Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Sig 1911-22 vs. Colt 1911-22

6K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  oldgixxer 
#1 ·
I'm between the FDE Sig Sauer and the Gold Cup Colt. Any real-world experience to share?

- I do like the 12 round in the Colt versus the 10 round in the Sig Sauer.
- I am aware that GSG makes the Sig Sauer and Walther/Umarex makes the Colt.
- Have yet to hold either one but planning to this week.

See less See more
#6 ·
Call me a fanboy but the 1911 look. I just want a casual shooter that looks nice. I'm not looking to train for a 45 1911. My wife shoots a 22A and I'm looking for my own.

The 22/45 is not very visually appealing. Does Ruger make a rimfire 1911?

#7 ·
Guys the colt 1911 is a timeless classic, if it didn't work everybody and the kids and dog wouldn't be building "better" ones. Get a life, no better yet just buy a solid 1911! Its a little large for the cartridge, but shoots well in most of its versions. It is what it is, like America love or leave, you're a big boy!

#9 ·
If I would be on the market to buy 22 pistol 1911 would be first on my list.
I shoot Ruger 22/45 and I have to say that pistol is very accurate, easy to clean but kind off pain in the ass to put it back together. I saw Puma 10 + 1 Round 22 Long Rifle w/5" Barrel/Brown Checkered at Buds for 230$.

#16 ·
Sig or Colt

I think either one is a good choice, both classy looking, as I said before the 1911 celebrates its 100 th birthday, for over half that time its been available as a22 cal. Wish I had purchased a colt ace before they went through the roof. Let us know how the sig shoots and functions, they are both reasonably priced. Our daughter who lives in aurora has been looking at the Sig Mosquito and the Walther P22, both a nice size for the gals, but I shot a friends Walther at 100 yards on a windy range session and was very impressed!:mytruck:

#23 ·
I'd stay away from S&W all together. Everyone seems to love the M&P but I've seen several of them fail time after time. Just my experience most people say they've never had a problem.

#24 ·
22s are a load of fun! For under $360 there are many choices. Now that I own the Walther p22 I wouldn't worry in a minute about the way a 22 looks. It's not like you are going to walk around town showing off a 22.

Consistent accuracy is better bet. My Spingfield XD with the 3" barrel is more accurate than my Walther. Luckily, they sell a 5" barrel extension kit that bolts right on. It would be more fun if the Walther was a little more predictably accurate. It's a squirrelly gun with the short barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.