Stoeger 2000 Review - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Non-moto related Hobbies > Weapons & Hunters Corner
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Old 03-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #1
Meulen
Super Moderator

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Stoeger 2000 Review

Stoeger 2000 synthetic 28" barrel 12ga shotgun

This weekend I was lucky enough to take a test drive of this piece. I was provided a brand new gun for the day. The gun comes with 4 different chokes. More than enough for a gun of this price range. I honestly only needed to use the modified choke for clays and birds on saturday.

First stop Clays. At 6.9lbs this gun was light and agile to pick up and well balanced for a firearm in its price range. Sighting was precise although for my tastes a more visible bead may have been desirable. The OEM bead is white and maybe an orange or some floresant would have worked better, but it's really personal preference. Gun acted great with minimal recoil and nicely functioning action.

Birds. I left the modified choke in for the birds and it really felt like you could reach out and touch them with that choke and number 5 Game loads. Again the gun was light and agile to carry around the field. The stock is predrilled for a strap too. The only problem I had was a misload due to myself not pushing the shell all the way into place.

Overall, this gun is GREAT for the price. At $420 MSRP I can't think of a better bargain for the purpose of a utility gun. The 28" barrel seemed perfect for both clays and birds. Bottom line is....I really like this gun, it's attractive in synthetic black, its light, versatile, reliable, and the price is more than right. It's a nice way to get a benelli quality gun for less than half the price IMO.

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #2
HDTony
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I enhoyed shooting that gun also. I might just buy one of those.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Meulen
Super Moderator

Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony
I enhoyed shooting that gun also. I might just buy one of those.
Tony...you said something about the recoil not being as smooth as you expected. Did you do something to your to make it so much better???

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-23-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
HDTony
Administrator

How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I do have the remigton R3 recoil pad on mine which dropped the recoil on my gun by about a claimed 30%.

although I never really did shoot both of them one after another. that might show a few differences if I were to do that.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-23-2004, 10:24 PM   #5
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Next time we shoot clays you should screw in the imp. cyl choke. You might be surprised how much higher your hit % goes up. I think it opens it up something like 6" at 25 yards or thereabouts.. Just enough to hit rather than miss.

I liked the gun also Brian. Soooooooooooooooooo youre buying it?

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
2weelpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #6
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 2weelpilot
Next time we shoot clays you should screw in the imp. cyl choke. You might be surprised how much higher your hit % goes up. I think it opens it up something like 6" at 25 yards or thereabouts.. Just enough to hit rather than miss.

I liked the gun also Brian. Soooooooooooooooooo youre buying it?
That's a big YES ....Maybe not right away. I just spent some $$$ on a new helmet. Actually ordered it just a minute ago. The wife gave me the go ahead so I will buy it sometime soon though.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-23-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy
That's a big YES ....Maybe not right away. I just spent some $$$ on a new helmet. Actually ordered it just a minute ago. The wife gave me the go ahead so I will buy it sometime soon though.

EXCELLENT, Guess I wont be buying one, I'll just borrow yours

- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
EXCELLENT, Guess I wont be buying one, I'll just borrow yours
AWSOME!!!!! and I just found a new 17 to borrow for our sniper team shoots.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #9
HDTony
Administrator

LOL So thats how it is

- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #10
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
LOL So thats how it is
I dunno......you started it.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #11
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
LOL So thats how it is

I let everyone shoot my stuff. Doesnt bother me. as long as people respect it, and if they plan on going through a shit load of ammo I tell them to bring thier own

- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #12
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
I let everyone shoot my stuff. Doesnt bother me. as long as people respect it, and if they plan on going through a shit load of ammo I tell them to bring thier own
ditto bro.....I got no problem with people shooting my guns. Hell, I'm lucky as hell to have a friend like Luis who'll by the gun I want for display purpose and let me take it out for a run before I decide to buy it.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #13
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
ditto bro.....I got no problem with people shooting my guns. Hell, I'm lucky as hell to have a friend like Luis who'll by the gun I want for display purpose and let me take it out for a run before I decide to buy it.

Hahahaha, thats awesome

- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-24-2004, 10:24 AM   #14
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
thinking to myself, should i let someone shoot my 5600.00 robar sr-90?

...lol
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:44 AM   #15
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
thinking to myself, should i let someone shoot my 5600.00 robar sr-90?

...lol
I say...what's the difference? The bullet goes down the same chamber either way.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-24-2004, 10:56 AM   #16
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
I say...what's the difference? The bullet goes down the same chamber either way.

Ya exactly!!!

- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-24-2004, 11:10 AM   #17
Ofc. Ponch
Weapons Tech Guru

Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN
Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Ofc. Ponch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
It's a little diffrent with a gun like that.
They're only good for about 3,000 rounds. So every pull is one step closer to death.

And whenI mean only 3,000 rounds I mean that the guns PEAK accuracy will oly last around that many round. That's why sometimes you will hear guys talking about barrel errosion and pressure or re-barreling thier guns. bench rest shooters change barrels about every 1,000 rounds.

The barrel will last about 15,000-20,000 rounds but your group size will get bigger as the # of rounds fired through it increase.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS COMMON KNOWLEDGE?

I'm sure he'd let you get a few rounds through it though
Old 03-24-2004, 11:26 AM   #18
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ofc.Ponch
It's a little diffrent with a gun like that.
They're only good for about 3,000 rounds. So every pull is one step closer to death.

And whenI mean only 3,000 rounds I mean that the guns PEAK accuracy will oly last around that many round. That's why sometimes you will hear guys talking about barrel errosion and pressure or re-barreling thier guns. bench rest shooters change barrels about every 1,000 rounds.

The barrel will last about 15,000-20,000 rounds but your group size will get bigger as the # of rounds fired through it increase.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS COMMON KNOWLEDGE?

I'm sure he'd let you get a few rounds through it though
wow....I did not know that. What a rip off.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #19
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
wow....I did not know that. What a rip off.
Ya no kidding, that sucks.

- Ronald Reagan