anyone doing STT-Putnam next weekend? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Track Corner > Track Talk
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

Old 04-03-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
TP5

TP5 This is one charmin mutha F%$ckerTP5 This is one charmin mutha F%$ckerTP5 This is one charmin mutha F%$cker
anyone doing STT-Putnam next weekend?

just checking to see if anyone is doing Putnam with STT next weekend. I signed up for both Sat and Sun. Curious if anyone else was going as I need a ride.

My track weekend this week got blown up when my truck reservation got messed up. would like to avoid a repeat of that.
TP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Pugsly
Man with Big Hose

Sportbike: '01 Track only GSXR 600. No more street riding :(
Years Riding: Pick a number between 1 and 10? Opps now 1 and 11
How you found us: Champ91 in 2002
Pugsly FNG
not doing putnam...but i do a lot of stt events..will do ra for the 3 times they will be there along with probably both may and sept gingerman. Let me know if you need a ride to any of those. 6x12 enclosed trialer
CCS #414
PARTS411.COM
Lockhart Phillips USA

NESBA #414 Advanced
2001 GSXR 600
Pugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:24 PM   #3
rdrash
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all
rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!rdrash Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Pugsly
I am probably going to at least the RA one. Your close enough that I could drive it track preped to your house and not have to worry about the cops.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
rdrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 02:53 PM   #4
TP5

TP5 This is one charmin mutha F%$ckerTP5 This is one charmin mutha F%$ckerTP5 This is one charmin mutha F%$cker
thanks for the offer. might have to take you up on it!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:37 PM   #5
Lupi
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91
Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by TP5
thanks for the offer. might have to take you up on it!!!!!
Travis,
How's your track schedule shaping up? At the bike show you mentioned you might have had a few hiccups in your schedule. What have you hit so far, and when are you going to post some pics of the paint job??
Caio,
Lupi
Lupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 04:36 PM   #6
Jack
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .
Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I'll be there both days. I'll be doing the photos for the event and riding a little. My brother is going to let me know tonight whether he's going. If he isn't, I'll need to find someone to help and/or ride with.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
TP5

Thanks Jack. I'd be very interested in a ride (and help) if you have the room. Been wanting to get into sports photography for a while so I'd really be interested in working something out!!! I've signed up for both days also so that isn't a problem. Just let me know as soon as you know.

Lupi:
I worked out a lot of stuff but if you haven't guessed by now my biggest problem right now is transpo. I would have been to at least Blackhawk this weekend but at the last minute my truck reservations gut messed up and I was caught without a ride to get to blackhawk or Grattan (yeah heard it got cancelled) this weekend. Would have ridden but the bike has been stripped of lights and stuff and didn't have time to put it all back on.

So I hope to do Putnam this weekend and I'm signed up for blackhawk the following. Just need to get the ride stuff taken care of until next month when I'll probably buy a truck. After the mess this weekend I'm really weary of renting again as my only means of getting to the track.

was so pissed off that I didn't take the bike out, but its ready to go
Old 04-07-2003, 10:25 PM   #8
Jack
habitual line stepper

Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jack Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Looks like my brother is going to come. I get my chocks for the trailer tomorrow, I'm not sure I'll be able to get three bikes in. I'll figure it out tomorrow and let you know.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:32 PM   #9
mikdivad
Must... brake... later...

Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha R6 in Race Trim
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: member
mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!mikdivad Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Travis-

That bike is looking sweet? Are you sure you want to take that to the track??? I really can't bear the thought of that beautiful bike ever touching the ground (knock on wood). I think I would cry... Regardless, it looks great and I'll see you at the track!
mikdivad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 03:09 PM   #10
Grover
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupi
Travis,
That bike looks killer...I can't wait to see it in person up close!!
Yeah, it does

Don't want to risk throwing it in the back of the truck again? Blackhawk doesn't have a huge hill to help, you know!

Travis sometimes decided to go extra slow and follow me around Putnam.

Chris
NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #11
Grover
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN
Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grover Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!

Okay this is weird. How did my reply to Rob's post get placed ABOVE his?
NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:17 PM   #12
TR1

TR1 This is one charmin mutha F%$ckerTR1 This is one charmin mutha F%$cker
GroverSV650S
I don't mind putting it in a truck, just need to make sure that when I reserve a truck there is actually a truck for me to put the bike in!!!!

This past weekend was like that Seinfeld (SP) episode....."You know how to take the reservation but don't know how to keep the reservation......."

So just wanted to see if I could bum a ride down there before I go through the reservation thing again. I really want to get to Putham so I can reference things since I went there last year. See if anything sunk in, so to speak. That was my second ever trackday and actually pretty much the last time I rode the bike.

There was just so much info to take in and since it was the last time I've ridden I've had quite a bit of time to think back about the good and bad of that weekend. So I want to see if I'm learning yet. Also being so early in the year the conditions have a good chance of being similar, so again it would be good to reference.

My biggest problems are simple mental things which if I can figure out and get over I think I will be fine. Come blackhawk I want to run with Lupi!!!! nuthin else will do. He was the "class" of our group at Putnam so that's my current target so to speak. This past weekend would have been a warmup for that, but it didn't come off. So I really want to get to Putnam this weekend
TR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:57 PM   #13
Jack
habitual line stepper

I got the chocks and I'm going to go install them now.

Where are you located?

e-mail me at jackb@sliderphoto.com
Old 04-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #14
rocky
is this thing on?

Sportbike: aprillia rs50
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: by the stench
rocky FNG
Quote:
Originally posted by TR1
Come blackhawk I want to run with Lupi!!!! nuthin else will do. He was the "class" of our group at Putnam so that's my current target so to speak.
this just makes me giggle and giggle hard (not at you travis, but at lupi being the bid dog!)

(by the way this is jim, seems jimgofast has been given a timeout so i will be rocky for now.) Yo adrian!!
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:14 PM   #15
CRAZe Inc
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?
CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CRAZe Inc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Good god, Agusta drooooool
CRAZe Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #16
TR1

TR1 This is one charmin mutha F%$ckerTR1 This is one charmin mutha F%$cker
Jack sent you an email. thanks

GroverSV650S i think you broke my thread!!!!
TR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:50 AM   #17
TP5

thanks jack.

mikdivad:
thank. obvisouly you've never seen me ride cause if you had, then you'd know not worry about me dropping it as I ride absolutely whimpy!!!!!!! besides, its just a bike and its made to be ridden so if it goes down it goes down. though i'm in no rush for that to happen
Old 04-09-2003, 05:59 AM   #18
Lupi
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91
Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lupi Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Travis,
That bike looks killer...I can't wait to see it in person up close!!
Lupi is offline   Reply With Quote