I've been snapping some pics as I refinish my new trailer and I know I've been bugging u guys with a lotta questions, so I figured I'd share my progress
Feel free to chime in with any suggestions!
So basically it's a little older and needed some extra love before the season started. Fortunately, the exterior is in great shape with no leaks... it's a little bigger than I initially wanted but I'm already beginning to enjoy the extra headroom and floor space:
Started with the spare rim rack and the jack stand. The jack was nearing the end of it's life... it was bent, rusty, and most importantly, it wobbled and felt kinda unstable, so I ordered up a new one with 2X the capacity and a fancy little removable foot. Before I could install it, I had to widen the diameter of the little steel plate that was welded to the frame. It was a huge pain in the ass but it really paid off when it finally fit.
Making the new jack fit:
New stand w/ foot:
As u can see in the last pic, I also repainted the whole mount for the spare wheel and that super rusty piece that clips in and locks on the wheel. I also gave the edges a quick dip in some plasti dip so it didn't scratch the rim like it had been before:
I also repainted the spare wheel. (this actually looks better in the pic than for real):
Duplicolor makes a really nice, cheap metallic wheel coating "system" with a clear coat. I'll be doing the other 2 when I have more time.
Now for the inside. The floor had about 300 layers of paint so I started sanding away. I also removed all the old mounting hardware which left about 35 holes in my floor, so I plugged them with some 3/8" dowels and wood glue. Next step is to finish sanding the old paint where the hardware was in the way, level off the dowels, and run the belt over a couple more sections again.
Then I taped off the walls and threw on a fresh coat of white exterior paint.
I didn't go all the way down bc I'm planning to paint the bottom 6" the same color as the floor.
When I get some time and better weather, I can finish the floor/ramp with the sealing primer and black deck paint (with grit) I picked up. I'll keep ya'll posted.. almost done!