Race skins paint - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Track Corner > Track Talk
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Track Talk This forum is all about discussing riding and setup tips for different types of racetracks. As well as discussion about the local racing scene.

Old 03-14-2003, 08:58 PM   #1
Kruz
Super Moderator

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me
Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Race skins paint

Whatcha all think....? Just an idea.....I like silver yellow and black
Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2003, 09:42 PM   #2
ricerocket
(no comment)

Sportbike: 98 YZF-R1, 2004 FJR1300
Years Riding: since 95
How you found us: Stumbled in
ricerocket FNG
I hope you didn't pay the painter much. He couldn't even keep it inside the lines.

ricerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
honestly..looks like shit with that color combo.

if anything..a metallic crome yellow, with a high content silver. even then the combo looks better but still yukky
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
Kruz
Super Moderator

Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Kruz Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
My second choice was Kaw purple

To keep it simple, I think I will just go all silver and just slap some yellow vinyl stickers on the nose and tail for plate backgrounds.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #5
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
why not just have it look just like OEM but yet with race skins?

just a thought.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:08 PM   #6
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell
Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
hey kruz i think he has some of my paint left, if you really want to be cool!
Old 03-14-2003, 10:22 PM   #7
Kruz
Super Moderator

Not to knock your yellow, but its not bright enough for what I am looking for.

I could go OEM, but thats what Fred the CR did.

I am looking more for the motoGP look.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:23 AM   #8
Brian
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Daytona 675
Years Riding: fucking up peoples lives since 1986
How you found us: SBN
Brian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be bannedBrian is most likely about to be banned
Re: Race skins paint

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Whatcha all think....? Just an idea.....I like silver yellow and black
I would have the silver over the yellow in front, and carry the yellow over to the tail, that way, the front fender will match too.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 12:56 PM   #9
VIVID1
Ducatistanna

Sportbike: ST3, 954RR, XT225
Years Riding: 10+
How you found us: Tony
VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
John, are you trying to make your F4i look more like mine?

I can't believe this, first you get the same bike, same Leo Vince hi-mount and now you are going to paint it yellow?

J/K............. I like yellow/silver combo.... I was thinking about that myself, but in reverse basically, whatever you would paint yellow, I would paint silver.... wouldn't that be funny

I like this design here, only paint everything thats blue, silver to match the wings.

BLOG:excessivelocity.blogspot.com

VIVID1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #10
Kruz
Super Moderator

OK forget the yellow....Anna likes it too much.
Im surprised she didn't run out and get an RC51.

At this point I am thinking all silver with white vinyl number plates.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:13 PM   #11
Jim
Tgf Og

Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Jim Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
a solid silver is a little boring, pick something with a little spice will ya make yourself a little visable to the camera guy!!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #12
VIVID1
Ducatistanna

Sportbike: ST3, 954RR, XT225
Years Riding: 10+
How you found us: Tony
VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!VIVID1 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I really like this design and color combo... but for you... how about black, sliver and red? like the RC

BLOG:excessivelocity.blogspot.com

VIVID1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #13
Kruz
Super Moderator

I can't find the McDonalds's sponsor on that last picture? I despise red; especially paired with yellow.

Jim made a good point...I need to tie in the black on the tank...Im going to stick with silver and black with white number plates.

Silver upper, black lower, and silver tail.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:34 PM   #14
Jim
Tgf Og

Quote:
I can't find the McDonalds's sponsor on that last picture? I despise red; especially paired with yellow.

Jim made a good point...I need to tie in the black on the tank...Im going to stick with silver and black with white number plates.

Silver upper, black lower, and silver tail.
is this your final answer??? is so i will go mark your panels. let me know!!
by the way jeff is upset you did not bring your tank!! told ya so you may want to bring that out to me
Old 03-17-2003, 12:28 PM   #15
Kruz
Super Moderator

I sent ya a PM
Old 03-17-2003, 02:15 PM   #16
lovebothkats
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: YZ450F, Husky SMR450
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I think you better accomodate the yellow number plates. Little presumptious to assume you'll be using white isn't it?

Just bustin your chops Kruz!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:32 PM   #17
Odysseys
YO MAMA

hey john...jeff is painting your skins?

if so..jeff make sure ya do a good job..john is anal
Old 03-17-2003, 02:46 PM   #18
Kruz
Super Moderator

Dave...Im not one to mess around in Amateur. I figure I'd just jump right into Expert.

Ken...
Jeff is not painting my skins.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:04 PM   #19
lovebothkats
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: YZ450F, Husky SMR450
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!
lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!lovebothkats Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Dave...Im not one to mess around in Amateur. I figure I'd just jump right into Expert.

Ken...
Jeff is not painting my skins.
Is that an option? I thought you had to have a certain amount of experience before going into expert.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #20
Doc

Sportbike: 2006 Lemond Zurich
Years Riding: since the age of 4
How you found us: SBN...back in the day!
Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Doc Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Well, if you do it yourself, I've had some success with using a brush on plastic primer, krylon, and a spray clear coat. That's what I am going to do with mine and if I pick up an extra tank.

Doc

"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life."-Darwin
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 04:52 PM   #21
Kruz
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is that an option?
Im that good