: BFR on 4 wheels

loudes13
04-14-2003, 10:39 AM
I spent Sunday at BFR for the 1st MC road races (cars). I race a Spec Miata in ITA. Weather was perfect, the track is a lot nicer, its smooth way smoother, and many curbs are lower. It felt like the grip was a little higher in all the corners but 4. Being much smoother, I assume we can use a lot more track than we used to. Times should fall. A few track records fell Sunday, and the track was still very green. I don’t know how fast I went in the race yet, but I did a 1:27.0 in qualifying (respectable for someone who’s never driven a miata at BFR). I suspect that I went a .5-1.0 second during the race, since we fixed a bad wheel bearing which gave the car a nasty push in the morning. I would have finished on the podium, but I ran out of gas a couple laps from the end. Oh well…

Pugsly
04-14-2003, 11:10 AM
congrats allen:thumbsup

PS. trailer should be here in about 2 weeks. just an update.

I'm pretty sure I'll be at BFR this weekend. If ya need a ride i think we can put both bikes on the open trailer.

cherrypicker
04-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Nice job Allen.

BTW - I can show you how to mod a 4X8 open trailer to safe carry 2 bikes by adding extensions for the tie downs. Only need about $30 in materials. Worked pretty good this weekend for Doc and myself.

loudes13
04-14-2003, 01:42 PM
"adding extensions for the tie downs"

dude you scare me

cherrypicker
04-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by loudes13
"adding extensions for the tie downs"

dude you scare me

This comming from a guy that forgets to check his brake pads regularly. :laughing

Besides...... nothing broke, bent or fell off. It actually almost looks like a stock acessory. Hell I used grade 5 bolts and ran it past 2 engineers, 2 maintenance mechanics and 1 machinest at work.

lovebothkats
04-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Cherry, send me the details on that. Don't need it yet but who knows what the future might hold. :laughing

Jim
04-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by cherrypicker
Hell I used grade 5 bolts and ran it past 2 engineers, 2 maintenance mechanics and 1 machinest at work.

is this one of those how do you screw in a light bulb jokes???:confused

:twofinger :laughing :laughing :laughing