Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

anyone doing STT-Putnam next weekend?

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Lupi 
#1 ·
just checking to see if anyone is doing Putnam with STT next weekend. I signed up for both Sat and Sun. Curious if anyone else was going as I need a ride.

My track weekend this week got blown up when my truck reservation got messed up. would like to avoid a repeat of that.

#2 ·
not doing putnam...but i do a lot of stt events..will do ra for the 3 times they will be there along with probably both may and sept gingerman. Let me know if you need a ride to any of those. :) 6x12 enclosed trialer

#3 ·
Pugsly
I am probably going to at least the RA one. Your close enough that I could drive it track preped to your house and not have to worry about the cops.

#7 ·
Thanks Jack. I'd be very interested in a ride (and help) if you have the room. Been wanting to get into sports photography for a while so I'd really be interested in working something out!!! I've signed up for both days also so that isn't a problem. Just let me know as soon as you know.

Lupi:
I worked out a lot of stuff but if you haven't guessed by now my biggest problem right now is transpo. I would have been to at least Blackhawk this weekend but at the last minute my truck reservations gut messed up and I was caught without a ride to get to blackhawk or Grattan (yeah heard it got cancelled) this weekend. Would have ridden but the bike has been stripped of lights and stuff and didn't have time to put it all back on.

So I hope to do Putnam this weekend and I'm signed up for blackhawk the following. Just need to get the ride stuff taken care of until next month when I'll probably buy a truck. After the mess this weekend I'm really weary of renting again as my only means of getting to the track.

was so pissed off that I didn't take the bike out, but its ready to go

#9 ·
Travis-

That bike is looking sweet? Are you sure you want to take that to the track??? I really can't bear the thought of that beautiful bike ever touching the ground (knock on wood). I think I would cry... Regardless, it looks great and I'll see you at the track!

#10 ·
Lupi said:
Travis,
That bike looks killer...I can't wait to see it in person up close!!
Yeah, it does :)

Don't want to risk throwing it in the back of the truck again? Blackhawk doesn't have a huge hill to help, you know!

Travis sometimes decided to go extra slow and follow me around Putnam.

Chris

#12 ·
GroverSV650S
I don't mind putting it in a truck, just need to make sure that when I reserve a truck there is actually a truck for me to put the bike in!!!!:laughing

This past weekend was like that Seinfeld (SP) episode....."You know how to take the reservation but don't know how to keep the reservation......."

So just wanted to see if I could bum a ride down there before I go through the reservation thing again. I really want to get to Putham so I can reference things since I went there last year. See if anything sunk in, so to speak. That was my second ever trackday and actually pretty much the last time I rode the bike.

There was just so much info to take in and since it was the last time I've ridden I've had quite a bit of time to think back about the good and bad of that weekend. So I want to see if I'm learning yet. Also being so early in the year the conditions have a good chance of being similar, so again it would be good to reference.

My biggest problems are simple mental things which if I can figure out and get over I think I will be fine. Come blackhawk I want to run with Lupi!!!! nuthin else will do. He was the "class" of our group at Putnam so that's my current target so to speak. This past weekend would have been a warmup for that, but it didn't come off. So I really want to get to Putnam this weekend

#14 ·
TR1 said:
Come blackhawk I want to run with Lupi!!!! nuthin else will do. He was the "class" of our group at Putnam so that's my current target so to speak.
this just makes me giggle and giggle hard:laughing :laughing :laughing (not at you travis, but at lupi being the bid dog!):rofl :rofl :rofl

(by the way this is jim, seems jimgofast has been given a timeout so i will be rocky for now.) Yo adrian!!:rolleyes :twofinger :laughing :laughing

#17 ·
thanks jack.

mikdivad:
thank. obvisouly you've never seen me ride cause if you had, then you'd know not worry about me dropping it as I ride absolutely whimpy!!!!!!!:laughing besides, its just a bike and its made to be ridden so if it goes down it goes down. though i'm in no rush for that to happen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.