long as I have my car with me. I'm not quite ready to ride the bike with a gun in the trunk and ammo in my pocket.

Odysseys
02-23-2003, 11:32 AM
erik dial 411:twofinger

beef, i dont know of any north side shooting places that are as nice as mega sports

Odysseys
02-23-2003, 11:42 AM
i changed this to friday;)

leavundst
02-23-2003, 12:10 PM
I go to outdoor world in gurnee. Cheap ammo, $7.99 for box of 9mm and cheap clean range, $8.00 all the time you want and it includes ear and eye protection. They really just want to get you in the store.

BIGGY
02-23-2003, 12:33 PM
I like Maxon in Desplaines. I buy a 10 pass for $80...though I think you really get 12 punches on the card. The ammo could be cheaper, but oh well. I buy mine at Outdoor World.

ceptor
02-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Amen to Mega Sports. That place has the best range I've ever seen. The last time I was there was a hot summer day. Nice A/C in the range and no smoke. They even have a sink nearby to wash up after shooting. The last time I was there, they had some German made ammo on sale, I bought a box to try and a speed loader, and got a discount on the range fee. The ammo turned out to be pretty nice as well, bought a couple more boxes, and it cost less than what I normally used. I will try to make it out. Weekdays are tough for me. Last time I was there was on a Sun. and the place was pretty empty, the range anyway.

leavundst
02-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BIGGY
I like Maxon in Desplaines. I buy a 10 pass for $80...though I think you really get 12 punches on the card. The ammo could be cheaper, but oh well. I buy mine at Outdoor World.
I used to go to Maxons until I bought my Walther p22 from them. I bought it new, it had a defective barrel. They were "fixing" it for around 4 month. They kept blaming Walther for taking so long. Finally I called Walther to find out what the hell is going on Walther doesnít even do repairs in the US. They forwarded me to another company that does. That company never had any part orders put in from Maxons. Call back Maxons and then they admitted that they where trying to use a third party thatís not really authorized but with whom the work a lot. Finally I demanded my gun back, which by the way it took them 2 hours to find. (Luckily there was an excellent Chinese buffet near golf). I ended up having the gun fixed at shore galleries over on Devon. That place has awesome prices on guns by the way.

KBOlsen
02-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Naked, you DO need a current FOID card.

Shore Gallery is GREAT! My friends have been doing business with Mitch and company for over twenty years.:cheers

Odysseys
02-23-2003, 04:16 PM
yes you need a FOID card.

the last 2 times in this winter i went there to go train my wife to shoot there was a waiting list of 10 people.

during the week at any time...it is just walk on in..and shoot.

biggy wait till you see mega sports;)

Kruz
02-23-2003, 09:56 PM
I knew I should have called you Friday....I went right after work with a coworker who bought a new 9. I brought the shotgun to seewhat kind of pattern it threw...

HS I was amazed how tight the full choke is.....from 15 feet the pattern was only 4-5 inches in diameter. I was able to place 2-3 holes inside a paper plate.

ANyway....I;ve been going to this place on New York St....a few miles west of 59 in Aurora. Real nice range.....elctronic target controllers.

Odysseys
02-23-2003, 10:18 PM
john you can shot a shotgun in there?...if so whats the name of the place?

Odysseys
02-23-2003, 10:19 PM
wait were the stalls blue i think it was with a electionic controler that almost took 5 minutes to figure out with all the bottons?

that place was like 10 bucks an hour or some shit.

Kruz
02-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Yep 12g TOO....they just charge you if you hit the holder. I think its called JRs....new place...used to be in Lisle on 63rd.

Kruz
02-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Don't remember blue....just thick plexiglass stalls. Yeh a bunch of bottons with moving target options and stuff. I think it was $18/hr.

Odysseys
02-23-2003, 10:33 PM
yeah thats the place...i wont go to that joint again....i am not gonna rush even though it doesnt take me long to go threw 500-700 rounds.

thats just out ragis, and i wont pay that...not that i cant afford it ..its just i WONT pay that price again.

Kruz
02-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Yeh its pricey but kinda close to work. I need to find somewhere close around here.

CharlieTuna
02-24-2003, 07:14 PM
I will be there around 5:00, depending on traffic.

Odysseys
02-24-2003, 07:25 PM
:cheers see ya there at 5...do you know what i look like?
well 6ft bald..andYES EVERYONE i will shave my go-tee..havent done that in 5 years...so look for a big baby looking guy:laughing

Kruz
02-24-2003, 07:36 PM
6ft my ass....short fry:laughing

Odysseys
02-24-2003, 08:16 PM
dam busted again:( ok 5ft 11 3/4:twofinger

Kruz
02-24-2003, 08:18 PM
UR shorter than me and Im 5' 11 3/4".....:rolleyes

Odysseys
02-24-2003, 08:19 PM
bull shit shorter fry then I

ERIC B
02-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Odysseys
yes you need a FOID card.

the last 2 times in this winter i went there to go train my wife to shoot there was a waiting list of 10 people.

during the week at any time...it is just walk on in..and shoot.

biggy wait till you see mega sports;)

I think they changed the law about FOID cards. You can shoot as long as someone in your group has a FOID card. We've been shooting at GAT guns and Gunworld and I've brought people with me that didn't have a FOID card. The only thing is that they can't shoot any of the rental guns but they can shoot your guns.

Eric B.

Hooligan
02-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Yes it is J.R's I think its a nice range...............I didnt know you could shoot a 12G in there though I guess I should of asked.

Its expensive but you can shoot alot in a hour:D

And they are closed on Mondays

You go there alot Kruz?

Odysseys
02-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Out of the 5 ranges I have been to...each one (and I know mega is that way) everyone must have 1...they changed the rules on that 6 years ago..with 1 person with a foid can have another person without 1...but that's been years ago.

I do know the buffalo range doesn't even care...if the ATF rolls up its your own ass.

and anyone i EVEN THINK of letting shoot my stuff..better have a foid...i don't need the aggravation;)

Kruz
02-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Not alot...but twice in about month's time. I need to find something closer because traffic getting there after work is still a pain with the mass exodus to Plainfield.

Kruz
02-25-2003, 09:02 AM
bull shit shorter fry then I

You wanna put some $$ on that? I remember 'cause who can forget looking down at the top of your pointy head :D

Or was that 'cause you were on your knees :rolleyes :laughing

Odysseys
02-27-2003, 11:11 PM
:twofinger john.

well ill see anyone who shows up tomorrow.

ill have a black jacket on..and a big butter cup clean face.:D

Kruz
02-27-2003, 11:13 PM
So where/when is everyone showing up tomorrow? Do they allow 12g and 22 caliber rifles.

Odysseys
02-27-2003, 11:25 PM
at mega sports..at 5pm...ive seen 22 rifles being used in there but they dont allow shotguns

Odysseys
03-01-2003, 04:14 AM
well it was me and charlietuna. i had a good time...hope you did.
i went threw 500 rounds...pretty fast.
:laughing

hope you had fun too. also looking better there dude towards the end;)

CharlieTuna
03-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Thanks. I learned a bit and had fun too.

You're right that the place was pretty empty.

We'll have to do it again sometime.