Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Bad Crash at Route 30 and Heggs

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  catwlights 
#1 ·
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/10/6-injured--3-critically--in-plainfield-area-wreck.html

I had to turn around on my way home from work tonight...heading west on 111th I seriously thought it was the estate home there on fire, the flames were HIGH above the tree line along 30...it was visible a mile away. The police had the road closed in all directions...worst wreck I've ever seen in person. Hope everyone pulls through ok. The semi was an inferno.

If anyone knows that intersection, it's one of the most dangerous I know of. I go out of my way every day to work specifically to avoid that spot. Heggs runs into 30 at a severe angle. 30 is a 55 mph road there, lots of semi-truck traffic...that's a stop controlled intersection and people just pull right out in front of traffic there, as it can be a long wait and it's really hard to see traffic. It's a nightmare, I can't believe they haven't put a light there. Crashes like this, unfortunately, are just a matter of time at that spot.

#3 ·
That's not the street that Eola turns into past wolfs crossing is it? If it is, I hate turning out of there cause you can't see shit. I thought I heard somethign on the scanner about an accident there.

On another note there was also a semi overturned at Butterfield and Eola on Saturday. Didn't see anything in the paper about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.