Non-resident ammo purchase?? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Non-moto related Hobbies > Weapons & Hunters Corner
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Pinto Bean
So long San Diego :(

Sportbike: '09 Speed Triple
Years Riding: Since 07/01/06
How you found us: Your Mom told me
Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Non-resident ammo purchase??

One of the Interns I'm working with is a Resident of Texas and Wants to go Trap shooting with me. Can he buy ammunition in Illinois??

Also, is it legal for him to posess a gun/ Shoot in illinois at a trap range?? I know he can posess gun and buy ammo w/ a valid non-resident hunting license during hunting season, but can he legally shoot recreationally??

Kids in back seats cause accidents, Accidents in Back seats cause kids.

Last edited by Pinto Bean; 07-30-2007 at 10:36 AM..
Pinto Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Pinto Bean

Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Pinto Bean Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Anyone??

Old 07-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
he is gonna have to look into the IL firearms site and see what are the restrictions of an out of state person from Texas.

i don't know to much about the subject. but here are my pretty good assumptions?

being an out of state person he must adhere to Illinois state firearms rules and regulations for transport and god knows what to actually SHOOT in this state for sport or hunting. so with that being said, what works in Texas does NOT work in this crappy ass natzi state of ours.

i THINK if you went to a private or a public range like the one in "ottowa, buffalo shooting range" where they dont check foid cards cause its not there business, BUT they suggest you follow all state laws in case the DNR or STATE comes out and does a surprise check. "which i also suggest he FIND out whats needs to be done legally" call the Illinois State Police and check with them.

i know in all the states i went to, i went to there DNR place and filled out there hunting permits, took there firearms class "if they required" to do what ever i needed to HUNT. to shoot for hobby? i got no clue.

but check with there DNR for hunting, and check with there STATE police or atleast ask your local police dept on who to contact for such info.

in most places its a FEDERAL offense not having the right documents.
Odysseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
Pinto Bean

Thanks Ody, I'm gonna have to look into it. We were just going to shoot some clays out at Silver Springs in yorkville. Never had anyone come bother me there before, but it would be my luck someone would show up and check us out and my buddy would get into some trouble.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Odysseys
YO MAMA

Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!Odysseys THE PIMP WITH THE MOST!
yep, safe then sorry.

about 9 years ago i went to canada to hunt moose, and my god! what a nightmare it was to get my rifles and ammo through over there.

now? who knows whats what. i drive most of the time now with my gear to go hunting.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
Pinto Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
yep, safe then sorry.

about 9 years ago i went to canada to hunt moose, and my god! what a nightmare it was to get my rifles and ammo through over there.

now? who knows whats what. i drive most of the time now with my gear to go hunting.
Yeah, I hunt deer with some guys that have done some Elk Hunts up in Canada. Said it was a huge PITA.

Illinois is gray with all their damn rules. ALMOST as bad as California. If we banned assault rifles, we'd be right there with them.

Last edited by Pinto Bean; 07-30-2007 at 05:06 PM..
Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
Odysseys
YO MAMA

gray, its meant to be that way.

same as the law in most cases, open to interpretation when challenged.

but there is guidelines and clear set of details out there "somewhere"

just hit these guys up.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/
Old 07-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #8
Pinto Bean

Quote:
gray, its meant to be that way.

same as the law in most cases, open to interpretation when challenged.

but there is guidelines and clear set of details out there "somewhere"

just hit these guys up.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/
Man, I read through all of that, they are just not clear about that kind of stuff. I'll have to give the DNR a call maybe. They should know.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #9
Odysseys
YO MAMA

i would hope, they are the ones that in force it
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #10
Pinto Bean

Quote:
i would hope, they are the ones that in force it
Yeah, good point. They had better know.