Helmet damage? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Track Corner > Track Talk
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

Old 07-09-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
Kruz
Super Moderator

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Helmet damage?

I have some really faint scracthes on my helmet and was wondering how to tell if it is OK or should be replaced. I'll have to take a picture to describe it, but they look like real faint streaks spaced an inch apart. ALmost like sand or very small pepples ran acrross it. I don't remember hitting my head except for the SWAT roll or two I did to avoid a faceplant.

I've got a SHOEI RF-900....does SHOE offer any kind of integrity check?

Just in case I need to replace....where's the best/cheapest place to buy a SHOEI?
Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
Jack
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .
Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I would think it should be fine with just minor scratching, but to be safe I've heard that ERs will take an X-Ray of it for you to check.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 12:19 PM   #3
Kruz
Super Moderator

Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
WHat would I look for? A crack...a hole...?
Old 07-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #4
Champ91
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN
Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
what ever you do forward the info on to Jeff w/ a J Think he has some helmet damage as well. Sounds the same.
Champ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 02:35 PM   #5
Ernie
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day
Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Shoei has an address on their website where you can send helmets for inspection to see if they're still roadworthy. I was looking into this after my accident with the deer. Just decided to screw it and keep it around as an occasional passenger helmet and I picked up a new RF900 from Helmet Harbor
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 03:46 PM   #6
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
dude that 900 is tough as hell..i dropped mine 4 times and smashed a guys nose in with it.

just apply pressure to all the sides..like a inward press with both arm and listen for cracks...from the sounds of yours...its NOTHING
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 03:47 PM   #7
Kruz
Super Moderator

Thanks Ernie...I remembered SHOEI offered something like that. I'm sending mine out tomorrow to be sure. $269 is not bad for a solid RF-900. Do you know if they shields are the same for the newer models? I have three shields I don't want to waste for my old RF-900.

Which lid did you get anyway?

How is the weight bench treating you....
Old 07-09-2002, 03:56 PM   #8
Kruz
Super Moderator

I won't be using it for at least two weeks....it's free (less $10 shipping) and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

To save shipping costs, we can send in your conehead for inspection if you like
Old 07-09-2002, 03:59 PM   #9
Ernie
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day
Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ernie Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
visors are pretty interchangeable on the Shoei helmets over the years. I got some from my old RF700 that I'm still using with my current RF900
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 04:09 PM   #10
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
nahh its ok...i know my helmet is ok...besides...i got my leather helmet as my back up
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote