This Saturday day night local SUMO races!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Super Moto Forum Let the Mayhem begin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

This Saturday day night local SUMO races!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration/Tech will open at 4:00 we plan to take the track by 5pm. We will run til we're done. Races usually start right about when the sun starts to go down so I think the actual racing will start about 7:30/8pm.

So 2 practice sessions and a qualifyer then racing.

For those of have not raced under the lights its a must!!!!

Here is the addy

Sugar River Raceway
N2236 Mt. Hope Road
Brodhead, WI 53520

If you have a sumo and want to come out and race here is your chance!!!!!!!!!!! There is no better time than watching or racing a sumo race under the lights with a bunch of other guys. If anyone from CLSB comes out to spectate I will have free beer for anyone who shows up. Thats right FREE BEER and racing under the lights! This track is about 20 miles west of Blackhawk Farms. They have a face book page just search sugar river raceway or click here on there website. http://www.sugarriverraceway.com/

Very low key and you will have the time of your life. Even if you have never raced before this is the perfect track to get ur wick wet

Saturday night under the lights @ Suger River Raceway. Need oil drain plug and filter safety wired, otherwise fair game. Asphalt only, Beginner classes $50-80 for the night, 4:00PM - Midnightish. Whos down? Full leather suits are not needed!!! You can race with full moto cross gear. Most of the dirt bike guys who race sumo where the same dirt bike gear and helmet as they do when they ride dirt.

If you need gloves, helmet, or boots I have some to borrow to get you by for the night just let me know ahead of time. If its ur first time and you wanna race but don't know what to do once you get to the track you can pit with me for the night and I will help you out and show you the ropes.

I know there are a bunch of guys from this site racing this weekend so lets get a roll call!!!!!!!!!!

I will post up the guys I know for a fact that are racing

1. G2G
2. Equalz
3. Mike YZ250x ( I forgot ur screen name dude)
4. Ryan from WI
5. Tnat
6. Ryan K
7. Mike harlow (don't know ur screen name)

Here is a little vid Ryan put up last year to a day time race we did there last year.

http://youtu.be/koLc0iAt1r4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=koLc0iAt1r4

If you have a family with kids bring the kids out!

Some pics my GF took from last years night race at Sugar River

Oh shit fuck lol

The big boy race. Open Sumo

Last edited by G2G; 07-11-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
G2G

You get to walk in the pits and stand right along the fence to watch teh races even if you are not racing!

Qualifying

Me discusing how sexy I look. haha

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
G2G

What not to do. I ended up riding out this soon to be tank slapper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Sportbike: SUPERMOTO & DIRTY 450rr CR525af
Years Riding: few
How you found us: SOME JCAT

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Obsessed and Deranged

Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck

in
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm a blessed man

Sportbike: GSXR 1000
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Sportbikes.net

Dude, I gotta admit. This looks like a A LOT of fun. My little stock CRF150R with knobbies aint gonna cut it though.

IF I wanted to jump in with both feet, any recommendations on a steed?

Preferably a recommendation for more bike than you think I can handle would be about perfect. LOL :-)

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
G2G

Cool deal Elroy! Ron I am about to walk into a meeting I will post up later about bikes. Trust me its alot more fun than it looks.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
G2G

Ron if you are really interested in getting into the sport you can come to a trackday with us and I will let you take my bike out for a couple of sessions. I promise you that you will love it.

Also next season I am racing my street motard Aprilia SXV 550 so I will be selling my race motard. It is set up to the T. Ohlins suspension all around set up by FBI also the engine was just rebuilt at the end of last year and I have only raced 1 weekend this year so the hours are very low on the rebuild. Everything is fresh in the engine with almost all new parts including the cylinder, piston, cam chain, slipper clutch, valves, valve springs, ect. The WHOLE engine was gone through. Tom Zont from Zont racing built the engine and it will last for many seasons without being cracked open. This build is not a crazy agressive one where it has to be rebuilt every season. Kicks over in 1 -2 kicks evey time. Has all the goodies on the bike and finishes on the podium every race. Just picked it up yesterday as I dropped it off at Fuel Moto to have tuned. You can ask anyone the bike is one of the most solid bike out there.

You honestly just need to put gas in it and ride it no bull shitting around!

My racing bike along with my street bike I will race next year.

Last edited by G2G; 07-11-2013 at 11:41 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm a blessed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
Ron if you are really interested in getting into the sport you can come to a trackday with us and I will let you take my bike out for a couple of sessions. I promise you that you will love it.

Also next season I am racing my street motard Aprilia SXV 550 so I will be selling my race motard. It is set up to the T. Ohlins suspension all around set up by FBI also the engine was just rebuilt at the end of last year and I have only raced 1 weekend this year so the hours are very low on the rebuild. Everything is fresh in the engine with almost all new parts including the cylinder, piston, cam chain, slipper clutch, valves, valve springs, ect. The WHOLE engine was gone through. Tom Zont from Zont racing built the engine and it will last for many seasons without being cracked open. This build is not a crazy agressive one where it has to be rebuilt every season. Kicks over in 1 -2 kicks evey time. Has all the goodies on the bike and finishes on the podium every race. Just picked it up yesterday as I dropped it off at Fuel Moto to have tuned. You can ask anyone the bike is one of the most solid bike out there.

You honestly just need to put gas in it and ride it no bull shitting around!
Sounds good man, I can't make it this Saturday but I am definitely interested in coming out to the next track day.

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Sportbike: KTM / Suzuki
Years Riding: Long enough
How you found us: Geomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhix View Post
Dude, I gotta admit. This looks like a A LOT of fun. My little stock CRF150R with knobbies aint gonna cut it though.

IF I wanted to jump in with both feet, any recommendations on a steed?

Preferably a recommendation for more bike than you think I can handle would be about perfect. LOL :-)
Hey Ron,

I'm giving some serious thought to parting with my '06 KTM 450 SMR (bike in the foreground in the picture, better pics can be provided if interested).

The bike is now set up in MX trim, but I have full SM suspension - Factory Connection modded (actually Robert Loire's old suspension), brakes - top level brembo, not stock and wheels 17" front, 5" wide rear, with rains or slicks (I have 2 sets, keeping 1, you pick, have spare slicks too).

Other spare: FMF Exhaust system installed (I have stock system also), KTM Hardparts slipper clutch, KTM 2 pc clutch cover, all catch cans and sliders you would need, more that I'm not thinking of now.

I bought this bike in December of '11 from BH on here. It was almost like new (no hr meter on the bike), and I have only ridden it 3-4 times each of the last 2 yrs in the dirt, never put it on the pavement.

You will read and hear many things about this version KTM engine (possibly directly from Steve's experience). The cranks aren't great for extended wide open usage, so if you are thinking of putting it on a big track there is a good chance for issues. On the small tracks though, life is usually pretty good.

I would like to get $4500 for the lot.

I'm going to pick up a small 2T just play in the dirt for the few times I get out lately.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00276.jpg (58.2 KB, 14 views)

---------------------------
Colin.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
G2G

Yeah I know that year bike pretty well. I had that issue with myKTM 450 SMR when I had it also and it was from using it big bike tracks.

Last edited by G2G; 07-12-2013 at 09:44 AM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm a blessed man

Thanks Colin. Gonna be a bit before I pull the trigger on anything, but it is definitely something that Im interested in doing.

Ron Hix
MTD CR #975
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 07:26 PM
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: 09' Triumph Daytona 675, 06' Triumph Thruxton, 74' CB360
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Sportbike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Years Riding: 2 years
How you found us: search engine

That looks like fun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode