New to me toy - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Non-moto related Hobbies > Weapons & Hunters Corner
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Old 03-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
Meulen
Super Moderator

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN
Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
New to me toy

I was out to dinner with my Grandpa today (not the one from MI who hunts all the time) and got to talking about guns. Turns out he had an old Sears 12ga in his cloeset he hasn't used in years. Long story short, when he found out how into guns I was he thought I'd like to have it since he didn't have use for it anymore.

I'm still going to get that stoeger cause I loved shootn' that thing so much, but I guess I won't be in too much of a hurry now.

here she is....my new toy

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
cool was this the one you were hoping to get at some point?

also too that shotgun doesnt look like its gonna fit in the case, unless its the picture playing tricks on me.
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
Meulen
Super Moderator

Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Meulen Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
BTW Galayans (sp?) has those cases on sale for $8 a piece!!!!

I picked up two of them along with a bunch of new cleaning supplies I needed. Couldn't beat that price for a decent case to toss around.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys

also too that shotgun doesnt look like its gonna fit in the case, unless its the picture playing tricks on me.
No....actually I got that one too. My other grandpa gave it to me. So I got two 12ga's now. One is a single shot break away though.

The gun barely fits in the case at the right angle. I saw an alluminum case up at Galayans I think I'm going to pick up when I see it go on sale. It's a little longer and will probably fit these long shot guns a little better.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-28-2004, 11:30 PM   #5
HDTony
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!HDTony Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Very cool. Ya I want to find a nice case for my Remington. I've got one for the shot gun and the 17, but for the 30-06 I think I want one where I can cut the blocks out and make it all fitted and shit.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
MIGHTIER
Midnight run anyone???

Sportbike: '03 F4i
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: The Godfather sent me
MIGHTIER FNG
Does Toy = Gun in motorcycle lingo?
MIGHTIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #7
Hooligan
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member
Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Hooligan Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
IS that a JC Higgins pump? I have an old JC Higgins semi.... Sears sold them.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #8
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by HooliganZX6
IS that a JC Higgins pump? I have an old JC Higgins semi.... Sears sold them.
It's actually a Sears brand. JC Higgins may have made them. I don't know too much about it yet, I have to consult my friend. All I know is it's old.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #9
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
"yep grammer check"
i think we need grammer aswell tony, look at the title of this thread...lol
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #10
2weelpilot
Super Moderator

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall
2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!2weelpilot Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
is that a smooth bore Brian? No choke tubes?

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
2weelpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #11
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 2weelpilot
is that a smooth bore Brian? No choke tubes?
yes....it's a smooth bore. It says 12ga-full on the barrel so I'm assuming the choke is formed with the barrel itself. I'm not sure what that means as far as shot pattern but.

Anyhow, Luis' got a book to identify who made it. He thinks maybe Winchester or Remington. I cleaned and oiled it up last night. Grandpa said something about it being a Ted Williams edition but I don't see any thing that would suggest that. I don't think it's worth to much so if that's the case I may clean the action and barrel up REALLY good and then throw a synthetic stock on providing its a decent barrel.

I dunno yet...I seem to shoot better with older guns for some reason anyway. I may like it. Or maybe since there is no adjustabe choke set it up like a tactical gun.

Lots of decisions.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover
Old 03-29-2004, 10:46 AM   #12
Meulen
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys

There's no gramatical or logical errors in the title of this thread being it's not meant to be a complete sentence.

It's a New toy to me. Not meaning it's new, just new to me. BTW I wasn't talking about you in particular in the other thread Infact, spelling errors are easy to read over. Its the gramatical errors that can get trick.

...back to our regularly scheduled program.

-Abraham Lincoln

-Herbert Hoover