Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

UFC talk

28K views 612 replies 27 participants last post by  Cerk 
#1 ·
Anyone watch the debut last night? 2 hours of really excellent fights. This season had very little pub, I didn't even realized it started last night...the DVR caught it.

Kind of nice to see the highly touted little brothers of Chase Beebe and Cole Miller get bounced. That Beebe kid seems decent enough so I wasn't really rooting against him, but Micah Miller came off as really full of himself...I had no problem seeing him get worked.

It's going to be a really good season, high quality fighters. Despite the fact that half of them look like oompa loompas:laughing

#534 ·
Eddie Wineland trains at our gym. He lives in Indiana, but comes up this way to train.

There are others who have come to train ground work at our gym, but they are not necessarily members. Kruetz, the old center from the Bears does a lot of training to. His a big mofo.

#536 ·
Finally watched that episode. The GTR and Rousey were best part of the show. The fight was OK. Little Mark Coleman dude was tough and took some solid shots to his head like that kick.

Rhonda threw the fuck outbid those dudes. Getting launched sucks. Lol

#537 ·
Chiesa looked a lot better tonight, but mostly because Lawrence was too stupid to keep it standing. Dude was dumb enough to take it to the ground where despite the fact that he was on top for a lot of it he still took a serious beating, he seemed to be trying to get caught in a triangle or a kimura.

#541 ·
Glad Lawrence lost, trying to imitate Cruz's herky jerky spaz style really annoyed me, I dont see Chiesa getting past the next guy, his standup is awful, but if he works on it, it could be good with that reach. Ground game is awesome though, rare these days to see someone on the bottom causing the guy on top that much trouble, if those elbows had more zing on em, Lawrence would have been in trouble earlier.

#545 ·
That was a great fight just like their first two, I really thought Thomson had pulled it off, the last two rounds he had the momentum swinging his way, Melendez has not impressed me lately, winning close decisions the last two fights against guys that are middle tier, I can think of at least 5 ufc lw that would handle him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.