Protecting/covering my case covers? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Track Corner > Track Talk
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #1
Kruz
Super Moderator

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Protecting/covering my case covers?

Is there a recommended way to do this? I've seen everything from snap on covers to weld jobs. I just want to protect mine from further scratches. Thoughts
Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
Meulen
Super Moderator

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Re: Protecting/covering my case covers?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Is there a recommended way to do this? I've seen everything from snap on covers to weld jobs. I just want to protect mine from further scratches. Thoughts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
how about..................don't wreck

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
Kruz
Super Moderator

Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!

When you bringing that R1 and those "riding lessons" out to the track.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
Meulen
Super Moderator

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:

When you bringing that R1 and those "riding lessons" out to the track.

When I get another bike that I don't care about scratchn'

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 03:35 PM   #5
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
talk to jim at 4&6 they can get billete case covers with built in sliders...ASSUME stuff
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 04:47 PM   #6
Doc

Sportbike: 2006 Lemond Zurich
Years Riding: since the age of 4
How you found us: SBN...back in the day!
Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Just spring for some NRC covers. I know for the left and right side they are like $189 for the R6.

Doc

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Kruz
Super Moderator

Sure $189...no problem

I'm glad I have a money tree out back.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:58 PM   #8
vtr996
Beep Beep Richie

Sportbike: 1990 HawkGT & 99 R6
Years Riding: still learning...
How you found us: icq
vtr996 FNG
Quote:
I'm glad I have a money tree out back.
A wise man once told me "Money DOES grow on trees, you just need to plant the right ones..."

A: Always, yes.
vtr996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:08 PM   #9
Kruz
Super Moderator

Mark...
Aren't you the one always complaining about no cash...

jk bro
Old 07-11-2002, 06:01 PM   #10
Champ91
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
You could cover up the scratches with a cover cheaply, but it would get roached if you go down again. You could replace with the billet covers. Heavy duty and protect well, little pricey. Are you looking for protection, or looks. Personally, as long as it wasn't damaged, only cosmetic, I would get the covers. If it was damaged and had to be replaced, I would get the HD billet covers.
Champ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:37 PM   #11
Kruz
Super Moderator

You mean you can't make me some Pete...

The scratches are nothing...just thinking down the road in case I go down again.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:19 PM   #12
cherrypicker
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: 2001 ZX9R
Years Riding: 4th season
How you found us: Ken is my gay lover
cherrypicker FNG
Have Pete get you some of that Delron material he makes sliders out of, cut it into blocks, shape one side ot fit the countours of you covers, then get some really strong epoxy and glue it on.
cherrypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 11:31 PM   #13
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell
Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
give pete your bike, pete heat up that stuff and poor it over his bike, bike protected!!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:36 AM   #14
Champ91
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Champ91 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Even Better. Give me your bike. Seems I dont crash. Anymore.
Champ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 10:04 AM   #15
Kruz
Super Moderator

You just jinxed yourself
Old 07-15-2002, 10:07 PM   #16
Doc

Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Hey, I don't know if this will work, but I thought I would let you know about it. I was at Lowe's this weekend and in the paint department by all the caulk and tape there was this liquid shit that turns to rubber...like on your wrenches. Well, it came in black, red, and yellow. I didn't read much about it, but it's worth a try. I might try it on my old oil pump cover as a test.

Doc

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
Old 07-15-2002, 10:12 PM   #17
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
that stuff will rip right off if you down the bike...if it doesnt jus slideeeee off after a while from the heat
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:19 PM   #18
vtr996
Beep Beep Richie

Sportbike: 1990 HawkGT & 99 R6
Years Riding: still learning...
How you found us: icq
vtr996 FNG
the only "mod" I've seen to stock case covers to make them more durable was on a CBR929 out at Grattan. He had 1/8" plate welded to the sidecover... THAT would protect it...but it doesn't look to pretty.

A: Always, yes.
vtr996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:22 PM   #19
Doc

Just to clarify. I did JB weld the old oil pump cover. I wasn't just going to throw the plastic shit on and hope for the best.

Doc

Old 07-16-2002, 11:30 AM   #20
OmniGLH
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it
OmniGLH FNG
Woodcraft makes a set of case covers that have replaceable steel inserts in them. I have them on my Gixxer.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/