Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

This is so wrong!

2K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Truth 
#1 ·
#9 ·
:bow I like that. Good find.

I agree it was in poor taste. At least it wasn't a hate driven.

#5 ·
Said dipshit: Nancy Hurlbert, chairwoman of the Lake County Democratic Party.

Hurlbert said Tuesday's incident was the first time anyone had complained about the flag, which she received as a gift two months ago.

"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."
I wouldn't care if George Washington or Homer Simpson photo was on the flag, it has nothing to do with WHO, it's the fact that it was changed at all.

#10 ·
Federal law stipulates many aspects of flag etiquette. The section of law dealing with American Flag etiquette is generally referred to as the Flag Code. Some general guidelines from the Flag Code answer many of the most common questions:

The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.
The flag should be flown in fair weather, unless the flag is designed for inclement weather use.
The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it, or attached to it.
The flag should never be used for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.

#11 ·
Our Flag

Important Do's

It is the universal custom to display the national flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open, but it should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement. The U.S. flag may be displayed at night upon special occasions when it is desired to produce a patriotic effect.
Display the U.S. flag on all days that weather permits, but especially on national and state holidays and other days that may be proclaimed by the President of the United States. On Memorial Day, the U.S. flag should be half-staffed until noon.
The U.S. flag should be displayed on or near the main building of every public institution, during school days in or near every schoolhouse, and in or near every polling place on election days.
Always hoist the U.S. flag briskly. Lower it ceremoniously.
Important Don'ts
Never in any way should any disrespect be shown the U.S. flag.
The U.S. flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are dipped as a mark of honor.
The U.S. flag should never touch anything beneath it - ground, floor, water or merchandise.
The U.S. flag should never be carried horizontally, but always aloft and free.
Always allow the U.S. flag to fall free - never use the U.S. flag as drapery, festooned, drawn back, or up in folds. For draping platforms and decoration in general, use blue, white, and red bunting. Always arrange the bunting with blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below.
The U.S. flag should never be fastened, displayed used or stored in a manner which will permit it to be easily torn, soiled or damaged in any way.
Never use the U.S. flag as a covering or drape for a ceiling.
Never place anything on the U.S. flag. The U.S. flag should never have placed upon it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture or drawing of any nature.
Never use the U.S. flag for receiving, holding, carrying or delivering anything.
The U.S. flag should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, and the like, printed or otherwise impressed paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard; or used as any portion of a costume or athletic uniform. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
When the U.S. flag is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, it should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by fire, privately. Another option in Allegheny County is the**South Park Flag Retirement Plaza where there are receptacles to drop off any unserviceable flags. Service organizations wishing to have a flag retirement ceremony should contact the South Park permit office at (412) 835-4809 or 4810 to make arrangements.

#12 ·
This story is at least a couple weeks old...I wonder why Mr. Obama...The President of the United States of America...the Commander in Chief... hasn't spoken up and asked those who are producing and displaying this flag that is defaced with his image to cease doing so?

#13 · (Edited)
This is complete BS. Who in the hell authorized this abomination? As someone who has served I am more than offended, this is the worst insult to our nation and to those that have fought and or died for this country and her flag. Is this really the kind of president that this nation deserves?

First hoodies, and now his image emblazoned on our country's most significant symbol....... This shit must cease and desist now! Who in the hell does this asshat think he is? This action alone should be the end of his "legacy" and he should face charges for this. He had to approve this in some way or another. It's time that we hold those that represent us accountable for their actions.

#21 ·
^^^Yes...I know he wasn't the person who perpetrated this but why hasn't he refuted it and asked those responsible to cease?...Could it be he's reveling in it? I say it's possible and his behavior through his whole career would indicate so.

#22 ·
Somebody is making money on it. If he refuted everything that had his face on it, he wouldn't time for anything else. Reveling? That could be, but similar things are said about every president we've had since I can remember. It's also possible he's unaware of it, or doesn't care. I don't see the point in speculating that. To guess at what someone thinks or feels is tiresome and pointless. Especially when it's a politician. Quite frankly they all lie so much they might not even know what they themselves really think or believe.

#27 ·
How do you know that didn't happen? And how do you know the person on the other end of the phone said, "No". He can't make a phone call and tell a company to stop selling something. Just like he can't tell people not to use his image to ridicule him. Should he say something in public? Maybe... But wouldn't that turn it into a bigger issue? I'd bet if he did say something and refuted it in public, the companies sales would skyrocket, and then he'd be criticized for that. Seems to me a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation.

#28 ·
^^^ You're kidding..right? Do you honestly believe that the POTUS doesn't have control over his own image? He could have any company in the U.S. stopped cold from making those flags in less that an hour and a public statement from the White House press office would be all that would be needed to stop Democratic campaign offices from displaying it!
I absolutely DO KNOW he hasn't said or done anything to stop it because it would have been splashed all over the news and very public. Considering how this whole thing sits with vets I am completely surprised that he HASN'T weighed in..........the only thing I can think of is they're still brainstorming how to turn this into a political advantage for the campaign. If that's true then he's not doing his job as Commander in Chief!

#32 ·
Truth...You told me to "check it out"...You need to do the same, my friend... Instead of posting something that is so obviously PRO Obama and is only citing information about Romney, why not post something that actually shows Obama's record on firearms and the second amendment?
His record on this, like all other issues is clouded and full of smoke screen from his time spent in the Illinois state house AND senate and even the US Senate. But his never meant to be heard comment to elite contributors in the 2008 campaign about "disgruntled Americans clinging to their guns and religion" AND the actions of his political supporters, his political party and his justice department tell a VERY ANTI GUN ANTI SECOND AMENDMENT story! Not to mention his time spent as a community organizer and his ties to the Chicago Dem machine.

I prefer to believe the guy who is actually saying he's changed his position 180 degrees rather than the guy who remains silent and whose departments, employees and allies are busting their backs to disarm everyone!

AND...BTW...Even a public figure can demand that their image be not used and left off of anything that is being sold for profit if they so desire...especially a political figure and even more especially the President of the United States! I believe that his image would not be on that flag if he didn't want it to be...Furthermore...As the highest office holder of the Democratic Party and the incumbant nominee for the office of President he has full power to direct ALL democratic offices, sights and locations to NOT display that defaced flag.

#33 ·
The dems are anti gun. But I googled and can't find anywhere where he himself voted for, or introduced gun control legislation. His justice department even sells them to Mexican drug cartels, so... There ya go! The question I have is this... Has he gone after your guns? Do you feel he will in a second term?

Ok... Found this. Still doesn't paint the picture I'm getting. What troubles me a lot more than this is campaign finance reform.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm#Gun_Control

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.