z1000 build - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Open Topic Discussions > General Sportbikes
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
SilverGhost

Sportbike: nice variety
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: member
SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
z1000 build

figured i would share some of the build progress we have of a new Z1000

we started to plan the build out last night and then began to tear it down, the bike is basicly brand new 100 miles on it... here are some pics... THINK WHITE! cause we are using a TON of white on this ride

ut got alot of the paint work done on the plastics... came out great, went satin black on all the gray... then pulled the lamp to run all time duell HID... after he gets home from his vacation we will really tear into it for powder... it is all here in the shop just got to prep and lay it!

we have added Lighting to the back of the bike, alternate brake lights and turn signals, HID lamps are in both bulbs and they are re wired to both be on... super bright... shooting some high temp powder on the header and new exhaust mufflers this weekend as well

pipes done!
color matched the tips

wheels pulled for powder (rotors, sprocket, spacers, etc)

ugly ass silver swing arm pulled off to be color matched to he frame

well after 2 nights in the shop till 4am... my brother and i made some headway on his scoot... got the color match for the orange on the bike figured out, was able to get the wheel laid in that, so that we can now mask it off and lay the white then clear the whole thing, this will let us run a fat color matched orange wheel stripe on the inner drum to tie in the paint work down lower on the bike... also got all the white shot, swing arm shot, the color match we came up with for the swing arm and odds and ends to the factory frame is BALLS on! perfect! and i have to say i really dig the color as well... need to pick up some needle bearings for the swing arm, then we can start to assemble... each bike we build for him he always goes out of the box on color choice, for HIM this is very mellow... and i have to say he has done it again... this white has a nice flake to it just like his factory tins white... looks so pimp, was able to seal the whole thing in a super durable clear as well so it is Tough as nails!

here is the wheels in the base, orange for the wheel stripe

parts shot in the charcoal black color

then we moved on to white

and the fruits of our labor

you can really see how the tips follow the flow of the ends of the pipes, keeps the nice wave shape even in the powder

Custom Powder Coating, custom bike builds, one-off machining work, custom LED kits..you want it, we can make it happen
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
STANIMAL
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR
STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!STANIMAL Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Nice to see another project . Next step is buying a better camera.
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
PatFitz9
Midnight Rider

Sportbike: R6 and a Z1000
Years Riding: for a bit
How you found us: random PM on sportbikes.net
PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!PatFitz9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Fat Pat #728

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around...
PatFitz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
quetzal
Imperator

Sportbike: 2006 Ducati 749
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: sandplasma
quetzal This Guy is alright
I love the new look of the Z1000, all it needs is lower bars to make it feel more like a sportbike.
2008 Honda CBR 1000RR
quetzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
SilverGhost

SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!SilverGhost Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
hahaha actually we are going to prob CNC some risers to bring the bars up a bit... we ride... alot and far taking several trips to missouri and even FL a year... the bike is for my brother (this is joe) so he is coming from a custom chop and a goldwing cruiser we built a few years ago.. he wanted somethign that was more fun so afte we did a ton of research he bought this... here is some of the assembly.. shold have the wheels shot today... we are doing some CRAZY trick coating work on the wheels!

got the bars on last night, bar ends and trim ring on last night... so glad we did all white on the bars and mirrors, it looks so trick all in the same color!

trim ring

bars/mirrors

how is that for a profile

Custom Powder Coating, custom bike builds, one-off machining work, custom LED kits..you want it, we can make it happen
Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Vcook
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
you have a lot of shop towels/rags
Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
whiteSeatEnvy
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.
whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I wanna see a close up of that teamwork poster.
"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..
whiteSeatEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Vcook
Super Moderator

Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
whiteSeatEnvy
yo quiero su taco

whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
Vcook for prez! lol
"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
Julian@MotoCARR
Automotive Afficianado

Sportbike: '82 KZ750 LTD, '04 ZX6R
Years Riding: 2555 days and counting
How you found us: CLSB found me...
Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
They just did one of these on Cafe Racer. The tank they had made was pretty sweet, but just can't get into so much Kawi green. White is right!
Julian@MotoCARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
timdske
The neighbors hate me!!!

Sportbike: '03 Superhawk 996, '95 Nighthawk (wifes bike), '78 Moto Guzzi v50
Years Riding: Forever!
How you found us: C.B.
timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!timdske Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Wow! So far it looks awesome. I can't wait to see it done. Nice job.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
SilverGhost

well got some more work done on the z last night...only had an hour to put into it so my bro and i got the rear end all done... just have the front wheel and the pipe to install and we are riding!!!

lit up wheel

Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
is your workbench as narrow as it looks?

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
2weelpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
SilverGhost

the long bench with the peg board is about 2ft deep and the one to the right with the drill press is about 2.5 deep

Old 05-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #15
bikeguy

Sportbike: Honda RS 125
Years Riding: just starting to learn
How you found us: accidentally
bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!bikeguy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Love the white wheels.

RIP Ashwin 788
bikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
Julian@MotoCARR
Automotive Afficianado

Sportbike: '82 KZ750 LTD, '04 ZX6R
Years Riding: 2555 days and counting
How you found us: CLSB found me...
Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Julian@MotoCARR Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Wheels look great! What LEDs are you using?
Julian@MotoCARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
SilverGhost

The Led's are 50/50 i light up bikes all the time check out our website i have a whole gallery of bikes we have lit up

ere is where she sits now.. just the front fender to pop on, put the battery on a trickle charger to get her up and read to rock for today

Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
trkyleg
Eat a bag o' dix!

Sportbike: ratty one
Years Riding: a few days
How you found us: Uncle Bad Touch
trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!trkyleg Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!

-"You will meet your destiny on the road of avoidance."

-"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

-"It's not considered premarital sex if you don't plan on getting married."
trkyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
JRobbins
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: Blk 09' Triumph Daytona 675, Triumph Daytona 600 (Gone)
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.
JRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealous
dope
JRobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Vcook
Super Moderator

Looks great but that exhaust is going to dirty up quick
Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #21
SilverGhost

well here she is... about 35 miles on here between rain storms we have had... my brother is VERY happy to say the least!

off the lift and fresh from a ride!

all lit up

Old 05-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
whiteSeatEnvy
yo quiero su taco

I see orange rims above and mention of a lip. Then I see all white wheels on the finished product. Some two tone rims, that bike needs.

I also think some orange on the tank would help the flow. maybe continue the fairing to a taper on the tank.

Quote:

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 05-07-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
JRobbins
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: Blk 09' Triumph Daytona 675, Triumph Daytona 600 (Gone)
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.
JRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealousJRobbins Mother Theresa is jealous
Alright, I wanna see some HD video of that thing going down the road, at night.
JRobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #24
SilverGhost

we will get video of the bike on the road... it is my brothers... when we 2 toned the wheels he was not pleased with them... he wanted more white on the bike as later in the winter we are going to paint the whole bike.. this was just part 1 of the build to get it so he is not rocking a stock bike all summer... i loved the 2 tone wheel, and loved the way we created the stripe to wrap the lip like it did, even though it took about 6 hours per wheel hahahaha... the customer is the visionary here we just make it happen... so he wanted all white, all white he got... i think i may lay some white pin striping by hand along the belly pan till we pull it for paint... but we will see. that is if i can get him off the bike!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #25
SilverGhost

ooh ya! here is what the wheel looked like 2 tone... he wanted less orange and more white.. so we reshot them in all white and then layed some SD clear on them so cleaning would be a breeze!

Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
whiteSeatEnvy
yo quiero su taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
ooh ya! here is what the wheel looked like 2 tone... he wanted less orange and more white.. so we reshot them in all white and then layed some SD clear on them so cleaning would be a breeze!

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #27
SilverGhost

Few more small mods, added another set of brake lights to the back, and micro LED turn signals in back... also eagle eyes up front... man those suckers are BRIGHT!!!

tail:

Duel HID + eagle eyes

Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
thisisbenji

Sportbike: Ninja 250R
Years Riding: 1<
How you found us: Google
thisisbenji FNG
How are you liking the Z1000?
thisisbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #29
SilverGhost

most amazing bike i have ever rode in my entire life!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #30
Muskrat
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"
Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Muskrat Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
looks great. agree the two tone wheels would look a bit better but the all white are nice and look amazing all lit up. kudos
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote