post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
they call me, Mr. Green

Sportbike: 01 zx-7r
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: a little voice in my head

GTA 4 thread (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpud View Post
I think most people use the 360 to play games (both solo and on the totally awesome LIVE network) as it was intended, not as a proprietary video player... but to each their own.
dude have you ever played a PS3...the gaming is amazing but the fact that it can be used as a multi purpose media center is icing on the cake. as far as blu-ray being proprietary, its gonna be the new dvd buddy so you may as well jump on the bandwagon. i don't have a problem with the 360 and i have one in the house (roommate's) i honestly just am so used to the ps controller since i have been using it since the 90's that I don't want to change. and there is no way i'm buying a game for my roommate's 360 so i guess i just have to wait for him to buy it so i can whoop on you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Old Lady Falls Asleep with Lit Pall Mall 120 and Blaze Erupts?

I've seen it a hundred times.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
they call me, Mr. Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion29 View Post
Log out of PSN. It's a known bug that will probably be fixed by the end of a week with a patch. Parts in the single player conflict with something to do with being logged into the PSN.
thank you sir...now i have something to look forward to after bike night tonight!!!

Quote:

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:57 PM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen7r View Post
dude have you ever played a PS3...the gaming is amazing but the fact that it can be used as a multi purpose media center is icing on the cake. as far as blu-ray being proprietary, its gonna be the new dvd buddy so you may as well jump on the bandwagon.
Falling on deaf ears. This site is swarming with 360 fanboys. That's cool but some are quick to rip on our gear.

Well at least PS3 owners can still pick up GTA4. All the stores are sold out for 360 which is a good thing but whatever, I took the dive today at Circuit City and got the $10 gift card. Meanwhile at least 4 xBox fanboys were told they were sold out on the 29th.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 07:05 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
dude have you ever played a PS3...the gaming is amazing but the fact that it can be used as a multi purpose media center is icing on the cake. as far as blu-ray being proprietary, its gonna be the new dvd buddy so you may as well jump on the bandwagon. i don't have a problem with the 360 and i have one in the house (roommate's) i honestly just am so used to the ps controller since i have been using it since the 90's that I don't want to change. and there is no way i'm buying a game for my roommate's 360 so i guess i just have to wait for him to buy it so i can whoop on you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibeemer View Post
Falling on deaf ears. This site is swarming with 360 fanboys. That's cool but some are quick to rip on our gear.

Well at least PS3 owners can still pick up GTA4. All the stores are sold out for 360 which is a good thing but whatever, I took the dive today at Circuit City and got the $10 gift card. Meanwhile at least 4 xBox fanboys were told they were sold out on the 29th.

Get over it, ok? Please! This is the Xbox Live forum, so enough with the beating a dead horse. You're not going to convince 360 people to buy a PS3 and we aren't going to convice you otherwise.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Human lawn dart

Sportbike: 03 ninja 6r 05 ttr-230 04 klx300r
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: I know all

Send a message via AIM to rdrash
Isn't there a ps3 forum. Stick to that guys.

The game is really slow starting out. I played it for about an hour last night. It has great potential though.

I'm not short. I'm aerodynamically efficient.

Anti Helmet Laws Pro Darwinism
MotoGP 200 mph no roll cage
NESBA # 599
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
Get over it, ok? Please! This is the Xbox Live forum, so enough with the beating a dead horse. You're not going to convince 360 people to buy a PS3 and we aren't going to convice you otherwise.
No one is trying to convince anyone of anything. The guy just saw the Grand Theft Auto 4 thread title on the recent posts and thought the thread was about the game not the system as much. He asked a question looking for an answer and got one, leave it be.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
No one is trying to convince anyone of anything. The guy just saw the Grand Theft Auto 4 thread title on the recent posts and thought the thread was about the game not the system as much. He asked a question looking for an answer and got one, leave it be.
It helps to check the forum or use the search function. 360 vs PS3 has been argued to death. Can we please move on?

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:14 AM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
It helps to check the forum or use the search function. 360 vs PS3 has been argued to death. Can we please move on?

hmmmmmm....looks like you both agree on the move on part. Are we going to have a rapper like smackdown? Instead of east coast west coast, xbox360 ps3?

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:38 AM

GTA 4 thread

Looks like admin deleted the PS3 posts from the GTA 4 thread. Unfortunate because there was a question asked there that was resolved by a member. Admin did not create a PS3 version of those posts either.

Interesting thought:

These games are virtually the same for both the 360 and the PS3 and were released at the same time. This is going to happen more frequently with future games so I don't see this changing.

But is it my understanding that you have to have the 360 version to post to that thread? That's a shame since most of the posts there are about playing the game and where to find and unlock stuff which for the most part should be the same on either system.

As a PS3 owner of GTA4 I'd like to visit the thread and post questions about how to advance in the game. Or the fact that Circuit City still has inventory and offers the $10 gift card this week.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!

Last edited by chibeemer; 05-01-2008 at 11:40 AM.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:07 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

And here they are...we are equal opportunity mods.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Quote:
These games are virtually the same for both the 360 and the PS3 and were released at the same time. This is going to happen more frequently with future games so I don't see this changing.

But is it my understanding that you have to have the 360 version to post to that thread? That's a shame since most of the posts there are about playing the game and where to find and unlock stuff which for the most part should be the same on either system.

As a PS3 owner of GTA4 I'd like to visit the thread and post questions about how to advance in the game. Or the fact that Circuit City still has inventory and offers the $10 gift card this week.
If you refrain from the use of "360 Fanboy" and PS3 specific questions, us 360 owners would be glad to help you out with game tips. Most of our comments however are about MP which we do not have in common.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
expand and react

I have done some reorganizing. there is now a video game forum, with console specific subforums. keep game discussion and tips in the game forum and keep live and psn etc talk in the specific sub forum.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
teets

Sportbike: teets
Years Riding: teets
How you found us: teets

Send a message via AIM to Flounder
Join me my PS3 bretheren. Those XBOX fools don't realize yet the power of the PEE ES TREE.

I'm getting the game 2night.. anyone wanna play tommorrow? I'm off all day

teets
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Sportbike: 05 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: CBR Forum

Send a message via AIM to AgentofDarkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
Join me my PS3 bretheren. Those XBOX fools don't realize yet the power of the PEE ES TREE.

I'm getting the game 2night.. anyone wanna play tommorrow? I'm off all day
1 week of finals left. Then I have to figure out how to take back the LCD from my Indian channel watching parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
In motorcycle terms, that's like taking your Ducati to a dealer for service, and they hand you back a 1979 backfiring Honda 400 Hawk.. because after all, a bike is a bike.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony View Post
expand and react

I have done some reorganizing. there is now a video game forum, with console specific subforums. keep game discussion and tips in the game forum and keep live and psn etc talk in the specific sub forum.
Thanks Tony!

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
If you refrain from the use of "360 Fanboy" and PS3 specific questions, us 360 owners would be glad to help you out with game tips. Most of our comments however are about MP which we do not have in common.
Um, the fanboy statement was just meant to point out that the fella unknowingly asked a PS3 specific question in a thread that he assumed was about the game not working. He innocently thought he was doing the right thing and instead of pointing him towards starting a PS3 thread he was told to buy a better system.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 12:35 AM

Anyone else buy this game? I encountered the same problem. The game installed on the HD OK. Then after installing the game locked up when "Loading New Game" appreared on the screen. I let it run for 30 minutes and then hit the PS button to get back to the PS menu.

From what I understand I made it farther than others because the game actually installed. Some users are reporting that the game locks up on install and when they hard reboot the disk drive doesn't read disks. That's not me yet.

So I did the trick posted here and at GameSpots.com where you turn off the internet connection and the auto sign on to PSN and then I tried to load a new game. It seemed to work fine.

Well, I'm thinking either I can wait until Sony or Rockstar fixes this. Some people on GameSpots are reporting what Rockstar is saying to them but who knows if its BS. Basically they are either ignoring the users or telling them that a fix can't be worked out by them, it needs to be Sony.

My other choice is back up my data, which I'll do anyway and then play the crap outta it. My original receipt is marked May 28, 2007 so if it breaks I'll get it fixed for free in the next 25 days or so.

Anyone else get this game?

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Thread killer

Sportbike: Honda SVT
Years Riding: 2003
How you found us: word of mouth

i got it too. i beat a decent amount of missions and I'm ready to try the multiplayer.

so far, i got to:
-internet cafes
-gun shops
-sex shop mission
-stole couple cars for brucie
-banged michelle couple times
-Roman was shot
-did some missions with lil jacob
-killed a biker gang

-Maciek
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSOLUTnie View Post
i got it too. i beat a decent amount of missions and I'm ready to try the multiplayer.

so far, i got to:
-internet cafes
-gun shops
-sex shop mission
-stole couple cars for brucie
-banged michelle couple times
-Roman was shot
-did some missions with lil jacob
-killed a biker gang
I went bowling with Michelle or what's her name. So let me know how the online works because I had to disable my internet and PSN access in order to load a new game.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM

Sportbike: N/A
Years Riding: N/A
How you found us: N/A

I have been playing online since the day after I picked it up with no problems, other than it freezing one time during online play. I haven't really played many of the online modes, just the party mode and free roam, the main difference being in party mode there is no police presence, but there is in free roam.

Anyone else make it into the Statue that looks like the Statue of Liberty to see the beating heart?

Don't believe what you're reading about Rockstar leaving it up to PSN, I am sure they are both hoping for a quick fix.
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

So is this game worth it? I've been reading this thread and the 360 version and sounds alot like the previous versions of GTA. everyone says its fun, but I played GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City and liked them alot before getting tired of the series on GTA: San Andreas. Seemed like alot of the same stuff and I kept getting lost when driving around in San Andreas.

I definitely don't want to get it if it freezes up either.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 03:45 PM

I haven't played the older games. But both the 360 and the PS3 versions are buggy. Although the PS3 version is more problematic.

You need to disable your internet/wireless connection before you load the game in your PS3 or the game will freeze. There have been more than a few people who've had worse PS3 problems.

Rockstar blames Sony and Sony is telling customers who brick their unit to send it in for $150 worth of work unless still under warranty.

Is it a fun game? Yes, I've been playing it. Did it freeze up on me, yes. Was I able to fix it, yes. Would I buy the game today if I knew about the problems, No way.

My PS3 is still covered until May 28th so I'm playing the hell outta it. If its going to get bricked by GTA4 I want that to happen before the 28th. If not I'll be getting a lot of good gaming in while its raining.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Rex Banner

Sportbike: 99 SV650, z50r
Years Riding: A few years
How you found us: A tranny told me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman View Post
So is this game worth it? I've been reading this thread and the 360 version and sounds alot like the previous versions of GTA. everyone says its fun, but I played GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City and liked them alot before getting tired of the series on GTA: San Andreas. Seemed like alot of the same stuff and I kept getting lost when driving around in San Andreas.

I definitely don't want to get it if it freezes up either.
Right now the PS3 multi-player servers are getting hammered and it's causing some small issues in game, if you sign off of PSN before starting the game it's fine (I've once seen this one time for about an hour one day).

I love the series and this game seems a big leap forward. I got a bit tired of gta around san andreas as well but this one is keeping my interest so far. The cell phone adds to the gameplay and doesn't hinder it, and I like that you can set a GPS waypoint to anywhere you like and drive there via the minimap. It helps a TON when trying to save the game or go out to eat.

Lord, beer me strength

Gamertag: FlyingHellf1sh
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
enf
...meh...

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki GS500F
Years Riding: Goose Egg
How you found us: google

With this broken hand all I can really do is hold a TV remote and a PS3 controller, so naturally all I have been doing since this came out is playing this game. Im just going to copy and paste what I threw in another forum (some of the stuff you already know) since it takes way too long for me to type with one hand...

Quote:
The game is cool. Smaller map but incredibly detailed. The cars look really good but drive more like a real car now (meaning braking and taking turns at 80 mph in the city is a biatch). Getting away from the cops is a change. If you commit a crime, citizens notice you, so if you linger around the scene of the crime they call the cops on you. Now a perimeter is created around where the crime took place where any cops in the area will be actively looking for you. If they spot you, a new perimeter is created on the map where they spotted you. Its all on line of sight though so if you duck into an alley, you have a better chance of getting out of the perimeter undetected. Once youre out of the perimeter, as long as you don’t act suspicious youre in the clear. Its fun when youre on foot. They cornered me into a dead end alley and shot me dead behind a dumpster when I was ducking for cover trying to call for help on my cell phone.

You can hail a cab and pick any waypoint on the map for you to be taken to. Then you get the viewpt of actually sitting in the back of the cab and you can look around out the windows and such. You can skip the drive but you can also tell the driver to hurry up for an extra fee and he blows through red lights and such. Basically with the new wanted level system its not just stealing a car and being on your way. Its more realistic. You need to decide if stealing that car or beating up that hooker is worth running from the cops.

The graphics created in the explosions from blowing up a car is amazing. I will say that. Oh and just like real busy cities, cars don’t automatically stop for you when you cross the street. The new rag doll physics are great for that. I got hit by a sedan and I slumped onto the hood and rolled off instead of San Andreas where it looks like you slip on a banana peel.

All in all it’s different gameplay than San Andreas. So if you want to mess around and have a wacky time, San Andreas is the way to go but if you want a very detailed atmosphere with a lot of content and a realistic feeling GTA IV is your game. I can see playing both many years down the road.
PSN ScreenName = DTAces

Lets play some MP!!!

Holler in your pants!
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 04:48 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Hellfish View Post
Right now the PS3 multi-player servers are getting hammered and it's causing some small issues in game, if you sign off of PSN before starting the game it's fine (I've once seen this one time for about an hour one day).

I love the series and this game seems a big leap forward. I got a bit tired of gta around san andreas as well but this one is keeping my interest so far. The cell phone adds to the gameplay and doesn't hinder it, and I like that you can set a GPS waypoint to anywhere you like and drive there via the minimap. It helps a TON when trying to save the game or go out to eat.
I think the GPS would help me a ton. In San Andreas I would forget where I was going, and then lose my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enf View Post
With this broken hand all I can really do is hold a TV remote and a PS3 controller, so naturally all I have been doing since this came out is playing this game. Im just going to copy and paste what I threw in another forum (some of the stuff you already know) since it takes way too long for me to type with one hand...

PSN ScreenName = DTAces

Lets play some MP!!!
Thanks for the right up, good stuff. I think I'll rent it and see if I want to buy it, but its said it starts off slow so I may not get the full effect. I still play COD4 alot and I'm waiting on Socom..... This game would be a nice change of pace for me.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
they call me, Mr. Green

Wow i can't believe i started all this and then bailed. definately didn't mean to do that. sorry

first off i didn't know it was in a 360 thread cuz i always use the new post button when i look for threads. just a habit i picked up cuz i like to chime in on the active topics. i'll make sure not to post in the 360 forums with my ps3 questions in the future.

now i still haven't been able to get into a game for very long. i couldn't figure out how to disable the psn for some reason so i tried to start the new game anyhow and it started. but then i was driving for like ten seconds and it froze up on me. where exactly do i have to go disable the internet connection. i was thinking about just unplugging the ethernet cable but wasn't sure if that would help. thanks

Quote:

post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 PM
enf
...meh...

Quote:
Wow i can't believe i started all this and then bailed. definately didn't mean to do that. sorry

first off i didn't know it was in a 360 thread cuz i always use the new post button when i look for threads. just a habit i picked up cuz i like to chime in on the active topics. i'll make sure not to post in the 360 forums with my ps3 questions in the future.

now i still haven't been able to get into a game for very long. i couldn't figure out how to disable the psn for some reason so i tried to start the new game anyhow and it started. but then i was driving for like ten seconds and it froze up on me. where exactly do i have to go disable the internet connection. i was thinking about just unplugging the ethernet cable but wasn't sure if that would help. thanks
Well you wouldnt be able to connect to PSN if you unplugged your ethernet, so might as well try it...

I didnt have a problem installing and playing off the bat but I dont think my PSN automatically connects when I turn on my PS3, so I say fiddle with those settings (I think they're in the connection settings on the main menu).

Holler in your pants!
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:

No need to apologise for posting on the wrong thread. Those guys were unnecessarily harsh anyway. I do the same thing with the new posts option and nowhere in the thread title did it way xBox anyway. I still think its all nonsense since the gameplay is 97% the same. What the hell, they are over there talking about how to bang Michelle and I'd have something to add to that but I won't post over there because its off limits. Michelle is so over rated. She's easy and sounds distracted when you slip her the sausage.

Anyway, I can't remember if you are wired or wireless. If wired just disconnect. If wireless, then go into the PS3 menu for system and scroll down until you get to the internet connections section. There is a toggle to turn on and off the internet connection. I think there is also one around the same area to turn off the PSN.

If you don't do this then the game might let you load and play for a while but then lock up on you without warning sometimes hours later.

From what I hear it server issues. Last I checked people were thinking that when you start a game your PS3 sends some of your saved characteristics to the server. I'm going to bet that its future unlockables linked to HOME. The farther you are in the game the more crap you'll be able to buy off HOME.

But since HOME isn't ready yet the data transfer is causing those servers to shit. I'd bet this game has something to do with HOME. I mean its going to be the biggest thing for Sony until next month when Metal Gear concludes.

This is why Gran Tourismo Prologue 5 is only $39. Basically, they want the full version of GT5 to be HOME compatable but the game was essentially complete. The current version only has like 71 cars and 6 tracks. GT4 had 700+ cars and 50 tracks.

Oh and GTA4, I hear there are over 200 pidgeons you can run over for bonus points.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
enf
...meh...

Quote:
Oh and GTA4, I hear there are over 200 pidgeons you can run over for bonus points.
Or obliterate with a shotgun.

Oh senseless video game violence...

Holler in your pants!
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
they call me, Mr. Green

haha thats great. i was going to try to play last night after work but i got home and watched TUF and DEA then fell asleep. maybe today i'll get some time to get into the game. i played a bit at my buddies house on his 360 and it was pretty fun. i can see getting sucked into this game the way i was with gta3. vice city and san andreas were cool for mayhem and what not but i was so into the story mode in gta3 that its the only one i actually beat lol...hopefully this game will be like that. is it just me or does the city seem kind of like the original liberty city? its pretty cool.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode