SM Race Rock Island??? Check it out! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Super Moto Forum Let the Mayhem begin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
6Teen Cycles

Sportbike: '61 Pan Shovel
Years Riding: Since before 600s were fast!
How you found us: I forgot

Send a message via AIM to geomoto Send a message via Yahoo to geomoto
SM Race Rock Island??? Check it out!

http://http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=74646

Quote:
I'm looking for 15 to 20 riders to field an exhibition race Labor Day weekend (Sept. 5-6) in Rock Island, Illinois. This is an unbelievable opportunity for the Supermoto community to become part of the annual Rock Island Grand Prix karting event held in the downtown streets of the city.

I am currently working out the details with the RIGP organization in regards to how we will be worked into the schedule of events, etc. and will keep all interested parties informed on the progress. The city of Rock Island holds a number of festivities and events throughout the entire week leading up to Labor Day. Saying that, this is also a great opportunity to bring your families and have some fun while getting to promote this great sport.

Here is a short list of criteria that you will have to meet in order to race. Please understand that this list is in no way meant to offend anyone. Being the first time an SM group has ever been invited to this venue, I need to make sure that it runs as fluid an safe as possible.

1. Must be at least 18yrs of age.
2. Bike displacement of 250cc or larger liquid cooled 4-stroke/2-stroke full SM set-up
3. A rider classification of Expert or fast Amateur. Any pros available?
4. All bikes will be required to pass basic tech requirements ( listed at a later date). If you currently run with a local series than your bike is most likely ready to go.

My personal requirements:

1. If you commit.......Please commit 100%
2. Be responsible and accountable. This is a great opportunity being presented to the SM community by the wonderful people of the RIGP organization and I want to make sure that we're invited back. I firmly believe that this venue could potentially lead to something greater for the sport.

On a final note......I will also need volunteers to help organize and help run our portion of the event. They are willing to give space for booth set-ups and parking lot space for demonstrations which we will also need volunteers for. This is a great opportunity for all of the Mid-Western/ Central supermoto clubs to get together and promote their series and the sport. Please PM me if interested or email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

For the first year, this will be an asphalt only event. There might be a few fabricated ramps/jumps but that's all. Also there will be a fee to race this event which I will inform all interested parties at a later date. Expect somewhere between $50 to $100.

I would be willing to help in the pits for one of the fast guys

“The shapes and beauty of the motor are very important to me. Older bikes have beauty. Modern bikes…I don’t have any favorite shapes.”
-Shinya Kimura

'73 BMW Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM

Sportbike: KTM / Suzuki
Years Riding: Long enough
How you found us: Geomoto

I've been hoping to get something moving with this event for a few years. It will be really cool if this actually happens.

The course is very basic, and I doubt they will have time in their schedule to switch it up for the bikes much, but it will still a cool event running the city streets with all the people around.

We will just have to take a lot of care to make sure it is handled very carefully with safety and noise issues the first time out so we don't end up with a 1 and done deal. Maybe then we can grow it to a seperate and/or modified course for the bikes in future years.

---------------------------
Colin.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
definitely will be cool if it happens.

there's a kart race thru the streets and on the college campus in my hometown. I'll see if I can dig up some contacts for that event as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
That would be all kinds of kick ass. a REAL road race!

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
6Teen Cycles

Sportbike: '61 Pan Shovel
Years Riding: Since before 600s were fast!
How you found us: I forgot

Send a message via AIM to geomoto Send a message via Yahoo to geomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH View Post
definitely will be cool if it happens.

there's a kart race thru the streets and on the college campus in my hometown. I'll see if I can dig up some contacts for that event as well.
Spicy Pickle Promotions?

“The shapes and beauty of the motor are very important to me. Older bikes have beauty. Modern bikes…I don’t have any favorite shapes.”
-Shinya Kimura

'73 BMW Blog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode