: NESBA @ BHF April 19th and 20th- Who's camping?

Doc
03-17-2003, 06:46 PM
I was just wondering who's going to be camping or looking for some tent space? Good company makes camping worth it. Also, if anyone needs a tent to sleep under, I have plenty of room.

Doc

Kruz
03-17-2003, 07:32 PM
You're just dying to get someone in that monster tent of yours....whatcha do? Remove the zipper handles on the inside?

Like a spider...spinning its web :laughing

I may camp in the back of my truck....but I'll hang out with ya until sleepy time. ;)

Champ91
03-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Will be there Friday night roughin it in the RV :D May Stay Sat night but cant ride Sunday. Fam Obligations Easter and all.

Jack
03-17-2003, 09:04 PM
I'd like to as well. We'll have to see how it goes. Sunday is going to be a tough one here as well. We usually have the family over for Easter.

Doc
03-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Kruz...how'd you know?

Does anyone know if they allow bonfires? I figured with all the guys camping, we could reinact 'Lord of the Flies' and I'm not playing Piggy.

Also, I'll have my camping stove and I should have plenty of grub.

Doc

Kruz
03-17-2003, 09:33 PM
No fires allowed at our CLSB day....remember?

Are you set on camping? We usually;) find some entertainment at the cheap motel we crash at.

KBOlsen
03-17-2003, 09:34 PM
They have a bonfire every CCS Saturday night... can't imagine it would be a big deal if we clear it with 'em first.

We'll be there in the Trailerminium... and I might even fill the crock pot with a little sumthin-sumthin. According to the NESBA board, the "usual suspects" will be engaging in a Saturday-night cookout, so bring a dish to pass and we'll have a great time!

Doc
03-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I noticed that someone was bringing a grill. I'll have to throw together one of my campfire specialities :D

Kim- Who do you think I should address this question with...Blackhawk Farms or Garth?

Doc

Doc
03-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Kruz- I'm not set on camping, but I am set on saving cash. I'm going to be tapped out once I get my race tires.

Doc

Champ91
03-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by KBOlsen
so bring a dish to pass and we'll have a great time!

Do snockerdoodles count

:D

Doc
03-17-2003, 10:10 PM
I was alway partial to snickerdoodles...don't really know what snockerdoodles are though :twofinger

I might fix up a pot of spaghetti or chili. Depends on the weather...might even bring a bottle of chianti...yummmm.

Doc

KBOlsen
03-17-2003, 10:15 PM
The schnockerdoodles are mine! All mine!!

Beth makes some AWESOME cookies!!!

Doc - Probably would be a good idea to talk to both Garth and Ray Irwin.

Champ91
03-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Yeah snickerdoodles make for great barter items when trying to get your plastics done. :D

Jack
03-18-2003, 03:32 AM
Trailerminium. I love that! :D

I'll have a stove in the trailer as well as a refridgerator if we need it. I think it has an oven too. Probably not big enough to cook a Turkey in though. :)

Lupi
03-18-2003, 07:28 AM
I suppose I'll watch the weather as we get closer to the day. If it looks like rain I'll probably pack the George Forman so we can still cook up some grub!

KBOlsen
03-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Pete - John does not eat snickerdoodles.:evil

Grover
03-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Lupi
I suppose I'll watch the weather as we get closer to the day. If it looks like rain I'll probably pack the George Forman so we can still cook up some grub!

:mad

Rob, there, you said the BAD CURSE WORD! The R-dash-dash-dash word :mad

I'll be camping there Saturday night. Perhaps Friday night too.

The question is, will Grover have a trailer hitch by then?

Chris

Grover
03-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Pete - John does not eat snickerdoodles.:evil

Pete, if you want to bribe John, bring steak, VERY rare. :D

Hmm, what snacks should I bring?

KBOlsen
03-18-2003, 07:54 AM
LOL, Grover! I'm the raw-meat eater... John likes his done more medium.

Mmmmm.... steak. Think I'll stop on the way home and get the gas grill so we can take it for a "test ride"!

Lupi
03-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by GroverSV650S

Pete, if you want to bribe John, bring steak, VERY rare. :D

Hmm, what snacks should I bring?

thats why ill have the Geroge. remember how good hose riblits turned out last year???

I've gotten that thing down pat!

diamond
03-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Camping:thumbsup ... do you have to be a Nesba member to camp?

We plan to come down saturday to watch, and we're scheduled for the intro Sunday... and if the weather is favorable, we'll be bringing the $$ for the membership and the remainder of the day... camping sounds like a great idea!

Grover
03-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by diamond
Camping:thumbsup ... do you have to be a Nesba member to camp?

We plan to come down saturday to watch, and we're scheduled for the intro Sunday... and if the weather is favorable, we'll be bringing the $$ for the membership and the remainder of the day... camping sounds like a great idea!

save yourself some money, just join and get the full day now.

Chris

diamond
03-18-2003, 11:14 AM
save yourself some money, just join and get the full day now.

Chris
I know, I've seriously thought about it, but just not sure the weather will be worth a full day that early... I figured I might as well use the free intro. ;)
Worst case scenario, we pay an extra $20 each...
if the weather is crappy, we're out about $300. We don't have a trailer yet (we're working on that, though), but if it's 30 degrees, we probably wouldn't want to want to ride down there.

KBOlsen
03-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Diamond - Camping will be fun! Chilly maybe... but definitely fun!

You don't need to be a member to camp... but I'd definitely join and sign up today to save the extra $$ if you can.

Is today the 30-day cutoff, or tomorrow?

diamond
03-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Nothing like a little pressure. :laughing
I even inquired about joining this month... but they said the intro is not available to members. I know I'll do the whole day if it's nice... but what if there's FROST on the track?!?
This is my first track day... I definitely don't want to be riding home after freezing all day at the track. If I had a trailer now, I might feel differently. :p

KBOlsen
03-18-2003, 11:28 AM
LOL - you're absolutely right, Diamond. :laughing

Ernie
03-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Diamond - Camping will be fun! Chilly maybe... but definitely fun!

You don't need to be a member to camp... but I'd definitely join and sign up today to save the extra $$ if you can.

30 day cutoff? I thought there was a 20 day cutoff where they tack on a little more if you register later than 20 days prior to event.

Hey Doc, I might need some of that tent space. Just signed up for the weekend :D

Lupi
03-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by diamond
I know, I've seriously thought about it

While you're on it, can you get a hold of Amber and drag her butt down with you. She has been talkin about getting on the track since Anna and I met up with you guys last year, and I haven't seen nor head from her since she moved back to WI!:confused
Ciao

**PS**
I renewed my membership and signed up for Saturday this morning.

Grover
03-18-2003, 01:43 PM

While you're on it, can you get a hold of Amber and drag her butt down with you. She has been talkin about getting on the track since Anna and I met up with you guys last year, and I haven't seen nor head from her since she moved back to WI!:confused
Ciao

**PS**
I renewed my membership and signed up for Saturday this morning.

Maybe I should start a poll..

"how many times is Rob going to lap Grover"

None, Grover magically got wicked fast over the summer playing MotoGP2.

diamond
03-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Ciao

Amber said she still needs to get boots, and wants a one piece suit. She said that she is planning to do STT track days this summer ($75 for us, ya know:p ) She didn't say anything about Nesba, though. She still frequents the SBN WI forum.

Lupi
03-18-2003, 02:31 PM

Maybe I should start a poll..

"how many times is Rob going to lap Grover"

None, Grover magically got wicked fast over the summer playing MotoGP2.

Or:
None, Grover magically got wicked fast and Lupi pulled a Doc and crashed....again.....

Diamond:
Hound her....last I spoke with her she wanted to do NESBA at BHF....if she does the intro she doesn't need boots, or have to worry about a one peice...just tell her I told ya to get he bum down here and registered...haha

Doc
03-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
Hey Doc, I might need some of that tent space. Just signed up for the weekend :D

No problem! Depending on the demand...I might be bringing 2 tents. Although, one isn't water proof.

Doc

Kruz
03-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Sounds like Lupi is sweet on someone.... ;)

Doc
03-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Or:
None, Grover magically got wicked fast and Lupi pulled a Doc and crashed....again.....

I'm going to make you eat those words :evil

Doc

Lupi
03-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Doc

I'm going to make you eat those words :evil

Doc

No, just get bumped and lift the curse off me! LOL

Hey you plannin on bumping Saturday? It's really hard to think you are still in "B!"

Ciao,

Lupi
03-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Kruz
Sounds like Lupi is sweet on someone.... ;)

pft....make two posts about somone and you're "sweet" on someone? What the hell do you and Jim have going on there then? :twofinger?
Ciao,

Kruz
03-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Hound her

drag her butt down with you

I haven't seen nor head from her since she moved back to WI!

Sounds pretty serious to me :laughing

KBOlsen
03-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Lupi's in luu-uuv! Lupi's in lu-uv!

Lupi
03-18-2003, 03:06 PM
OMG you all make me laugh!:rofl

Grover
03-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Damn, another bastardized thread!

Something to razz Rob about when he stops by for lunch on Friday..

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=71453#post71453

Suppose somebody should start the trailer thread here pretty soon.

Chris

Champ91
03-18-2003, 04:39 PM
Lupi's in luu-uuv! Lupi's in lu-uv!

Sweet its a great year for Mom and Dad Lupori this year. 2 new grandkids and Lupi gets a girl.:laughing

diamond
03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Lupi - she's got a private instructor. Paul has been giving her some pointers out in GA and TN. Pretty soon, she'll be keeping up with that 748. :D

Odysseys
03-18-2003, 10:47 PM
i think we had a small fire on out last blackhawks track day i think?
and i even remember starting it with some gasoline or something like that. i had a few beers. dont remember if it was a grill or someones leg even?:laughing

john watch out for doc..he doesnt use lube man.

Doc
03-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Odysseys
i think we had a small fire on out last blackhawks track day i think?
and i even remember starting it with some gasoline or something like that. i had a few beers. dont remember if it was a grill or someones leg even?:laughing

john watch out for doc..he doesnt use lube man.

Hey, give me some credit. I at least spit on it before I bend you over...but I don't ask first :laughing

As for the fire at our last track day, that was my camping stove.

Doc