Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Newest Member(s) of our family!

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  FiReBReTHa 
#1 ·
Well as much as we were told not to go with such a high energy dog, we picked up a german shorthaired pointer on September 9th. We had a hard time deciding between him and one of his litter mates, but decided we liked his white heart on his nose so he was the one who got to go home with us. His name is Napa:

Well we enjoyed having him around so much that we decided to make a wild decision and see if his other brother was still available that we were deciding on. The breeder said he was still available and we went and picked him up a week later. Napa's brother is now named Sonoma. So now we have two little bundles of joy, who constantly fight with eachother and are possibly two of the cutest puppies I've ever seen. On top of that, they are quite the handful which would explain why I've listed my bike for sale. Anyways, here they are:

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool dogs.

I know a lot of people that have dogs and still ride...

#4 ·
I'm sure most of them do, but I also am taking grad classes and as of right now it's a very expensive space killer in my garage, haha!

Wait till they get older. Very high energy and they can run for hours lol.
Yeah, they did their first 5K run/walk last weekend at 9 weeks old. They ran and pulled the entire way, took their 30 min power nap and were back to wrestling by the time we got home.

#10 ·
The breeder said he was still available and we went and picked him up a week later. Napa's brother is now named Sonoma. So now we have two little bundles of joy, who constantly fight with eachother and are possibly two of the cutest puppies I've ever seen. On top of that, they are quite the handful which would explain why I've listed my bike for sale.
I dont think he got both of them.
Reading is fundamental. I know it passed the 3 line mark for clsb, lol

#11 ·
Having 2 puppies makes things very difficult for training, but it sounds like you're well aware of what you're in for. Plus who can say no to those eyes!? I'm sure they'll be awesome dogs. Like everyone else here said make sure you keep up with their training. It's not too early to get them into a puppy class right now even. Have fun with them!
When I had my first puppy I remember wanting to pull my hair out after he pooped in his cage twice in one night and rolled in it both times. They're a lot of work but the reward more than makes up for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.