Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Leaf River 4-14-12

2K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  Wedge 
#1 ·
Leaf River is around the corner again . Great time if you haven't been there before . Any dirtbike will do as long as it has a headlight . The headlight does not have to function . The Forest city riders also added a rain date , April 21st. The Leaf River ride starts at 604 Main st. Leaf River IL.61047 . 8:00 am.

Hope to see some of you slugs there .

#47 ·
Fox valley is really the only good place thats open to the public. The only other way to ride a vareity of trails around here is to do events like leaf river or other district stuff.

Michigan has the best trail system in the midwest. You can ride trails for days up there

#48 · (Edited)
In addition to Fox Valley the Rocky Glen IDNR OHV park in Rockford is OK. There's also one in Taylorville (South Fork) if you don't mind driving 4 hours to get there. There's the Cheese trail but it's TOO wide & slow...Cliff's on Route 6 in Marsailles is better than nothing...The Forest city riders are hosting an open ride day on their recently leased clubgrounds, check their website for details... There's also Dyracuse up in Wisconsin...Bong Recreational park if you're lucky enough to hit it when the trails are open, but it's limited... AMA District 16 (If you join Dist. 17 Dist. 16 honors your card) runs a few dual sport rides the best of which is at Wabeno...
Really...join the AMA and then join District 17 and ride all the District 14, 15, 16 & 17 enduros...other than going up to Michigan that's the best way to enjoy trail riding close to home.
There's also Hare Scrambles and Gran Prix's in AMA District 17.

#49 · (Edited)
make the commitment to drive to a few of the other places even if its 3 or 4 hours away. make the drive the night before. Dont get bored going to the same place over and over again. Dyracuse is a hoot and you'll almost always have the place to yourself. Ive ridden a few trail systems in the UP of MI. Never passed another bike. They are between 20 and 30 mile loops.

Hatfield McCoy is in WV - Ive talked about going there for years. Its time to stop talking..

Eric, are the videos you posted pretty typical of the whole thing?

#52 ·
This gives me some places to start. I am close to Rocky Glen and Fox Valley, at least to start. I'm in the AMA so I'll look into joining District 17. I'd love to hit the Michigan trails sometime this summer - group trip anyone ?
I didn't remember how F*ing fun dirtbiking was and now I am hooked.
Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.