Indoor range for .308? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Non-moto related Hobbies > Weapons & Hunters Corner
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Old 12-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
***BJ***
Playground legend

Sportbike: 92 ZX-7 - Sold
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: Google
***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ***
Indoor range for .308?

Just picked up a .308 FN/FAL and many ranges won't allow that caliber. Any around here that will? I usually go to GAT up in Elgin, but any "bigger" round is typically . Preferably indoor. I know we can go to Ottawa during the summer but I want to sight it in before then.

Thanks.
***BJ*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
HDTony
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Call J.R shooting sports in aurora. I believe they said that would be fine last time I talked to them.

http://www.jrshootingsports.com/

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:48 PM   #3
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
j.r. has an indoor 100y range?

if thats the one i went to i dont think so.

and i dont think any indoor range will let you shoot anything L.R. past a 22. the back stops have to be able to stop it, and if you guys dont know ballastics of a 308. ya better learn

but if ya find anything out let me know.
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:51 PM   #4
***BJ***
Playground legend

***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ*** ***BJ***
Thats what I am talking about. We need to find a nice range for the high-caliber folks. ...And put together another group shoot.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:53 PM   #5
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
i dont know of any indoor highpower rifle round places homie.
i wish i did, i would be there right now.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #6
***BJ***
Playground legend

Guess I'll be sighting it in this summer in the great outdoors!
Old 12-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #7
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
we need to find a farmer around here that will let us set up in his fields against a hill or something. Everyone drops him $10 or something.

Shooting in the cold is better than shooting in 90 degree heat to me

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
2weelpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:19 PM   #8
HDTony
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
J.r is 75 ft ,ax range and if I remeber correctly the largest allowed is 30-06

They had no problem with me shooting my 12 gauge in there.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #9
BanditCPA

Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!BanditCPA Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Bass Pro Shops has a 25 yard range upstairs and allows Long Gun, but it's a hike to Gurnee
Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
BanditCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #10
Odysseys
YO MAMA

a federal slug thats a 3inch shell with 1 1/4 once head @100yards is around 1130fps and 1540foot pound, (now you see why i like my shot gun!) but it is a blunt projectile.

308. @ 100YARDS 2411 fps and 2168 foot pounds.

now you tell me which do you think would cause more damage?

ill call and ask, but why bother at a range of 75 feet, waste of ammo and time if you ask me

Last edited by Odysseys; 12-18-2003 at 05:52 PM..
Old 12-18-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
Odysseys
YO MAMA

ok called them, you can shoot slugs or LEAD shot, for a shot gun,

and rifle up to 30-06

but again 75foot range is a waste of time, even for a 22.