American made? Goldwing VS Harley - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Open Topic Discussions > General Cruiser Discussion
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

General Cruiser Discussion This is a forum for all you Cruiser owners in the chicagoland area. We dont discriminate here at CLSB.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
American made? Goldwing VS Harley

just felt like starting some talk.

to me both bikes are made in the USA by amercian workers.

both bikes are made with forien parts to some degreee.

so does the claim BUY AMERCIAN slander towards a goldwing stand true?

i dont think so, whats your thoughts?
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
HDTony
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
When I had my valkyrie and someone gave me shit about it I just pointed to the big "Made in the USA" stamp on the side of the motor and they usually shut up.

The jap touring bikes are all built here by American workers which employs even more American workers via vendors to those plants, suppliers, support people such HVAC, repair technicians, electricians, engineers toll and die guys, machinists and so on and so on. like it or not Honda is a huge part of this countries economy. And thats not even including all the dealer network and all its people and the people that support it. But because the companies headquarters is over seas it will never be a truly be considered an American made bike.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
Grasshopper

Sportbike: Slow
Years Riding: all of them
How you found us: a real person
Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
For the Goldwing, Engineered in Japan, Assembled in America. Highly refined peice of machinary.

For the Harley, Engineered in America, misc. parts bought all over the world, assembled in America. Old fashioned tractor technology, still cool, but very outdated technology. The motor that is.

"MADE" is too vague of a word.

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
www.sportbiketracktime.com
Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Vcook
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!
Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Vcook Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
"buy american" these days pretty much refers to the location of the company itself since almost nothing is made entirely in america anymore.

personally when people say it I think they're idiots.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
Arch
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear
Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
No, and personally, I didn't think it ever did.

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
good peice of economics, but i asked if harley was anymore american then a goldwing.

for tony
Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
Grasshopper

Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Grasshopper Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
What if all the parts are "Made" overseas and it is assembled in America. Is that made in America?

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
Arch
Irony helps us play!

Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Arch Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
He said BUY not MADE

Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
HDTony
Administrator

How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook
"buy american" these days pretty much refers to the location of the company itself since almost nothing is made entirely in america anymore.
+1

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

Old 07-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
clearwaterms
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com
clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
here are my thoughts, as I have had this discussion with people only car related and not motorcycle

example, the chevrolet camaro was made in mexico, but the camry is made in america. How can a camaro driver say his car was made in america, but the camry is jap crap?

here are my thoughts. first off, most people will use that arguement to bolster the confidence in there purchase choice, for example. If you bought a harley, and need to justify it, one justification is american made. Secondly, with the exception of the brand loyalist's, I truely believe that fewer and fewer people actually choose a particular brand based on where its made anymore. People want an image / style / performance characteristic / want to fit into a specific group of people, etc. They make there purchase for any combination of those and 100's of other reasons.

Now for those that do want to help the american economy, I believe there are two different ways to help the american economy. The democratic way, by making your purchase based on where the labor was made, or the republican theory of giving your money to the country for which that company calls home. If you purchase a vehicle that is made in america, you are helping the american people, by doing your part to ensure that who ever built your bike contines to have work. If you purchase a bike made in america that has it's dollars go home to another country, then please remember that you are helping the stock holders, some of which are american. In the end i truely think it's foolish to purchase based on where it's made or where it's designed. if its a quality product that fits your needs buy it, enjoy it, and stop trying to justify it...

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
clearwaterms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #11
ChgoRRGuy
AKA..... Dan

Sportbike: '06 CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Just a nOob
How you found us: Google...duh
ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!ChgoRRGuy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
In today's global economy, there is no true "American Made" anymore. 99% of goods are made either with Foreign labor, or foreign parts. With competition among comparables fierce, American labor and manufacturing over the last decade and a half adopted more European and Japanese standards of manufacturing. With the higher quality controls that have made those firms top in their fields. Buying foreign goods still has a positive effect on our economy, from tariffs to labor. Think how many japanese cars are manufactured using American labor? When Nissan built its first plant in Alabama, their sales in this country shot over 30%, the same true with BMW in South Carolina. Harley has had a extremely tough time selling in foreign countries, because American Made has meant lower quality for decades. With Harley changing its tune it has increased sales and its stock has never been more solid, to say nothing for the old joke about following your oil droppings home joke. Basically the "Buy American or else" mentality is obsolete and ignorant. My 2 cents.
NESBA #79

Last edited by ChgoRRGuy; 07-10-2006 at 03:53 PM..
ChgoRRGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
Arch
Irony helps us play!

'American' slant can also be put on materials that are made overseas.. like SaiPan, where perpetual indentured servitude and slavery type practices help produce the stuff that says Made in USA.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Odysseys
YO MAMA

so since honda main office is in japan

my bike is not american?

and a harley with its main office in "????? wisc" is american?

to me when some dumb ass shouts BUY AMERCIAN while yelling to a jap bike, i am thinking he is trying to mean support americans and keep the money in the usa to support american made jobs. "to me anyway"

so personally i think when i bought my goldwing with honda corp, i just helped out more american jobs then harley corp.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
Arch
Irony helps us play!

If you bought it here you're helping the local shop stay in business. That's about as American as you get.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #15
whiteSeatEnvy
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.
whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!whiteSeatEnvy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
"Made in America" "Buy American" is just marketing/sales. it is a made up "feature" that has exagerated benefits and superficial advantages.
"includes 10 used-car dealers or auto repair shops, 11 liquor stores and bars--two of which advertise lingerie fashion shows and a third billed as a "gentlemen's club"--three cut-rate motels and one trailer park. The squat, brick municipal building is next to a currency exchange and a few steps from an adult video store. The bars open at 10 a.m. and close at 6:30 a.m."

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Something must be fishy...I am going to go poke around in the back end..

Last edited by whiteSeatEnvy; 07-10-2006 at 04:01 PM..
whiteSeatEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #16
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys
good peice of economics, but i asked if harley was anymore american then a goldwing.

for tony
Yes, mainly because a huge portion of the American people consider the Harley Davidson brand a symbol of America. Its the a wildly successful American company that has been around for over 100 years, and people from all around the world see it rank it up there with Mom, apple pie and baseball as American symbols.

yes a lot of it is marketing genius, but they have a loyal following that has become a lifestyle. think about that dealer we stopped at up north, like vcook was saying, how often do you see a group of people just come up to a Honda dealer to cook out on the grill on a rainy morning when there is no special event going on. It's a way of life for people and I feel that's what makes it so uniquely American.

- Ronald Reagan

Old 07-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #17
Arch
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
yes a lot of it is marketing genius, but they have a loyal following that has become a lifestyle. think about that dealer we stopped at up north, like vcook was saying, how often do you see a group of people just come up to a Honda dealer to cook out on the grill on a rainy morning when there is no special event going on. It's a way of life for people and I feel that's what makes it so uniquely American.
Uh, Honda owners have homes and know where public parks are?

Old 07-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #18
Grasshopper

Did some biker guy yell at you while you were riding your wing ken?

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
Old 07-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #19
clearwaterms
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com
clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!clearwaterms Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper

actually,

I think it was a retarded kid thinking Ken was his ride to school

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
clearwaterms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #20
Phily-D
Curb your dogma.

Sportbike: another Honda:)
Years Riding: little while now....
How you found us: BusaDave
Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Phily-D Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms
actually,

Old 07-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #21
Paladin
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers
Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Paladin Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
As long as it is sold in America it is added to GDP and that is good. The buggest complaint is if it Union made or not. There was a big todo when our former Union President bought a Saab. Even though they are owned by GM and made in America I think it is non-union. That is the difference for some people.

Just an explanation not anti or pro union in any way.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #22
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper

no, i am just wanted to bring up a new topic.

but this time its goldwing vs harley in the buy american sense with all the forien crap in both of them.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #23
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Quote:
actually,

i hope your leg continues to hurt
Old 07-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #24
Grasshopper

You know whats cool?!?!

I was in Japan ealier this year, and I bought Rachel a Harley Davidson of Japan T-shirt.

Kick ass eh?

Nick
STT Staff
Midwest Division
Old 07-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #25
Underdog

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .
Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Underdog Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I buy used - from Americans.

It's the only way to be sure!

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #26
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Bug Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Tough topic and one that I think can go either way - The sad factor of this is that no matter what point or counterpoint this may raise, the fact is that HD carries the stigma of the old Stars and Stripes and Honda is just another Jap company - While the layers once peeled may show otherwise, we live in a very harsh and quick to judge world so I woud think that the average John Q Public would tend to think the same

Good Topic Ken - I gotta drop deuce now!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #27
CHeYeNNe
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends
CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!CHeYeNNe Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
actually,

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
CHeYeNNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #28
HDTony
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
As long as it is sold in America it is added to GDP and that is good. The buggest complaint is if it Union made or not. There was a big todo when our former Union President bought a Saab. Even though they are owned by GM and made in America I think it is non-union. That is the difference for some people.

Just an explanation not anti or pro union in any way.
Yup, the union issue is a big part of it. I know my tundra for example is made in america down in southern Indiana. but its a non union shop. I would never dream of parking it in the lot of a union hall if I had to go there. it woulds get burned regaurdless of where it was made.

- Ronald Reagan

Old 07-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #29
Dirtbiker

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN
Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Dirtbiker Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteSeatEnvy
"Made in America" "Buy American" is just marketing/sales. it is a made up "feature" that has exagerated benefits and superficial advantages.

+1

Sam Walton was the one who started that shit in the early-mid 80's.

Print a US flag on a Indonesian tshirt + sell under sign that says made in America= $$
Dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #30
YZFRob
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!YZFRob Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
example, the chevrolet camaro was made in mexico, but the camry is made in america. How can a camaro driver say his car was made in america, but the camry is jap crap?

Actually the camaro was only made in Canada since 82. GM wasnt allowed to build it anywhere but a canadian assembly plant until the contract with the CAW expires in 2007. Cant even use the name Camaro until after 2007.
YZFRob is offline   Reply With Quote