Processed .223 Brass for Sale! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Home Forums Race Schedule vBGarage Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Chicagoland Sportbikes > Non-moto related Hobbies > Weapons & Hunters Corner
CLSB Store Article Section Local Radar Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Lonely Raven
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google
Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Processed .223 Brass for Sale!

Brass comes in looking like this:

And I clean it, inspect, decap, remove the crimp, deburr the flash hole, and clean the primer pocket. And you get this:

Sorted by head stamp, processed brass $55 per 500
I would consider trade for projectiles, primer, or powder.

I'm in Bolingbrook, right off of two highways for easy pickup. Or I can ship if you cover shipping.

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com

Last edited by Lonely Raven; 11-02-2009 at 01:19 AM..
Lonely Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Inu
Computer Junkie

Sportbike: 02 Katana 600
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: http://www.katanaplanet.com
Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Inu Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Is that a lot of work? seems like it. Wish I reloaded, would go shooting more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Brass comes in looking like this:

And I clean it, inspect, decap, remove the crimp, deburr the flash hole, and clean the primer pocket. And you get this:

Sorted by head stamp, processed brass $40 per 500
I would consider trade for projectiles and powder.

I'm in Bolingbrook, right off of two highways for easy pickup. Or I can ship if you cover shipping.
Inu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Lonely Raven
The Halo hides my Horns

Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!Lonely Raven Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
It's easy work, though a bit monotonous. I save up all my brass and process it during the winter when I'm not out riding or working on the house. I find reloading (even processing brass) very relaxing, and it gives me time to listen to music and just get away from everyone for a bit.

You've probably not seen my past threads on reloading; I'm a bit nutty when it comes to the detail I put into processing my brass. And rifle cases need a lot of prep work over pistol cases.

For rifle brass:
I tumble for about 30 minutes in walnut media to clean up some of the dirt. Then I soak the brass in a watered down citric acid bath (it's why my brass is so shiny, even on the INSIDE). Then I dry and tumble with a non-ammonia brass polish for a couple hours. Then there is the rest of the case prep which is INSPECT, decapping, removing military crimp, deburring, and cleaning the primer pocket. I have a motorized processing station I do this all on, so it goes pretty quickly. Somewhere in the process I'll sort by headstamp so the reloader has plenty of consistency.

For pistol brass, I do a two (or some times three stage) processing where I'll use two tumblers and two different kinds of tumbling media. And I often sort by headstamp as well for consistency.

The only reason I sell my brass, is so I can pay off all the equipment and hopefully afford more components for reloading. This particular batch of .223 came from a police range in Northern California, and I have a few thousand more being shipped to me this week.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Lonely Raven
The Halo hides my Horns

I haz lots of pistol brass! But I'm down to about a half bucket of each caliber...so I'm hesitant to sell any this winter. I'm focusing on rifle brass.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
muddy
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

Sportbike: '06 GSX-R600 Red/Black
Years Riding: a few weeks
How you found us: Fell asleep on the keyboard, woke up here
muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!muddy Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Is it pretty spendy to get into processing and reloading? I have no idea what equipment goes into that or even what's involved but it looks like it'd be pretty interesting.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Lonely Raven
The Halo hides my Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4dsm View Post
Is it pretty spendy to get into processing and reloading? I have no idea what equipment goes into that or even what's involved but it looks like it'd be pretty interesting.
Reloading can be expensive if you want high-end everything. I easily spent over $1000 on my reloading gear, but I bought a nice progressive press (which means it does 5 things at once), digital scale and Japanese digital caliper, high end dies, *two* tumblers (and tried all sorts of tumbling media and polishing compounds before settling on what I use now). And on top of all that, rifle case prep has many extra steps (that I've noted above), so I bought powered case prep tools rather then inexpensive manual tools to help speed up my processing. Plus there's the books, and all the components you have to buy as well. Search for Reloading here in the forums, we've had a few threads on it.

If I got my shit together and don't get distracted, I could churn out 500 pistol rounds an hour, though I go a bit slower then that so I don't make mistakes.

If I got basic reloading gear: Single Stage press, balance (non-digital) scale, basic dies, books, etc. It would cost $350-$400 and you'd be making 80-120 rounds an hour...plus, many would say doing everything slower and manually will provide you with better consistency which brings better accuracy. Most rifle shooters who are all about accuracy, will *only* reload on single stage presses, slowly and accurately.

I'm building a new (and more solid) reloading bench for my bullet press this week. Once I'm done, I'd be happy to have you over to see how it all works. I've had several people come over for the low-down over the past year I've been in this house.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
gsd656
Greg

Sportbike: 2008 HD VRSCAW, 1985 Honda XR350R (Sold), 2001 SV650s (Sold), 2002 Sea-Doo GTX Di
Years Riding: I thought I was getting the hang of it...back to the basics.
How you found us: mentioned on svrider.com
gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!gsd656 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I haz lots of pistol brass! But I'm down to about a half bucket of each caliber...so I'm hesitant to sell any this winter. I'm focusing on rifle brass.

When your supply of 9mm grows over winter and you decide to start selling it, please let me know.

gsd656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
Lonely Raven
The Halo hides my Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd656 View Post
When your supply of 9mm grows over winter and you decide to start selling it, please let me know.
I really don't sell reloaded rounds. There's all sorts of liability reasons why I shouldn't. I even give a long speech and explain the possible consequences to my fiance and friends who use my reloads when we are at the range. If I fuck up, your gun could blow up, causing injury to yourself and your property.

If you buy reloaded ammunition, you should at least buy from a licensed manufacturer.

All that said, if you are hard up for ammo, PM me and maybe we can work something out. I have over 1000 9mm already made up that I didn't get to use on the CLSB shooting get together that got rained out. And I have enough components to make at least 2000 more over this winter with more to come.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
spoil9
Guns prevent pollution

Sportbike: 1996 YZF-600, 2006 Huffy
Years Riding: May '08 - Oct '12
How you found us: smartrider
spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
I'll hit ya up for 500 rounds and those DVD's I've been meaning to hit ya up for.
What you doing Saturday?
ETA: Did you ever place an order with Montana Gold? I can't this month, but maybe in November I'll go halves with ya on an order of their 55gr bullets.

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Our life is a non-stop ride to our death.

Last edited by spoil9; 10-08-2009 at 10:15 PM..
spoil9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
Trent1098S

Sportbike: Ducati 1098S
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: NESBA member
Trent1098S Alright someone is just kissin assTrent1098S Alright someone is just kissin assTrent1098S Alright someone is just kissin ass
Eric,

I'll trade you straight up - 223 brass, for powder and primers. I'm REAL short on 223 brass but have shitloads of 223 bullets, powders, and primers...

As far as bullets.. I've got some 5,000 55 grain AP (SS109), about 5,000 tracers, and god knows how many FMJ. I've already PM'd you about what primers I have, and I've got about 15 pounds of H233 powder which works awesome for 223.

Maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere so neither of us have to drive as far. PM me and we can work out a deal.
NESBA Advaned #501

GSX-R1000 (Track)
Ducati 1098S (Track)
Kawasaki ZX-14 (Street)
Trent1098S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
spoil9
Guns prevent pollution

spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!spoil9 Walks on F&?kin water, No shit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent1098S View Post
Eric,

I'll trade you straight up - 223 brass, for powder and primers. I'm REAL short on 223 brass but have shitloads of 223 bullets, powders, and primers...

As far as bullets.. I've got some 5,000 55 grain AP (SS109), about 5,000 tracers, and god knows how many FMJ. I've already PM'd you about what primers I have, and I've got about 15 pounds of H233 powder which works awesome for 223.

Maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere so neither of us have to drive as far. PM me and we can work out a deal.
If this falls through with Eric, shoot me a PM and we can work something out for the primers, powder and bullets.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
spoil9
Guns prevent pollution

Eric,
Thanks again for the processed brass. Just got home from picking up my order and they all look better than I expected. After BSing with ya for a little bit and checking out your setup I'm even more thankful at the price you charged.
For those who reload, you already know; for those who don't, the work he is doing for the price he is asking is a steal.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
Lonely Raven
The Halo hides my Horns

Thanks Will and Trent. Between you guys and Craigs list, I'm cleaned out.
I'm so going to raise my prices on this shit. I put too many hours in to get cleaned out in one week! LOL

Thanks!