Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

My f****ng mortgage just went up $800 more WTF?

3K views 61 replies 39 participants last post by  djtohkee 
#1 ·
I live in crook county and I received statement from bank with balance $800 more than usually. The escrow went up. I did call them up and they said the taxes went up ! is that fucking right???
I can't believe this shit!

:mad

#38 ·
We still dont know the details of this issue but all counties are the same. I bet this guy either has a new build where the builder underestimated the taxes or the taxes changed dramatically due to the development of what was previously an empty lot. Or the bank miscalculated the escrow. His taxes did NOT magically go up 800 bucks a month, there is more to the story here. Tax rates fluctuate and so do home values but he hasn't given us the whole story yet.

all counties in this area operate more or less the same, different rates, same process.

#41 ·
We still dont know the details of this issue but all counties are the same. I bet this guy either has a new build where the builder underestimated the taxes or the taxes changed dramatically due to the development of what was previously an empty lot. Or the bank miscalculated the escrow. His taxes did NOT magically go up 800 bucks a month, there is more to the story here. Tax rates fluctuate and so do home values but he hasn't given us the whole story yet.

I don't think he said they went up $800 a month. I think he is implying they went up $800 a year.

$800 a month would be HUGE.

#45 ·
I don't think he said they went up $800 a month. I think he is implying they went up $800 a year.

$800 a month would be HUGE.
it can easily go up that much. A friend paid an extra $1000 per month. Not only do you have to pay to catch up, you also have to fund it for the future payment.

#48 ·
sometimes i think it would be better to rent and just buy fuckin gold krugerands as a investment as from what ive read somewhere the real estate market in most areas will only appreciate approx 1% a year, im already down 40k so ill never see my home worth what i owe, i should just walk, itll take them over 2 yrs to throw me out, i bank $1700 a month in cash for 2 years, store that cash, get evicted, pull a Burntrash and move the family into my moms basement for a year file bk, then rent for another year then buy a place that now its value is more realistic and not like the ass rapin i took when i bought it at inflated values.

#54 ·
Did you not see that on your statements?

I did not think that I was the only OCD person that actually pays attention to this stuff. But then I forget that this is CLSB and the ballers do not get phased by a $1K/month extra out of their account. :lmao:

#60 ·
In Cook County, you can go to this web site to find out the details about how your property was assessed:

http://www.cookcountyassessor.com

It helps if you have your PIN from either your tax bill or your deed, but there's a search by address option too.

When the data screen comes up, look it over and see if the value and property information make sense. If your township is open for appeal, you can start that through the Assessor's site; if not, you'll have to wait.

Make sure you're getting the homeowner's exemption, if you qualify. Details are, again, on the site.

#62 · (Edited)
i moved to south haven, mi. my taxes are an amazing 1000 dollars per year. (my property has huge 2 story barn and 1 house on a 25 acre property) :p its only 2 hour drive from downtown chicago. 70mph posted speed limit so 75 mph until u hit crook county which it becomes 55 posted so 65 mph.

if u guys hate cook move to lake county or something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.