Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

XR100 used parts source?

626 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Team Serpent 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've searched the internet and haven't been able to find a good source for honda XR 100 used parts.

I've found a few performance parts companies and mini moto racing forums but not what I'm looking for.

I know there are a lot of people out there doing mods and racing these bikes so I would think there is a message board where they all hang out.

My buddy brought a XR100 recently for his son that was smoking pretty bad. We pulled the motor and he needs a new head, cam, piston/rings.

Was hoping to find a used head in decent condition as new parts are a bit more than we want to spend.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

#2 ·
Is the head bad or will just a good lapping fix?
Powroll makes a great piston kit for these bikes.

#5 ·
Yeah pretty ugly, the cam, head and cam tower journals are all scared and distorted badly. I'm surprised the cam didn't seize. Intake valve is hammered, the only parts that might be useable are the springs, keepers, guides and exhaust valve.

I'll look into the powroll piston but was probably just going with .25 over OEM or Wiseco. We are looking to keep the cost down so if the company you mentioned is priced right, then why not.

#3 ·
maybe put up a post in thumpertalk, there is a pretty active xr100 board there.(at least at one time)
northwoodsgp may be another mini moto
xrsonly.com (california based)
there are a few more

there is a really inexpensive (mild)115 kit that has a cam piston and cyl /gaskets but not a head

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.