Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Toll Roads

5K views 148 replies 32 participants last post by  beac83 
#1 ·
So the guys that have their plates located far underneath there tail...have u tried going through toll roads and not paying????

#3 ·
No plate = no pay

#5 ·
fuk all that noise, just leave it off

#7 ·
I've killed a whole animal shelter worth of kittens according to you and I sleep like a shrek.

Reactions: suh-c
#8 ·
Honestly, my plate is pretty visible from the back since its mounted on an FE but in the stock location, and I hardly get hit with the tolls.

I don't carry my transponder on me, but when I check my account every few months, only about 1 in 5 tolls are actually charged to me, sometimes less.

This has been happening for about the last 3 yrs now.

#16 ·
Tolls are only like .40, so I try to pay them.

#21 ·
If the economy keeps going the way it is, we'll all be homeless. I hope the refrigerator boxes in the alleys have wifi.

#22 ·
Actually, ride thru doubled up with 1 guy having the transponder trigger it, and the other one won't get tagged for non-payment. I saw a guy once who had the transponder velcroed to his helmet.

#20 ·
Then don't use the roads. The tolls are the only thing that pays for those highways, federal tax money is forbidden to be used for tollroads. Use surface streets and then give the money to the homeless. There are a few outside Union Station and Olgilvie.

I do what Potiawala does; I've registered my bike plate with IDOT but don't carry my transponder. IDOT charges me every once in a while for the tolls, and if memory serves they always get their cash; it just takes a few months.

#28 ·
It's ISTHA, not IDOT, incidentally.

And while it's clear that skimming tolls just pushes your cost of the road onto everyone else, small as that share may be, I have to wonder which is cheaper: the skimmed tolls, or the $95 ticket for improper display of plate?

#23 ·
Here's an idea. Dallas has a new tollway with no transponders on it, just cameras. They take a picture of your plate and mail you a monthly bill. No more blown tolls and penalties. win

#30 ·
+1. They are $0.40 tolls, srsly.

how can u say that with a ron swanson quote lol.....but yes seriously....i bought a kawasaki instead of a porsche....that should say something right there...
What kind of Porsche were you going to get? If you are too cheap to pay forty cents for a toll I can only imagine what you'd do when your precious Porsche needs a little maintenance.

It's ISTHA, not IDOT, incidentally.
Oops, ISTHA.

#35 ·
I can say it because my point is not that tolls are right, but rather that the amount of effort some put in to save $0.40 is amazing. If that time and effort was used to do something more productive or rewarding, it is amazing how much more rewarding life would be. Again, I am no saint and catch myself spending too much time trying to save $, when I could have been using it to do something relaxing or productive.

Now, not being able to afford something is one thing, being cheap is another. :bow:lmao::neener::mecry:

#32 ·
While on this subject, I was wondering if there are benefits of registering with EZpass (PA), IPass (IL) or Izoom(IN). I realize they are all in the same network but all seem to be slightly different in administrative dealings. I've had a hell of a time over the past decade with Ipass over a range of issues and every time I have to talk to them they are assholes.

#33 ·
A little off topic but I feel that tolls should be reduced for motorcycles. They charge a helluva lot more for extra axles but when a vehicle that weighs a quarter to half of what a car does and takes up less road space comes along, they want to charge the same price as a car.

FWIW I have my plates registered to my IPass account and every once in a while I get charged for a V-toll (video toll) which is double price but I can't complain because they haven't charge me for all the other times I should've been tolled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.