Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Eva Grzegorczyk - RIP - Info thread.

43K views 222 replies 183 participants last post by  Clacquam 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am typing this message.

Early this evening Eva (djdiva) had a motorcycle accident, and she has passed away. :(

I'm not really sure what to say or even do right now. I am at a complete loss.

Baby, I will Love You forever, and you will always be in my heart!

UPDATE: By Troy 03/27/2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot thank everyone enough for all of your help, prayers, and kind words. They are all so very apprecated and have made this very difficult time somewhat more bearable.

Times are now set.

Visitation: 3:00pm to 9:00pm Friday, March 30, 2012 at Wolniak Funeral Home
Funeral Service: 9:45am March 31, 2012 at Wolniak Funeral Home
Mass of Christian Burial: 10:30am March 31, 2012 at Five Holy Martyrs Church 4327 S. Richmond, Chicago IL
Interment: April ?, 2012 at Cedzyna, Poland

Her parents have decided to have Eva brought back to Poland for the burial.

http://www.wolniakfuneralhome.com/ob...lay.php?ID=865

I realize some people have other obligations, but I would like to encourage anyone that wants to attend, to do so.

Her parents did not know about, nor do they understand the extended family that she has here. Her Parents and an Uncle were the only family she has in the US. Her parents speak very little English and do not have a computer. I think it could really help them to see how many friends she truly had and how she was loved.

I would also like to encourage those attending to consider bringing a picture or two that has been developed. The Funeral Home will have a board up for pictures. They can display digital pictures burned to disc as well, so if anyone has digital pictures to share, please send them to me somehow. Even if they aren't displayed at the services I want to have them. Posting, e-mailing, or linking will all work.

Out of respect for the family, it is requested that this be a non-motorcycle event.

Troy said:
Absolutely. Her parents would be highly offended if anyone rode to the services.

While I fully understand and appreciate such a jesture, please avoid riding there at all costs. If riding is your only means of attending, please post up. We'll get you there somehow.
We are taking donations for the family to help offset the costs:

Evil Twin said:
If you'd like to send some $$ for the Family you can PayPal it to me at shellygora @ gmail.com

See less See more
#207 · (Edited)
Eva was one of the most truly amazing people I ever had the chance to know. She was a pure and kindred spirit, and I will forever be better for having had the chance to love her.

She had a rare passion for life that would not be subdued, and lived life to it's fullest in every possible way.

She will always have a special place in my heart and I will keep her alive forever with fond memories of the great times we shared.

While I miss her more than words can convey, I take solace in knowing she left this world doing something she loved and did not suffer when it was her turn to say goodbye.

Godspeed my dear Eva.

Attachments

#210 · (Edited)
It still amazes me when all of us come together when something tragic like this happens, really shows what kind of community/family we have here ;)

With the money that was collected we got 2 floral arrangements, presented the family with a very generous check and will also be purchasing and placing a roadside memorial at the site. More info to come on that. Ursula also took up a collection and is making a donation to ABATE in Eva's name.

A huge thanks to everyone again, I received many donations and didn't know all the names. So I know Troy, her family and all her friends appreciate this more than you know.

:rip:

#213 ·
These are some pictures of us "celebrating Eva's life" after the viewing....just as she would have wanted us to.

There were twice as many people there, but we didn't get a chance to take the picture until a lot of people had left already

Tom & Jim had their own thing going on!

And then there's Steve!

This table was completely full of buckets, bottles and glasses

So Nick DOES clean up nicely!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.