Post Buffalo shooting range 9/28 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Non-moto related Hobbies > Weapons & Hunters Corner
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Old 09-28-2003, 09:24 PM   #1
Meulen
Super Moderator

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Post Buffalo shooting range 9/28

wooooo-hoooo. Good time today guys I finally got my 30 .06 sited in at 100 yards. Found out I'm not the only one that has problems with my 9mm beretta sites. , I'll have to get that fixed. I still got the touch on the clays for the most part too. Surprised me to hit the first one since I haven't done it since I was twelve.

And holy crap Ken.......That cannon of yours was way to much fun with the magnum slugs

Cool stuff out there today guys. Great time.

Thanks Mike for the ride home and letting me use your stand to site in

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Doc

Sportbike: 2006 Lemond Zurich
Years Riding: since the age of 4
How you found us: SBN...back in the day!
Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Thanks John and Ken for letting us shoot your guns. We had a blast!!! Makes me want to go out and buy a nice .22 rifle w/ scope so I can plink away. That was fun!!! Thanks again

Doc

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #3
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I had a great time also guys. We shouldve made a point of getting together though. I didnt even really recognize Doc and asked if that was him later on

and CRAP is my shoulder sore ! ! !

Im trying to get a couple of pics uploaded

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !

Last edited by 2weelpilot; 09-28-2003 at 10:17 PM..
2weelpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 10:03 PM   #4
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
There used to be a 5 gallon pail down there.."Terminator" took care og it though

Old 09-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Brian thinks he saw a gopher running through ! ! !

Old 09-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #6
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Ken didnt see a gopher but unleashes his fuery anyway ! ! ! I wish I couldve got a pic of the flame outta that muthu ! !

Old 09-28-2003, 10:49 PM   #7
Meulen
Super Moderator

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by 2weelpilot
Brian thinks he saw a gopher running through ! ! !
hahahha....I think I got em' to. There wasn't much proof of his existence left though. LOL

That flame was awsome

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #8
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
It was fun today, sorry Mike when we got in there we went to the least people which was the shotgun pigeons area, then we went to the gun range, then you showed up.

Man the shit I need to teach you guys, for the most part, NEVER put your finger on the trigger UNLESS you plan to fire right there and then, other then that all you guys did great out there, I lost my touch towards the end there near the pit using those tossers.

But doc and his female friend did a great job too.
Mike you were kicking my ass towards the end there, I think I hit a few 3 clays earlier with doc and john.

after all you guys left, it got COLD but me and john stood there till 5pm shooting it out, and i RULED!!!! his ass on the 22 rifle...hahahaha WAZZZ UP..hehehehe

but man it was fun.
looks like my 45 doesn't like that Walmart Winchester 100 box load of SHIT!!! i think i am going to try even though its gonna cost a shit load more, to buy a couple of RAPE your ass full price 50 box of 45 from the gun shop and shoot a few hundred and see if i get any stuck ramped loads...i REALLY am starting to think with this rail speed gun, that is also a major tactical pistol, since its so tight, the ammo almost has to be perfect matched ammo, for it to use right OR????? that stuff from Walmart is slight defective ammo not fallen within specs for premium shit and Walmart buys and sell that crap.

That's what I am thinking.

anyway, doc if your thinking of buying a 9 mm let me know i THINK??? i might sell mine to you if you want to buy it.
i got a ton of shit for it, and has around 4000 rounds threw it which isn't much at all really.
that's if you want to buy it. i kinda like my new hand canon more now..maybe its just the new smell...lol

well i had a blast guys, and it was fun hooking up with you homies, i noticed even in pictures it looks like i lost weight which i did...ahh yeah leaning my shit up now...lol

later homies
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:37 PM   #9
Whatsign
Summer

Sportbike: Honda F4i
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: been around a while
Whatsign FNG
your supposed to shoot shotguns at clay, silly people

Ken load your own stuff its the best way to do it.
Whatsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:50 PM   #10
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
me and a buddy are thinking about buying a press, the one he saw was like 2000g's kinda worth it though in the medium run, i go threw a LOT of ammo.

also after we shot off all the clays, that when i loaded some 3" magnum slugs, and went to town in the pit shooting shit..muhahahaha
Old 09-29-2003, 12:05 AM   #11
drbub22
More Balls Than Brains

Sportbike: 97 Yamaha Seca II XJ600
Years Riding: Three years! I'm feelin' SALTY!
How you found us: google
drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22 drbub22
Quoted
[looks like my 45 doesn't like that Walmart Winchester 100 box load of SHIT!!! i think i am going to try even though its gonna cost a shit load more, to buy a couple of RAPE your ass full price 50 box of 45 from the gun shop and shoot a few hundred and see if i get any stuck ramped loads...i REALLY am starting to think with this rail speed gun, that is also a major tactical pistol, since its so tight, the ammo almost has to be perfect matched ammo, for it to use right OR????? that stuff from Walmart is slight defective ammo not fallen within specs for premium shit and Walmart buys and sell that crap.]

Its just new and still tight. It would probably do it with premium ammo, too, untill you get 200-300 rounds through it. My Colt 1911 did the same thing (feedramp stoppage) at first. A great gunsmith told me to put 200 rounds of cheap ammo through it and it would break in and feed fine. He was right! Switch to the good stuff later. Right now it just needs fired. Go for it- you needed an excuse anyway!

Last edited by drbub22; 09-29-2003 at 12:17 AM..
drbub22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:23 AM   #12
Whatsign
Summer

Sportbike: Honda F4i
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: been around a while
Whatsign FNG
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
me and a buddy are thinking about buying a press, the one he saw was like 2000g's kinda worth it though in the medium run, i go threw a LOT of ammo.

also after we shot off all the clays, that when i loaded some 3" magnum slugs, and went to town in the pit shooting shit..muhahahaha
2k is that electric holly sh**. Must have an electronic powder dispenser. Is that a dillon? Only suggestion I have is to get a brass cleaner. Makes it easier to clean your piece when its just powder residue and not the dirt from the last place the shell hit the floor. You not talking about reloading shotgun right?

personally I have a lee

Last edited by Whatsign; 09-29-2003 at 12:26 AM..
Whatsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:25 AM   #13
Jack
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .
Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
A press is the way to go. Dillan rotary is nice for pistols. You'll find a good load your pistol likes and a good overall cartridge length that will feed well. A hell of a lot cheaper in the end too!

Honestly though, you don't need a huge rotary to start with. I used to shoot about 300 rounds of 9mm each time I'd go to the range and I pump it out on a single-arm press. My Dad has the rotary and that is sweet though, pumps out the amo very quick.

Last edited by Jack; 09-29-2003 at 08:27 AM..
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #14
Odysseys
YO MAMA

thanks guys and yeah the kind he said was a dillon (sp)?
Old 09-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #15
Kruz
Super Moderator

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Owned my ass with the 22?

I shot almost as well with my non-comp grade Ruger and a $20 scope.

I shot just as well when I tried your sweet setup.

Good times regardless
Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:47 PM   #16
Odysseys
YO MAMA

yeah ya did with my rifle, but i am STILL a better shot...hahahha
Old 09-29-2003, 03:21 PM   #17
Doc

Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Pics will be posted tonight or tomorrow

Doc

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
Old 09-29-2003, 03:22 PM   #18
Doc

Oh, I don't know about buying a 9mm. I think my first purchase will be a shotgun. Next, a .22 rifle w/ scope similar to Kruz's setup.

Thanks a ton guys!!! I had a blast!!!

Doc

Old 09-29-2003, 03:48 PM   #19
Kruz
Super Moderator

Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Handgun practice bores me....just easy to conceal.

Doc...you are on the right track witha shotgun first. Lots of places to shoot trap/skeet.

I mentioned a Remington 870(pump), but a semi (1200?) would be MUCH better for clays.

Of course the semis are more money. Ryan bought a real nice Browning Golden CLays semi for about $750. That's Ryan budget which is limitless, but you should be able to find a used Remington semi for under $350. New will run you about $600.

My 22 setup ran me about $250.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #20
Kruz
Super Moderator

Ken...
You are better shot...but who smoked you at Grattan?

It's all about practice.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:03 PM   #21
Odysseys
YO MAMA

ahh you got me there, BY 1 SECOND...lol and if i knew it was you i would have smoked ya too...hahahha just giving ya shit bro.

its all good fun in my book.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #22
The Mole

Sportbike: '01 R1
Years Riding: 10 on and off, mostly off
How you found us: ricerocket
The Mole FNG
where's this joint at? Looks like you had fun. I think the closest outdoor range by me would be racine??
The Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:51 PM   #23
Odysseys
YO MAMA

its in ottowa near starve rock.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #24
Doc

Pics are here!!!

Old 10-03-2003, 01:36 PM   #25
Doc

Let's try this again

Old 10-03-2003, 01:36 PM   #26
Doc

Old 10-03-2003, 01:39 PM   #27
Doc

Old 10-03-2003, 01:39 PM   #28
Doc

Old 10-03-2003, 01:40 PM   #29
Doc

Old 10-03-2003, 01:40 PM   #30
Doc