I picked up this trailer at the end of last fall. I am in the process of do some modifications to it and thought I would post what I'm doing. I'm pretty bored as of late, and need to do something motorcycle related and seeing as it is not track season around here yet. This will have to do
Well here it is: 6X12 single axel.
Last fall with a bit of free time I stripped the interior walls of the 1/8" plywood (if you can even call it plywood) and started figuring out what I wanted to do with the interior. I knew I wanted lights and power added inside, as well as make it usable as a sleeping area at track days.
I started with adding rigid foam insulation for the walls which would then be covered in 1/4" plywood for more durability and for hanging things off of. I didn't want to go too thick if it wasn't needed to save a bit of weight some wear.
This is basically what I had done when I opened the trailer back up a few days ago.
After I had the side walls insulated I went on ahead and put the plywood up.
After I had the plywood up I went back and insulated the rounded areas where the roof and wall join. the rigid foam was not useful here so I went with regular old r-11 fiberglass.
Somewhere in this process I managed to swap out the stock rear brake/turn signal lights for LED versions.
So far that is it. I will be continuing this more in the coming weeks and will be posting updates.
Future things to be done in project:
-insulate ceiling and add plywood
-Paint interior white
-Add the wheel chocks and tie down rails (A-track)
-install the electrical including lights outlets and switches
-Make a tongue platform for gas jugs
-remove the stickers off the exterior
-install roof vent
-a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting right now