Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Request! Want to get into Sumo racing

2K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  design-engine 
#1 ·
Like the title says. Only problem is I am leaving my semi-high paying job to go back to skool. I hope to have another semi-high paying job while I go, but it is not a certainty. I also want to keep my nice AMA bike too, lol.

So my request, for all you sumo junkies that frequent the boards I don't even know about, is to help me find a cheap ass bike that I can thrash and trash next season if/when I can't afford trackdays and racing.

Seriously, any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Sign up at supermotojunkie.com and look for a DRZ - Inexpensive, parts for days and they can take a beating - You can get one for tween $2K and 25 hundo

Then come rip with us

#6 ·
Depending on how far you want to drive, there are a few for like $3K and change

Good luck

#5 ·
Already gettin out of the sport Bro?

#7 ·
Got a buddy in Wisc selling one - Track Bike - Yami - $3500

Steve's bike is pretty fly too - Fast as fuck as well

#17 ·
These shirts are limited edition. I got a guy who can get ya one but its gonna cost ya.

Good times as always with ya Kevo. Glad I was able to stop by in Louisville and have a couple cold ones with ya. I like that pizza place also. Ride back was good. Had a smile on my face from all the fun I had down there. :mytruck:

#15 ·
Not gonna sell the bike till I have the valves checked and the engine gone through. Not getting out at all, really don't want to sell it but you know every thing is for sale. Shit I could part it out for more than I bought it for easily. I have nothing to hide on the bike its a bitch to start cus I need the valves adjusted and also with the high compression pistons adds to the fun. LOL

I am bringing the bike over to www.williamsmotorwerx.net to have the work done. Once that is done I might toss it up for sale for about 6 grand. The engine has about 3 grand worth of work done to it already then the other crap like ohlins forks ohlins TTX shock graves factory exhaust that you cannot buy anymore and the galespeed rims its worth a pretty penny.

#20 ·
Phil will let his old Yami that was just rebuilt to a 490 (not the Graves Bike) go for $3500 - Hell, I bet you show up with $3200 cash and he would even help ya load it up - Medical Bills for his wrist

#25 ·
TZR! Tom is da man! + tom is super reasonable -evryone goes to him and hes honest!

#34 ·
#39 ·
So did this guy get a SuMo or what? - TONS for sale in the $3500 range - Even Phil is selling his back up bike for that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.