So whos racin Shawano this weekend? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Super Moto Forum Let the Mayhem begin

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
So whos racin Shawano this weekend?

So whos goin up to freeze and slide all over the place!

Gonna be a cold green fuckin track!

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Obsessed and Deranged
 
elroy121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: il-west burbs and socal
Posts: 4,646
Location: il-west burbs and socal
Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck
           
i think i'm out , too far to freeze and i have no warmers
elroy121 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,288
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
Great fucking racing this weekend. Had a blast. Was worried about the temps but the tires stuck with no issues. Gotta love the pavement at U.S. Air. I will post more later with some pics and some good action shots in the dirt race.

Ended up finishing 4th in points even though I missed 4 races. had a blast battling with Todd S. and Phil P. Me and Phil were tied for 4th in points going into this weekend.
G2G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered User
 
equalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Posts: 2,675
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Sportbike: SUPERMOTO & DIRTY 450rr CR525af
Years Riding: few
How you found us: SOME JCAT
           
Great time as always but FOCK it was cold! and Bug found his heavenly place (White Tail Lounge)
equalz is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,288
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalz View Post
Bug found his heavenly place (White Tail Lounge)
Found the one and only gay bar in Shawano huh.
G2G is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Registered User
 
equalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Posts: 2,675
Location: chicago or MOSCOW
Sportbike: SUPERMOTO & DIRTY 450rr CR525af
Years Riding: few
How you found us: SOME JCAT
           
lol! nah thats Brown Tail Lounge
equalz is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
It was cold but we have raced in colder - Tires are done but grip was surprisingly okay - Ribs are still an issue but I was able to get Practices, quals and (1) race before the arm was spent

Tony, Tittays and anyone else reading this, we need to grow the grids for next year and we are working to expand the series - Tnat, NWGP is committed to the Dirt in every round (even looking to build something @ SRR) so your excuse is worthless now - Get your ass on the grid fuckball - We are trying to capture other riders interests like the Mich Guys but they will not race tarmac only

More to come on this but know that NWGP is going through some changes and for the better - We are no longer a Mini Racing Club with big bikes off to the side - The Bigs are actually on par with the Minis in terms of attendance but we want to grow it more

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
It was cold but we have raced in colder - Tires are done but grip was surprisingly okay - Ribs are still an issue but I was able to get Practices, quals and (1) race before the arm was spent

Tony, Tittays and anyone else reading this, we need to grow the grids for next year and we are working to expand the series - Tnat, NWGP is committed to the Dirt in every round (even looking to build something @ SRR) so your excuse is worthless now - Get your ass on the grid fuckball - We are trying to capture other riders interests like the Mich Guys but they will not race tarmac only

More to come on this but know that NWGP is going through some changes and for the better - We are no longer a Mini Racing Club with big bikes off to the side - The Bigs are actually on par with the Minis in terms of attendance but we want to grow it more
I will try to make as many as possible, so why dont you also race SBK2 since it is one of the 1st sumo orgs and one of the longest running.

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
I will try to make as many as possible, so why dont you also race SBK2 since it is one of the 1st sumo orgs and one of the longest running.
I don't like the dirt aka why I got out of MX - I am now forced to run it so I have no choice

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I don't like the dirt aka why I got out of MX - I am now forced to run it so I have no choice
so youll be out to support the longest running Sumo series in probably the world SBK - i know the USA!

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
so youll be out to support the longest running Sumo series in probably the world SBK - i know the USA!
Glen races twice a year Bro and both are at RA - Who do i support, a 2 race schedule or an 8 race schedule that goes to 3 tracks and posts lap times and such - PLUS, as I said before, I never raced SBK2 as the dirt and jumping fucks with my back so i ran NWGP - Next year, can I afford to race 2 series? - The answer is no so i will support the series that goes to USAir and SRR and not just RA

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Glen races twice a year Bro and both are at RA - Who do i support, a 2 race schedule or an 8 race schedule that goes to 3 tracks and posts lap times and such - PLUS, as I said before, I never raced SBK2 as the dirt and jumping fucks with my back so i ran NWGP - Next year, can I afford to race 2 series? - The answer is no so i will support the series that goes to USAir and SRR and not just RA
come on, you can afford a extra $250 per year those new iphones and ipad and all that high tech shit probaly add up to at least $500-$1000 per year . there one jump at ra which most dont even jump they roll it. Its $100 bucks to race one class with membership.

http://www.superbikers2.com/Race%20F...Entry2012b.pdf

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnat View Post
come on, you can afford a extra $250 per year those new iphones and ipad and all that high tech shit probaly add up to at least $500-$1000 per year . there one jump at ra which most dont even jump they roll it. Its $100 bucks to race one class with membership.

http://www.superbikers2.com/Race%20F...Entry2012b.pdf
I can write phones and tablets off on my Taxes Bro - Race fee's, not so much - Also comes the added expense of travel and lodging and time away from other shit - That and NWGP is a family dude and SBK2 is race and split, twice a seaason

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I can write phones and tablets off on my Taxes Bro - Race fee's, not so much - Also comes the added expense of travel and lodging and time away from other shit - That and NWGP is a family dude and SBK2 is race and split, twice a seaason
Maybe if more people raced sbk2 it would again be a monthly thing. the last season of monthly sbk2 was a blast 3 RA races and one WIR banked oval and USAIR, i wish they would do WIR as you have no idea how much fun a Banked left turn is and down a straight tappped out in 5th gear or your case 6th gear. Ill race NWGP next year due to adding dirt and do SBK2, this year was kinda a wash due to the broken arm and money thing. SRR at night was a blast.

http://www.myspace.com/video/tnat1/wir-7-2008/46931293

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Pringles can user
 
tnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: woodstock,illinois
Posts: 6,269
Location: woodstock,illinois
Sportbike: 2005 YZ250
Years Riding: 1977
How you found us: Geo
           
I forgot about of this old norway vid, my buddy Joe Narrating - Equalz is in it back in the day!

http://www.myspace.com/video/tnat1/n...-2008/33581144

DO YOU WANT TO BE A BETTER DIRT OR MX RIDER OR LEARN TO RIDE DIRT?


CLICK THE LINK!


http://www.club57mx.com/



Wiping my last dump was like cleaning Laffy Taffy off a hot car dashboard.
Doug Stanhope



Thanks to my Sponsors - Gaerne, Protaper, ScottUSA, MSR, Motomaster Brake systems, Faction MX, Sunline, Dr D, EVS, DECAL WORKS.
tnat is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome