Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

UFC talk

28K views 612 replies 27 participants last post by  Cerk 
#1 ·
Anyone watch the debut last night? 2 hours of really excellent fights. This season had very little pub, I didn't even realized it started last night...the DVR caught it.

Kind of nice to see the highly touted little brothers of Chase Beebe and Cole Miller get bounced. That Beebe kid seems decent enough so I wasn't really rooting against him, but Micah Miller came off as really full of himself...I had no problem seeing him get worked.

It's going to be a really good season, high quality fighters. Despite the fact that half of them look like oompa loompas:laughing

#4 ·
I think because they're new classes to UFC, you're getting a lot of experienced high level guys that just haven't had the opportunity to fight in the UFC before.

I watched -- some good stuff last night.

Yeah, youre right, Miller really got his ass handed to him by a fighter that didnt even seem to be confident.
That was a great part of the show, Mayhem called it...don't ever count anyone out in this game. Good stuff.

#11 ·
My favorite fight has to be the one with the kid who just would not go down. He kept getting blasted with hard punches to the jaw over and over and would not quit. You could tell he was dazed, but definitely not out. Even though he was beaten convincingly that is one tough dude. This is going to be a great season.

#23 · (Edited)
Jens seems like he'd be a cool guy to hang out with
isn't he fighting again? I thought I read something about him doing some regional events.

edit - guess he isn't retired after all.... 5 fights since he left WEC

Win Coty Wheeler TKO (Punches) MMA Fight Pit - Genesis 8/13/2011 2 1:59
Loss Brian Davidson Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) TFC 18 - Titan Fighting Championship 18 5/27/2011 1 4:04
Win Wade Choate Decision (Split) CCC - Chicago Cagefighting Championship 3/5/2011 3 5:00
Win Mike Lindquist Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) XFO - Xtreme Fighting Organization 38 1/22/2011 1 0:49
Loss Diego Garijo Submission (Guillotine Choke) Powerhouse World Promotions - War on the Mainland 8/14/2010 1 1:08

#24 ·
Ha, I like tonights fight. The little guy is too stupid to know you never pick a fight with a guy that has crazy eyes, and that Bedford dude has super crazy eyes. Predictable result. Bisping is a shit coach and Miller I like more every day

#25 ·
Haha, yeah if I was Miller I'd just say "Hendo" every time Bisbing opened his mouth...of course, Miller doesn't seem to need any help in fucking with people:laughing

+1 on Bedford crazy eyes. It's a good thing that dude has fighting for an outlet.

#26 ·
I initially wanted the little leprechaun to get his face pushed in but he was a scrapper in his standup.

Johnny better learn to keep his hands up or someone w just a little power will knock him out crazy eyes and all.

How the F did Bisping get back on the show? He was and still is a horrible coach and fighter.

#38 ·
don't know why, but I never liked Condit. he definitely comes to fight though. I was happy to see him lose to Kampmann, and I thought Ellenberger beat him too. I think GSP would have won via 5 rounds of dominat top control and g'n'p

BJ vs Diaz should be good though....
too bad Diaz is a headcase, cause I think GSP vs Diaz could have been really interesting.

#34 ·
Yeah no shit...that dude didn't show much at all in that fight for a guy that purports himself to be the best there.

Bisbing isn't much better...he's one of those guys that acts like a complete clown, and then when he's responded to in kind he accuses the other guy of being the clown and asks them to control themselves:laughing

Neither one of those two looked very good for all the hype.

#36 ·
I still think Neace is the better fighter...I don't know what the hell he was thinking throwing that back kick that wound up getting him taken down in the first round. Akira blows on the ground. Neace tried to take him down ONCE for real, and got it done. I don't know what he was thinking.

#39 ·
I always thought that Condit is one of those guys that's lucky the UFC and MMA exists...I have a sneaking suspicion that dude would be behind bars were it not for this particular outlet:laughing

...and yeah, Akira clearly tapped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.