Road america Trackday - 5-21-11 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Super Moto Forum Let the Mayhem begin

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Road america Trackday - 5-21-11

THeyve got a Open sumo Practice at Ra On Saturday May 21st - 11-5PM

Seeing whos up for it!

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
.
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,985
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?
           
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
Maybe. I don't think I have anything going on that day and I'd like to get up there for a practice day before I do the race on the AHRMA weekend next month.

What do they require as far as the bike? I have catch cans for everything and sliders on everything. What about safety wire? Just the oil drain and fill plugs?

Uncle Steve, do you have your kids that weekend? Go with me so I don't have to eat the whole gas bill myself .
Ryan is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered User
 
Moto804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Algonquin, IL
Posts: 646
Location: Algonquin, IL
Sportbike: KTM / Suzuki
Years Riding: Long enough
How you found us: Geomoto
           
Drain and fill plugs will do for the practice day. There really isn't a tech inspection at the practice days, and Tony can show you anything else that will need to be done there at the track.

Nobody is really too concerned on practice days unless you oil down the front straight, at which point someone may beat your ass for not being prepared (unless you are a Giant Russian, in which case we just let it slide!)

---------------------------
Colin.
Moto804 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 PM
.
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,985
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?
           
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
What about a chubby Irishman ? I need to safety wire the bike anyways before that race weekend so I will just get it done.

Oh fuck, I just remembered I have box tickets for the White Sox game that day. Never mind, I'm out.
Ryan is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Oh fuck, I just remembered I have box tickets for the White Sox game that day. Never mind, I'm out.
Wait a minute - Go ride fun ass sumo bike at rd america or go sit in shitty traffic, goto shitty hood, sit in over crowded stadium with 10s of thousands of motherfuckers who you would not want to do down in a big ship alla Titanic style, pay large amounts of money for over priced dogs and beer to watch your team get their asses beat and then wait in traffic for 1.5 hrs to get the fuck out of the park. - Im totally baffled - i think im going to call Glen Curtiss and have you banned from SBK2, supermoto and road america! Your supermoto man card has been revoked!

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered User
 
equalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Posts: 2,675
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Sportbike: SUPERMOTO & DIRTY 450rr CR525af
Years Riding: few
How you found us: SOME JCAT
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto804 View Post
Drain and fill plugs will do for the practice day. There really isn't a tech inspection at the practice days, and Tony can show you anything else that will need to be done there at the track.

Nobody is really too concerned on practice days unless you oil down the front straight, at which point someone may beat your ass for not being prepared (unless you are a Giant Russian, in which case we just let it slide!)
Hey the bike was fully safety wired! the motor grenaded!
equalz is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalz View Post
Hey the bike was fully safety wired! the motor grenaded!
Grenaded, shit i was right on your ass when " Haileys Comet came and punched a 3.5" hole in the bottom of your case, scared the shit out of me, tapped out 70 mph and Poooff, white smoke , your rear locked up skidding and me with my tires well lubed front and rear with amsoils finest 20W50 - it was a pretty scary afternoon!

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered User
 
equalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Posts: 2,675
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Sportbike: SUPERMOTO & DIRTY 450rr CR525af
Years Riding: few
How you found us: SOME JCAT
           
yes that was some shit! lol great time
equalz is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:05 PM
.
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,985
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: 05 DRZ-SM, 80 GS1100E, 99 KTM 125SX, 03 KTM 200MXC
Years Riding: Since 2001
How you found us: ?
           
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via Yahoo to Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
Wait a minute - Go ride fun ass sumo bike at rd america or go sit in shitty traffic, goto shitty hood, sit in over crowded stadium with 10s of thousands of motherfuckers who you would not want to do down in a big ship alla Titanic style, pay large amounts of money for over priced dogs and beer to watch your team get their asses beat and then wait in traffic for 1.5 hrs to get the fuck out of the park. - Im totally baffled - i think im going to call Glen Curtiss and have you banned from SBK2, supermoto and road america! Your supermoto man card has been revoked!
Would I rather be riding motorcycles? Of course. I already bought the ticket and told the girlfriend I would go. She doesn't complain when I take off and do motorcycle shit every weekend all summer so I try to do right by her with stuff like this. Besides, it's a corporate skybox deal that includes free food and booze so I'm going to get shitfaced and puke on the common folk sitting below us.
Ryan is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
In - Let's do ladies - Homie needs some PRAC......TICE!!!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered User
 
Moto804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Algonquin, IL
Posts: 646
Location: Algonquin, IL
Sportbike: KTM / Suzuki
Years Riding: Long enough
How you found us: Geomoto
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
Grenaded, shit i was right on your ass when " Haileys Comet came and punched a 3.5" hole in the bottom of your case, scared the shit out of me, tapped out 70 mph and Poooff, white smoke , your rear locked up skidding and me with my tires well lubed front and rear with amsoils finest 20W50 - it was a pretty scary afternoon!
No, I'm pretty sure a little more safety wire would have held that thing together.

I just like how we could pretty much piece your engine back together as we walked the 100 yds of oil slick and scrap metal you left going up the hill.

---------------------------
Colin.
Moto804 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome