Cheap Track Insurance - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Track Corner > Track Talk
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

View Poll Results: Cheap Track Insurance?
Bridgestone 1 11.11%
Pirelli 4 44.44%
Metzler 2 22.22%
other 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #1
Blade Runner
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Cheap Track Insurance

Time for new track insurance? Last year's have 4 track days and several thousand of street miles on them. There is plenty of meat and I think I can nurse a few more days, but I'm not really sure I want to really risk it.

What?... You thought I was deluding my self again and asking about bike insurance on the track? Nope, but I've been riding Michillen and don't want to buy French.

So, what to buy? Bridgestone, Pirelli, Metzler? I wanted to try Metzlers, but am open and just thought I'd go fishing for comments.

Oh, what about going with a 180 vs. the stock 190 on the rear?

Thanks,

Bruce
There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
Doc

Sportbike: 2006 Lemond Zurich
Years Riding: since the age of 4
How you found us: SBN...back in the day!
Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I would definitely go w/ a 180 on the rear. You'll turn in better than w/ the 190.

As for tires, if I were to go w/ a street/track tire, it would be the M-1s. They heat up quickly even in low temps. and they have great grip. However, I chose other in your poll. I would look for race takeoffs or some 208gpa's. A race tire is going to be the best insurance for the track. You don't wear slippers to a marathon

Doc

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Hooligan
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member
Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I liked my Dunlop 207 ZR's last year and Im going to the upgraded 208ZR's this year............We'll see Easter day!
Old 04-06-2003, 09:00 PM   #4
phozed
Retired Moderator

Sportbike: 2k1 929 and 95 RS125
Years Riding: sparse few
How you found us: hallucination
phozed FNG
I've always stuck w/the 190 rear on the 929. I figured it turns in fast enough as is and I'd rather have the extra grip on the corner exits where being ham-fisted can really be painful...

I've used the Metzler M1s and think they're about the same as the Bridgestone 12SS's. They're both better than the Mich's imo...
Old 04-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
Blade Runner
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Blade Runner Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Gee, a whopping 5 votes.

Well, for those that posted... Thanks!

For the rest. PFTHAAP! Fat lot of good you are.

Doc, the good street/race tires operate well within my personal envelope. I don't think I'll go with pure race.

Steve, you know me. I roll it on, no ham fist. Heck, I'm probably... correction... way too slow in adding power if anything.

I'm still thinking M-1. I wonder if they make a 185?

Thanks boys,

Bruce
There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline   Reply With Quote