Enutz: 25 Miles
Strife: 27.37 Miles
Vcook: 73 Miles* (BS) :)
Crashomon: 5.5 Miles
Strek: 4 Miles

#73 ·
+3 for 12 for the month.

#85 · (Edited)
+7.5, 65.5 total. All this running is paying off BIG. 7 miles at, what I hope to be my half marathon race pace <7min/mile. The rest was warm up and cool down. :)

#88 ·
Thanks. When is your marathon? Don't you have a little time left?

I've really adopted the philosophy some of my tri friends have taught me. Run often, mostly easy, and sometimes hard. I used the McMillan calculator to help me with paces. Then set a reasonable goal pace and trained around it. Basically it was using my marathon pace for most runs except for long runs. So most of my runs are easy shorter runs at marathon pace. Once a week I do a long run at 30" to 1' per mile more than marathon pace. The last 1.25 miles I finish strong. Step up to marathon pace with 1.25 left, then 30" under for the last .25. Another run per week is a medium distance run. That run is either a tempo run at a 1/2 marathon pace, hills and intervals, or a marathon pace run. I do 2 weeks tempo or hills/intervals and then one week easy marathon pace. I've adjusted this for different race distances also. It seems to take the guess work and worry out of pacing on race day.

Good luck! You've definitely got a great base going and you'll do great.

#92 ·
I wish I had time to do one of Higdons intermediate plans. As it is now I'm putting another 100-150miles a on the bike and swimming 3x per week. It's stretched
To my time limits. That plan will work out great for you. BTW....technically, those tempo runs at marathon pace are "speedwork". :) So you're definitely doing some and probably getting faster for it. Great Work man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.